- No, Google Fiber Is Not Coming To NYC
April 17 2014 12:52 PM
Despite reports to the contrary, Google has no secret plans to bring Fiber to NYC.
- Google Profits Are Up, But Too Slowly For Wall Street
April 16 2014 7:02 PM
Google Inc. posted higher revenues and profits but failed to meet Wall Street expectations for Q1.
- Google's Focus On Mobile Brings Fatter Earnings
April 15 2014 6:43 PM
Wall Street analysts expect Google to increase revenue and earnings in the first quarter of 2014.
- Google Search Could Soon Favor Encrypted Websites
April 14 2014 5:39 PM
Google's PageRank algorithm, the secret recipe for ranking high in search results, could begin to favor sites that protect Web visitors.
- Google To Host, Live Stream Project Ara Developer’s Conference
April 14 2014 1:31 PM
Google this week will host a developer's conference for Project Ara, its interchangeable smartphone hardware concept.
- Listen To This - Google Chrome Bug Could Let Websites Spy On Your Conversations
April 10 2014 3:36 PM
The bug could give malicious websites access to Chrome-generated transcripts of conversations within earshot of a computer's microphone.
- Google To Sell Project Glass To Anyone For One Day
April 10 2014 3:35 PM
Google said it would open orders of its wearable computing headset, Glass, to anyone in the US for one day.
- Supercell Releases "Clan Wars" For "Clash of Clans"
April 09 2014 6:26 PM
Mobile game "Clash of Clans" has released a new game feature, "Clan Wars."
- Google Maps Won't Label Crimea As Russia's, And Moscow Isn't Pleased
April 09 2014 11:15 AM
Crimea remains part of Ukraine, according to the mapping site, which is the most frequently used smartphone app in the world.
- How Some Countries Are Planning Future Of The Internet
April 08 2014 11:22 AM
In conjunction with Wikileaks, 23 nations will discuss human rights and the internet in São Paulo later this month.
- Motorola Bringing A Plus One To Moto X Party
April 07 2014 11:46 AM
Motorola said it would release a followup to the Moto X this summer, and reports say the phone will be called the Moto X+1.
- Nest Labs Halts Smoke Detector Sales Over 'Safety Concerns'
April 04 2014 1:09 PM
One of the product's features could cause customers to unintentionally turn off the smoke detector.
- Google Has Plans To Become A Wireless Carrier
April 03 2014 2:53 PM
Google is reportedly in talks to offer wireless phone service in cities where it operates Google Fiber.
- BlackBerry Breaks Up With T-Mobile
April 02 2014 6:02 PM
BlackBerry will not renew a contract to allow T-Mobile to sell its devices that ends later in April.
- Amazon Jumps Into The Set-Top Box Fray
April 02 2014 11:42 AM
Amazon announced Fire TV, a hands-free alternative to Apple TV and the Google Chromecast.
- Beamers First To Get Super-Brights
April 01 2014 8:06 PM
BMW will be the first car manufacturer to offer laser headlight technology, which it says is 30 percent brighter than LED bulbs.
- Google Wants You To Pay Bills With Google Now
March 31 2014 3:38 PM
Google is reportedly working on a bill reminder and payment feature for its digital personal assistant and Siri-competitor, Google Now.
- Facebook's Connectivity Lab: Drones, Lasers Will Bring Rest Of World Online
March 28 2014 2:41 PM
Facebook's Connectivity Lab is developing technology to connect the two-thirds of the world without Internet access.
- BlackBerry: Keyboards Are The Key
March 28 2014 11:56 AM
Focus will be on the keyboard form-factor after the failed launch of the touchscreen Z10.
- Amazon Mulling Free Prime Instant Video Offer
March 27 2014 6:01 PM
Amazon is considering a free-of-charge, ad-supported version of its Prime Instant Video service.