Articles by Thomas Halleck
- Amazon Developing Faster Kindle Fire HD Tablets
August 17 2013 3:00 PM
A series of online benchmark tests show Amazon's next wave of Kindle Fire HD tablets will blaze past the Nexus 7 this winter.
- As Google (GOOG) Blocks Windows Phone From YouTube, Microsoft (MSFT) Questions Company’s ‘Openness’
August 15 2013 6:32 PM
Google has blocked Windows Phone users from accessing YouTube because, it says, Microsoft’s app violates its terms of service.
- Verizon LG G2 Features Wireless Charging, No Release Date
August 15 2013 4:24 PM
The LG G2 will feature wireless charging, exclusively for customers of Verizon Wireless. No release date is set for the LG G2 on any network.
- Are New Samsung Chromebooks On Their Way?
August 15 2013 12:17 PM
Amazon briefly cut the price on the Samsung Chromebook (XE303C12). Does the act herald a new laptop running the Chrome OS from Samsung?
- Update: The New York Times Website Goes Down, Outage Reported As Possible 'Cyber Attack'
August 14 2013 12:13 PM
The New York Times website went down this morning, and as of this writing is still not back online. Users who entered the web address reported an error page that listed the site as unreachable.
- Moto X Coming To Verizon This Month?
August 14 2013 12:09 PM
The Moto X will see a release date on Verizon on Aug. 29, according to an image from Best Buy's retail system.
- Elon Musk’s Hyperloop Explained In Pictures
August 13 2013 3:36 PM
Elon Musk has proposed a new system of travel called the Hyperloop, but how does it work? International Business Times explains the Hyperloop in depth, with pictures.
- Tesla CEO Musk Unveils Superfast Hyperloop Design
August 12 2013 4:58 PM
Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk unveiled his design for the Hyperloop, a form of transportation capable of subsonic speeds.
- Tesla CEO Tweets Hyperloop Unveil Time
August 12 2013 1:27 PM
Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk will publish Hyperloop plans in the next few hours.
- BlackBerry Z30 Emerges In Hands-On Video
August 12 2013 1:00 PM
BlackBerry (BBRY) has a Z10 follow-up in the works, the BlackBerry Z30. A video purports to show the Z30 hands-on, codenamed Aristo and originally thought to be the BlackBerry A10. A release date is expected by winter of 2013.
- Elon Musk Expected To Reveal Hyperloop Design On Monday
August 11 2013 8:46 AM
Tesla plans to reveal its design for the Hyperloop -– a technology that could transport passengers from NYC to LA in 45 minutes.
- Why Snowden’s Encrypted Email Service Shut Down
August 10 2013 1:47 PM
Lavabit, an email service used by Edward Snowden, has suspended operations rather than "be complicit in crimes against the people."
- LG G2: The 3 Worst And Best Features
August 10 2013 9:54 AM
The three worst (and best) features of the LG G2.
- Download Moto X Features Ahead Of Phone's Release
August 08 2013 7:07 PM
The Moto X does not yet have an official release date, but interested Android users can already download a few apps to imitate the device.
- Bill Gates Bashes Google's Project Loon
August 08 2013 2:36 PM
Bill Gates thinks Project Loon -- Google's plan to use internet balloons to increase internet access -- will do little to help the poor.
- Hands-On With The LG G2
August 07 2013 4:45 PM
The International Business Times goes hands-on with the LG G2 in NYC, and gets the full specs and features of the phone, which still lacks a release date.
- LG G2 Event Live Stream
August 07 2013 9:15 AM
LG is expected to unveil the G2 in New York City, with a live stream of the event available here.
- BlackBerry Partners With Samsung For Messaging App
August 06 2013 6:00 PM
BlackBerry Messenger will see support on Samsung Galaxy devices. The BBM for Android client will see a release date before fall.
- Moto X: Only Available In North America
August 06 2013 2:34 PM
While some in the U.S. balked at the specs or price of the Moto X, some international consumers are upset that the new phone from Motorola will not have a global release date.
- New BlackBerry Smartphones On Their Way
August 05 2013 9:36 PM
BlackBerry is workinng on a touchscreen follow-up to the Z10, rumored to be a phablet called the Z30 or A10 Aristo.