Articles by Thomas Halleck
- Chromecast Will Begin Android Mirroring, KitKat 4.4.1 Code Reveals
December 09 2013 12:30 PM
A few lines of code in Android 4.4.1 KitKat may have revealed new features in for the Google Chromecast.
- 23andMe Suspends Health Tests
December 06 2013 11:20 AM
DNA analysis firm 23andMe has suspended sales of its genetic health tests, pending FDA approval.
- One USB Plug To Rule Them All, Coming Sometime In 2014
December 05 2013 4:41 PM
The group in charge of the USB standard announced a new connector plug, Type-C, a reversible replacement for both micro and full-size versions of the cable.
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Google’s Robots
December 04 2013 9:39 PM
Google (GOOG) has announced its intention to build robots, in a moonshot project spearheaded by Android creator Andy Rubin.
- HTC One 2 Release Date Leaked By Judge
December 04 2013 11:15 AM
HTC will release a follow-up to its flagship HTC One phone sometime in early 2014, a U.K. patent judge revealed Tuesday.
- Sony PlayStation Network Outages
November 29 2013 2:29 PM
Why are users worldwide having issues logging into the PlayStation Network the same day the PS4 is launching in the U.K.?
- How To Fix The Xbox One TV Problem, Error Message 0x8027025a
November 26 2013 4:49 PM
Many Xbox One users who are passing through their cable/satellite TV signal through the built-in HDMI pass-through are getting the same error message.
- Nexus 5 And Touchless Control: 'Always Listening' Moto X Voice Gestures
November 26 2013 2:55 PM
A software engineer has figured out a major reason why the Nexus 5 lacks the Moto X's Touchless Control.
- Sony Resets PSN Passwords For PS4, PS3
November 26 2013 11:56 AM
Sony automatically reset the PlayStation Network passwords of several European gamers, reminding some of the firm's massive 2011 data breach.
- Motorola Moves Up Moto G US Release
November 26 2013 11:06 AM
Google's Motorola Mobility has moved up availability of the Moto G in the U.S., with orders open now for a December release date.
- Motorola Partners With 3D Systems For Modular Smartphones
November 25 2013 4:11 PM
3D Systems has announced a partnership with Motorola Mobility (GOOG) for Project Ara, a modular smartphone with easily-replaceable, modular hardware.
- Wikipedia Sockpuppet Account Morning277 Is Not Wiki-PR
November 22 2013 12:05 PM
Some media and Wikipedia investigations have wrongly linked a sockpuppet account called Morning277 to Texas PR firm Wiki-PR, which was recently issued a cease-and-desist by Wikipedia.
- Pianist Produces Instrument Based On Unbuilt Da Vinci Design [VIDEO]
November 21 2013 4:22 PM
Concert pianist Slawomir Zubrzycki built a strange, beautiful piano/violin hybrid he says is based on a design that Leonardo da Vinci never built.
- Chromecast: Top 5 Apps For Google's Dongle
November 21 2013 2:54 PM
Google can now add HBO Go support to the growing list of apps that support the Chromecast. Here are the top 5 apps for the dongle.
- Nexus 5 Battery Saving Tips: 5 Ways To Extend Your Battery Life
November 20 2013 3:21 PM
Five of the best ways to improve your battery life on the Nexus 5 from Google and LG.
- Nokia Approves Microsoft Takeover
November 19 2013 3:05 PM
Nokia (NOK) shareholders have reportedly voted in favor of a Microsoft (MSFT) acquisition, but questions remain about Nokia CEO Stephen Elop.
- Moto G Will Arrive In U.S. With Android 4.4 KitKat
November 18 2013 3:03 PM
Motorola says that the Moto G smartphone will release with Android 4.4 KitKat in the U.S. at an undisclosed date in 2014.
- Nokia Lumia 1520 Release Date Approaches On AT&T
November 16 2013 9:33 AM
Nokia will release the Lumia 1520 next week, as a device exclusively available to AT&T customers.
- Moto X Review: Top 11 Features Of Motorola's Flagship
November 16 2013 9:26 AM
The Moto X includes a slew of new features not found in most Android devices -- here are the top 11 of Motorola's best (and worst).
- ‘Xbox On’ Voice Command Turns On Xbox One In 13 Seconds
November 14 2013 11:47 AM
Microsoft's Larry Hryb showcased the "Xbox On" voice command for the upcoming Xbox One, revealing it takes 13 seconds to power on.