Articles by Sreeja VN
- EU Sentiment Improves Sharply, UK Inflation Dips
September 17 2013 7:35 AM
UK inflation dipped marginally, while economic sentiment in the euro zone and Germany, as measured by the ZEW index, improved sharply.
- US Futures Point To Lower Opening
September 17 2013 6:50 AM
The Federal Reserve is expected to announce a token reduction in its monetary stimulus, starting next month.
- FDA Finds Fault With Indian Drugmaker Ranbaxy's Latest Facility
September 17 2013 4:15 AM
FDA banned import of drugs manufactured at Ranbaxy's newest Indian plant, dealing a blow to the generic major's comeback plans.
- UN Confirms Use Of Chemical Weapons In Syria
September 17 2013 1:35 AM
A UN report examined blood, urine, hair, soil and rocket samples and found 85 percent of blood samples tested positive for sarin.
- Costa Concordia Salvage Ops: A Slideshow
September 16 2013 8:10 AM
The unprecedented salvage operation to upright the wrecked cruise liner, Costa Concordia, is going forward as planned.
- Monday Futures Suggest Higher Opening
September 16 2013 6:46 AM
Investors await the Federal Reserve's decision on its bond-buying program while the race for the Fed's top job is thrown wide open again.
- India's Inflation Grows At Its Fastest Pace In 6 Months
September 16 2013 4:06 AM
India's wholesale price inflation, or WPI, rose more than expected in August hurting chances of a key policy rate cut later this week.
- HTC Lays Off 20% Of Its US Workforce
September 16 2013 1:57 AM
Taiwan's HTC downsized about 20 percent of its U.S. workforce as part of a broad restructuring plan.
- Evidence Of Chemical-Weapons Use In Syria ‘Overwhelming’: UN
September 14 2013 1:09 PM
The U.N. has overwhelming evidence that chemical weapons were used in Aug. 21 attack in Damascus, Syria.
- US, Russia Agree On Disposal Of Syria’s Chemical Weapons
September 14 2013 12:07 PM
The U.S. and Russia on have agreed on a proposal to identify and destroy Syria’s chemical-weapons stockpile by mid-2014.
- Fri. US Futures Signal Lower Opening
September 13 2013 6:26 AM
Investors remain transfixed on economic data, the Fed's next move next week, and the Syrian crisis.
- Walt Disney Plans To Buy Back Up To $8B In Stock
September 13 2013 4:57 AM
Walt Disney plans to buy back up to $8 billion in stock next year.
- July Japan Factory Production Revised Up To 3.4%
September 13 2013 1:56 AM
The revised industrial production number is further evidence of a strengthening economy.
- Thursday US Futures Point To Mixed Open
September 12 2013 6:16 AM
Investors remain watchful ahead of economic data, with one eye fixed firmly on Syrian negotiations in Geneva.
- Bank Indonesia Raises Policy Rates Yet Again
September 12 2013 4:54 AM
Bank Indonesia surprises with second policy rate hike in only two weeks as it works to defend its depreciating currency.
- Verizon Sells Bonds Worth $49B In Record-Breaking Offer
September 12 2013 2:48 AM
The sale exploits low interest rates and renewed investor interest to fund its buyout of Vodafone's stake in Verizon Wireless.
- UK Jobless Rate Dips
September 11 2013 6:29 AM
Bank of England Governor Mark Carney has said that the bank could raise interest rates if the unemployment rate drops below 7 percent.
- Wed Futures Suggest Mixed Open
September 11 2013 5:51 AM
Stocks could open mixed as investors weigh the latest developments on the Syrian crisis.
- Libya Blast Damages Foreign Ministry Office
September 11 2013 3:56 AM
The explosion in the city of Benghazi comes on the first anniversary of a deadly attack on the U.S. consulate.
- US Supplying Weapons To Syrian Rebel Forces
September 11 2013 2:20 AM
The U.S., in June, had decided to supply small arms and ammunition to Syrian rebels, but the process was delayed.