Articles by Thomas Halleck
- The Top 5 Apps You Can't Use On Amazon's Kindle Fire HDX
October 07 2013 7:45 PM
Amazon will release the Kindle Fire HDX models the week of Oct. 21, but what popular Android and iOS apps will owners miss out on?
- BlackBerry Continues To Delay BBM For Android, iPhone
October 07 2013 2:07 PM
BlackBerry blames an unofficial version of BBM for Android making its way around filesharing sites for delays in offering BlackBerry Messenger on Google Play and Apple's App Store.
- ABC, CBS Follow NBC In Offering Android Apps For Free TV
October 04 2013 5:55 PM
CBS and ABC have released Android apps for free streaming of recent TV shows, closely following on the heels of a similar offering by NBC/Universal.
- Snapchat Takes On Vine, Facebook With 24-Hour Stories
October 04 2013 12:14 PM
Snapchat, the picture and short video messaging service known for its 10-second limit, is rolling out 24-hour status updates for iPhone and Android called Stories.
- Will Next Year's Android Devices Have Fingerprint Sensors?
October 03 2013 5:49 PM
The president of the FIDO Alliance says that partners like Google, LG and BlackBerry will ensure that next year's crop of Android smartphones will have a fingerprint sensor like Touch ID in the iPhone 5S.
- Sizing Up Target's Prepaid Mobile Service
October 03 2013 12:01 PM
Target is launching Brightspot prepaid mobile Sunday. Plans start at $35. Here's what they'll offer.
- FreedomPop Offers Free Cell Service With Phone Purchase
October 02 2013 3:31 PM
FreedomPop is offering Americans cell phone service for free with the purchase of a
- Google Chromecast Adds Hulu Plus, No Timetable For Pandora
October 02 2013 2:21 PM
The Hulu Plus app for Android devices and iPad has been updated to support Google's Chromecast streaming device, but support for the iPhone is still missing.
- GoPro Launches New Hero3+ Action Cameras
October 01 2013 6:24 PM
GoPro's newest line of "Hero" action cameras, the high definition HERO3+ Silver and Black Edition, have gotten even smaller than previous incarnations.
- LG G2 Review: Strong Performance Hindered By Poor UX, Awkward Buttons
October 01 2013 2:29 PM
The LG G2 has its flaws, but the gorgeous 1080p display and nimble performance make it an ideal prototype for the rumored Nexus 5.
- Microsoft Kills MSN TV, But Alternatives Exist For Seniors
September 30 2013 7:16 PM
Microsoft once targeted the senior citizens with MSN TV (formerly Web TV), and as the service dies those looking for alternative ways to keep family members online will face a few issues.
- BlackBerry Cancelled Carrier-Backed Plan For Android, iPhone BBM App In 2011: Report
September 30 2013 1:35 PM
Nine days after the botched release of BBM, BlackBerry said it's “still 100% committed” to re-launching the cross-platform service on Android and iPhone.
- HTC One Review: Great Phone, Sound, With Flaws
September 28 2013 1:40 PM
The HTC One is one of the best Android smartphones on the market, even after the release of the LG G2 and Moto X. BoomSound and Beats Audio make the One a beast for music, but HTC's Sense UX is a downer.
- H33t Down Again As H33t.eu Domain Seized
September 28 2013 1:38 PM
Torrent tracking website h33t (h33t.com) went down earlier this month due to a German copyright claim from Universal Media Group, and the replacement URL h33t.eu is now down as well.
- The Top 5 Cross-Platform Messaging Alternatives To BBM
September 26 2013 3:23 PM
International Business Times offers the top 5 cross-platform messaging app alternatives to text (SMS) messaging, available for mobile and desktop devices, in light of BlackBerry's failure to introduce BlackBerry Messenger as promised.
- Nexus 7 Vs. Kindle Fire HDX: Which Tablet Should You Buy?
September 25 2013 7:27 PM
Amazon announced details of the Kindle Fire HDX, and while pricing and form factor mimic the Nexus 7, the tablets have a few stark contrasts.
- 5 Things You Should Know About Google's Project Calico
September 19 2013 6:31 AM
Google CEO Larry Page has announced the company's latest venture -- Calico, a healthcare company run by Apple's chairman.
- BBM For Android, iPhone Gets Release Date, Lacks Features
September 19 2013 2:49 AM
BlackBerry has an official release date for BBM on Android and iPhone, but the app will be missing many features found on its devices.
- BlackBerry To Cut Workforce By Nearly 40%
September 18 2013 3:37 PM
BlackBerry will cut up to 40 percent of its workforce by the year's end, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.
- T-Mobile Responds To Advocacy Group's False Advertising Claims
September 18 2013 3:15 PM
T-Mobile has been accused of false advertising by a consumer advocacy group, but the company says it will not change its ads.