Articles by Thomas Halleck
- Motorola Moto G Will Cost Under $200
November 13 2013 3:41 PM
Motorola will release the low-price Moto G as a successor to the well-reviewed, lackluster-selling Moto X.
- Microsoft Ends 'Stack Ranking' Employee Eval
November 13 2013 1:26 PM
However, Yahoo has begun utilizing a controversial method of employee review known as stack ranking, just as Microsoft is leaving it behind.
- Windows Phone Shipments Leap In Third Quarter
November 12 2013 7:16 PM
Meanwhile, phablet sales made up one out of every five smartphone shipped.
- Moto X Review: Motorola Kills With Google ‘iPhone Killer’
November 11 2013 7:25 PM
Is the anticipation surrounding the release of Motorola's Moto X, the first true "Google phone," worth it?
- Nexus 5 Review: Initial Hands-On With Google's Flagship
November 09 2013 10:39 AM
How does the latest team effort from Google and LG rate?
- Marvel Comics Characters Launching As Netflix Exclusives
November 09 2013 10:31 AM
Disney will produce four Netflix exclusives, featuring Marvel Comics superheroes such as Daredevil, to culminate in a "Defenders" miniseries.
- How Much Would You Pay For A Glowing Wikipedia Entry?
November 08 2013 9:55 PM
Companies are hiring editors to work on their Wikipedia entries. How will this damage the site's credibility?
- Google (GOOG) Paying Android Users For Survey Answers
November 07 2013 11:35 AM
Google (GOOG) will offer users of its Android operating system free credit for survey responses with Opinion Rewards.
- SwiftKey 4.3 Released, Free Update Includes New Layouts
November 06 2013 7:13 PM
SwiftKey, the alternative Android keyboard and most popular paid app on Google Play, includes new layouts in version 4.3.
- Tesla (TSLA) Model S Touchscreen Controls In-Depth
November 06 2013 4:16 PM
Tesla says the digital dash and 17-inch touchscreen found in the Model S are based on Linux, and completely upgradable, and may someday include third-party apps and run Google's Android OS.
- Sony Exec Clarifies PS4 Features Via Twitter
November 05 2013 7:11 PM
Sony executive Shuhei Yoshida is reaching out to gamers on Twitter to explain the features and policies behind the upcoming PlayStation 4.
- Google Doodle Celebrates 'Father Of Industrial Design'
November 05 2013 3:17 AM
Raymond Loewy was born on Nov. 5, 1893 in Paris, France and designed early refrigerators, vending machines, cigarette packs and space stations.
- 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' Update Program Explained
November 04 2013 10:50 PM
Gamers will be able to upgrade "Call of Duty: Ghosts" from Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to next-gen consoles, here's how.
- How LG's Nexus 5 Compares Versus Android Flagships
November 04 2013 8:12 PM
Google and partner LG announced the Nexus 5, an Android flagship priced lower than the competition while offering similar specs and features. But how does it match up?
- Microsoft Explains Xbox One Kinect Data Collection
November 04 2013 2:27 PM
The Xbox One will delete most private user data, but Microsoft says users should expect little privacy during live gameplay and chats.
- BlackBerry BBM For Android 'Fake' Review Mystery Solved?
October 26 2013 12:37 PM
BlackBerry releases a statement saying it 'does not condone' new trend.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA) Snags Apple (AAPL) Design Exec
October 24 2013 4:00 PM
Tesla Motors (TSLA) announced today the hire of Doug Field, previously VP of design under Jony Ive for Apple since 2007.
- Microsoft Offers Early Xbox One Gameplay On Tour
October 24 2013 12:59 PM
Microsoft (MSFT) is taking the Xbox One on tour, giving gamers early access prior to the console's release date.
- Moto X Follow-Up Leaks In Motorola Filing
October 23 2013 4:05 PM
What is the Moto G? Motorola has filed for a patent on the Google-centric model name, leading to speculation about a follow-up to the Moto X.
- Amazon Responds To Kindle Fire HDX Blue Screen Complaints
October 23 2013 10:37 AM
Amazon (AMZN) has responded to customer complaints suggesting a blue or purple haze around the Kindle Fire HDX 7-inch's screen.