- Google's Massive Chromebook Sales Are Major Threat To Microsoft
July 21 2014 4:25 PM
Google's success with Chromebooks is threatening Microsoft's ever-loosening grip on the enterprise sector.
- Alibaba Slashing IPO Price To Avoid Facebook-Like Slump
July 21 2014 1:47 PM
Alibaba could cut $100 billion from the value of its initial public offering to avoid a dropoff in the days that follow.
- Facebook Takes Another Page From Twitter's Playbook
July 18 2014 3:19 PM
Plebes need not apply for Facebook's new iPhone app.
- An Army Of iPhone 6 Clones Is Shipping Soon
July 18 2014 10:49 AM
Two manufacturers are preparing to release iPhone 6 copies that mimic the look of Apple's latest.
- Google's Q2 Revenue Pops But Earnings Miss Expectations
July 17 2014 5:10 PM
Despite the second-quarter profit miss, Wall Street rewarded the big search engine with a share-price bump in late trading.
- Amazon's 'Netflix For Books’ Will Compete With Scribd, Oyster
July 17 2014 1:57 PM
Amazon is planning a "Netflix for books" service. Will it be free for Prime members?
- Samsung Losing Ground To Apple In Smartphone Wars
July 16 2014 4:46 PM
Samsung's global smartphone sales are down as it readies another high-end release for 2014.
- Google Hacker Team Recruits Famed iPhone, PlayStation Jailbreaker
July 16 2014 2:18 PM
Google's Project Zero will target the Web's unknown security holes.
- Alibaba News Pushes Yahoo Stock Up Despite Earnings Miss
July 15 2014 6:37 PM
Yahoo reported that revenue and net earnings were disappointing, but said it would return Alibaba IPO cash to investors.
- Thread: A New Network For Smart Homes
July 15 2014 4:55 PM
Thread allows "smart home" products to communicate and is backed by Silicon Valley's biggest tech titans.
- Dish Network Beats Broadcaster Injunction On The Hopper
July 15 2014 12:10 PM
A temporary injunction would've forced Dish Network to disable customers' Hopper DVRs.
- French Ban Free Shipping, Amazon Charges 1 Cent
July 14 2014 6:44 PM
Amazon may not be able to offer free shipping in France, so it's doing the next best thing.
- Apple iWatch Could Rival iPhone, iPad In Popularity: Analyst
July 14 2014 3:00 PM
Morgan Stanley says Apple's iWatch has something going for it that rivals don't and many analysts miss.
- Elon Musk Giving $1 Million For Nikola Tesla Museum
July 11 2014 4:18 PM
The creator of "The Oatmeal" webcomic announced that Elon Musk would donate $1 million for the museum.
- Yelp's EU Antitrust Complaint 'Doesn't Look Good For Google'
July 10 2014 4:14 PM
A new complaint could derail Google's EU antitrust deal, landing the search giant into court.
- Google Services Working Again In China
July 10 2014 12:10 PM
Access to Google has returned for Chinese users, but no one knows for how long.
- Verizon Charging More For Sub-Par Service, Petition Claims
July 10 2014 10:45 AM
Verizon customers stuck on its copper network are overpaying for sub-par service, a petition claims.
- Early Adopters Of Google-Powered Watches Cope With Glitches
July 08 2014 2:44 PM
Paid apps aren't working on the first Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Releases iOS 8 Beta 3: How To Download The Latest iPhone Software
July 07 2014 5:16 PM
Apple has released the third beta of iOS 8 to developers, but iPhone fans willing to pay can also grab it from the official website.
- Google CEO Larry Page Argued With Steve Jobs About 'Doing Too Much'
July 07 2014 12:34 PM
Google founder and CEO Larry Page said he'd often debated with Apple's Steve Jobs about "doing too much."