- Shanghai Tower: World's Fastest Elevator Revealed for China's Tallest Skyscraper [PHOTOS]
February 14 2012 12:34 PM
Builders of the 2,073-foot Shanghai Tower have announced a partnership with Mitsubishi to outfit the skyscraper with a 40 mph elevator.
- Bahraini Women Dodge Tear Gas During Feb. 14 Protests [PHOTO]
February 14 2012 11:25 AM
On the one-year anniversary of the Gulf island's Arab Spring uprising, Bahrainis try to return to the seat of the uprising—Pearl Roundabout—and the regime tries to stop them.
- Shakira Attacked by Sea Lion in Blackberry-Fueled South African Attack
February 14 2012 10:52 AM
The Colombia singer tweeted that she was attacked by a Blackberry-seeking sea lion in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Bahrain Protest Mark February 14 Anniversary With Return to Pearl Roundabout [PHOTO SLIDESHOW]
February 14 2012 7:40 AM
On the one-year anniversary of the tiny Gulf nation's uprising, Bahrainis try to return to Pearl Square, the symbol of the revolution, while the government tries to stop them
- Justice Breyer Robbed by Machete-Wielding Intruder at Caribbean Vacation Home
February 13 2012 5:02 PM
The Supreme Court justice, his wife, and friends were ambushed by a machete-wielding robber on Thursday at their Caribbean vacation home, who stole $1,200 from the party.
- Valentine's Day Ice Romance: 4 Winter Wonderland Hotels [SLIDESHOW]
February 13 2012 3:57 PM
Ever since Sweden's Icehotel opened in 1990, hoteliers have been trying to one-up the original ice palace. Here are 17 photos of 3 of the best imitators.
- Video of Whitney Houston's Last Performance
February 11 2012 10:33 PM
The singer passed away on Saturday, and made her last public singing appearance on Thursday. Here's the video.
- Whitney Houston Dies at Age 48, Body Reportedly Found by Ray J
February 11 2012 8:23 PM
According to her publicist, the Queen of Pop passed away this afternoon, but no cause of death was immediately given.
- Dubai: Is the World's Tallest Building on Fire? [PHOTOS]
February 11 2012 4:59 PM
Rumors are sweeping the Internet that Dubai's Burj Khalifa skyscraper, the world's tallest, is on fire, while officials claim it's just fog
- Mitt Romney Wins Maine Caucuses and CPAC Straw Poll, Avoiding Embarrassing Defeats
February 11 2012 4:41 PM
Mitt Romney was the winner of both this year's CPAC straw poll and Maine's caucuses, with 38 percent and 39 percent of the votes, respectively.
- Syria: Army General Assassinated in Damascus, Says State News Agency
February 11 2012 3:40 PM
State-owned news agency SANA is reporting that Brig. Gen. Issa al-Khouli was killed Saturday morning as he left his home in Damascus
- Mortgage Settlement: Details May Not Yet Be Finalized, Says American Banker
February 11 2012 3:02 PM
A source has told American Banker that the terms of this week's massive national mortgage servicing settlement have not been finalized, and that politics drove Thursday's announcement
- CPAC 2012: Andrew Breitbart Loses It, Tells Occupiers To Stop Raping People
February 11 2012 1:53 PM
Andrew Breitbart is seen losing it at Occupy Wall Street protesters at CPAC, calling them filthy, creepy, murdering freaks and telling them to stop raping people
- Groupon: Can It Recover From Its Disappointing Week on Wall Street?
February 10 2012 3:59 PM
After a tough week on Wall St. following a disappointing earnings report, questions are being asked about the daily deal company's longterm strategy
- Highway-Oriented House Transportation Bill: Why It's Hated by Everyone
February 10 2012 1:09 PM
The House transportation bill seems unlikely to advance much further, coming under fire from fiscal conservatives, environmentalists, and transit activists
- Google Rumored to Develop Wireless Home Entertainment Device
February 09 2012 4:15 PM
Google is developing a wireless streaming home entertainment system, which it will manufacture and sell under its own brand
- Rap Mogul Suge Knight Arrested on Marijuana Charge in Las Vegas
February 09 2012 3:51 PM
The former Death Row Records exec was arrested in Las Vegas after marijuana was found in his car during a traffic stop
- Rapper 50 Cent Arrives in Somalia [PHOTO]
February 09 2012 1:34 PM
The rap star arrived in Dolo, Somalia yesterday, to bring attention to the World Food Program's efforts in Somalia and Kenya
- Somalia: Al-Shabaab Islamist Group Joins al-Qaeda, Says Ayman al-Zawahiri [VIDEO]
February 09 2012 1:13 PM
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri was seen in a video posted to jihadi forums today welcoming the militant Somali group al-Shabaab into the international terrorist organization.
- Eastern Europe: Cold Spell Freezes the Danube and Black Sea, Hundreds Die of Hypothermia
February 09 2012 11:41 AM
Eastern Europe has been hit the hardest by the cold snap, with shipping suspended and hundreds dead across the continent