Articles by Thomas Halleck
- BlackBerry Reignites BBM For Android, iPhone Release Rumors
September 15 2013 7:20 PM
BlackBerry is expected to release BlackBerry Messenger, or BBM, for the competing mobile operating systems Android and iOS in the next few days, and the company has sent out invitations for a Sept. 18 event. Could it be for a new handset or has the BBM for Android and iPhone release date arrived at last?
- Sony PS4 Reportedly '50%' Faster Than Xbox One
September 15 2013 3:50 PM
According to one report, the Sony PS4 will be more powerful and faster than the Xbox One, but some are warning that skepticism is the best policy until the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One see their release dates.
- JARVIS App Interacts With User Voices
September 13 2013 1:46 PM
The artificial intelligence from the "Iron Man" films can now be downloaded as a Siri-like app for iPhone, setting alarms and posting to Facebook via voice.
- LG G2 Release Date Approaches For T-Mobile, Sprint
September 13 2013 1:04 PM
The LG G2 awaits a release date on Sprint and T-Mobile, but customers on those carriers who purchase the device will receive a free QuickWindow case.
- Chromebooks Featuring Haswell Chips Coming Soon
September 12 2013 7:08 PM
Chromebooks featuring energy-efficient processors from Intel are on the way from HP, Asus and Toshiba.
- Microsoft's 'Cortana' Will Unify Windows Phone, Xbox One, Computers
September 12 2013 1:35 PM
Cortana, a holographic artificial intelligence from Microsoft's Halo series, is also the codename for a virtual assistant that will bridge Windows Phone 8.1 devices, the Xbox One, and Windows computers.
- iPhone 5C vs. Moto X: Which Will Be The Better Phone?
September 11 2013 4:11 PM
Here's your guide to the specifications for each new phone.
- Microsoft Will Release Windows 8.1 Early To Developers
September 10 2013 4:19 PM
Microsoft (MSFT) will release the beta update to developers earlier than to the general public.
- Moto X Release Date Arrives Across Most Carriers
September 10 2013 2:35 PM
The Moto X is available from Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and AT&T.
- Apple iPhone 5C Features Familiar Components, 5 Colors
September 10 2013 1:35 PM
Apple announced the iPhone 5C on Tuesday, which features five new colors but specs internal hardware originally developed and released to the iPhone 5
- BBM For iPhone, Android Release Date Approaches
September 09 2013 7:15 PM
BlackBerry said it submitted an iPhone version of BBM, or BlackBerry Messenger, to Apple for review in late August, previously stating that a BBM client would be released sometime this summer for iPhone and Android devices.
- Sony DSC-QX10 And DSC-QX100: Initial Hands On Review
September 09 2013 2:45 PM
Sony will offer the DSC-QX10 and DSC-QX100 in an attempt to improve the mobile photography experience without forcing a gigantic lens into a smartphone.
- Sony Xperia Z1 Global Release Date Approaches
September 07 2013 1:08 PM
The Sony Xperia Z1 will see a "global rollout," with a release date this September across the U.S. and Europe. The Sony Xperia Z1 specs a 20.7-megapixel (MP) camera, a 2.2GHz quad-core processor and a waterproof and dust-resistant design.
- H33T.com Torrent Site Down, New Domain Announced
September 07 2013 8:59 AM
Torrent tracking site H33T went down on Friday, due to a court order against its Web host.
- Is Google Mistress Amanda Rosenberg Planning A Wedding?
September 06 2013 2:55 PM
Amanda Rosenberg, the Google employee dating company co-founder Sergey Brin, used a site similar to Pinterest to plan a wedding.
- The Top 5 Gadgets From Sony's NYC Event
September 05 2013 3:29 PM
Sony unveiled several new products at an event in New York CIty, including a $4,000 65-inch curved LED and a new line of convertible Vaio laptops.
- Sony Xperia Z1 Unveiled: Waterproof Smartphone Has 21-MegaPixel Camera
September 04 2013 10:02 AM
Sony aired their IFA 2013 press event earlier than they originally intended, unveiling the Xperia Z1 smartphone and accessories.
- Watch The Sony IFA Event Live Stream Here
September 04 2013 9:46 AM
Sony will announce the Xperia Z1, its flagship smartphone that will likely have a waterproof body and a 20.7-megapixel camera sensor, today at 10 a.m. EDT in Berlin, Germany.
- BlackBerry BBM For Android, iPhone Release Date Approaches As Video Leaks Beta Version
September 03 2013 3:51 PM
A BBM for Android beta tester released a YouTube video showing off the latest beta version of the BlackBerry cross-platform messaging client for Android.
- Motorola Moto X Will Get Price Drop, Wood Backs In Winter
September 01 2013 3:04 PM
The Moto X is available for Verizon and AT&T customers, but T-Mobile and Sprint subscribers are awaiting a release date. Motorola will drop the price of the Google phone by $100, and offer wood backplates sometime during the holiday season.