- Beware The Dangers Of Free Wi-Fi
May 16 2014 5:20 PM
Virtual private networks are the most reliable way to protect your devices from hackers, but most are tough to use.
- Experts Say Russia’s GPS Shutdown Would Hurt Russians, Science
May 16 2014 12:40 AM
Russia is threatening to shut down GPS stations within its borders, but experts say the move will have little effect on the U.S. military.
- The Floor's Officially Open On Net Neutrality
May 15 2014 1:15 PM
Now's the time to speak up if you don't think ISPs should be able to charge big companies for faster Internet access.
- Google Maps Public Transit, Traffic For New Cities
May 15 2014 11:20 AM
Google has added support for Maps public transit directions in new cities throughout the U.K. and Brazil.
- Are We Headed Back To A World Before Search Engines?
May 13 2014 3:43 PM
The EU's ruling that Google must respond to requests to remove "irrelevant" information could close doors that the Internet opened for everyone.
- Get A Drone's-Eye View: Camera Lets VR Users 'Fly'
May 12 2014 5:44 PM
French manufacturer Parrot plans to release a consumer-grade drone that packs a wireless camera, allowing VR headset wearers a birds-eye view.
- Beat-Killers: The 3 Headphones That Are Better Than Beats By Dre
May 09 2014 4:03 PM
Beats by Dre is a billion-dollar company--according to Apple. Here are alternatives to their bass-heavy, "premium" headphones.
- Net Neutrality Is The 'Free Speech Issue Of Our Time': US Senator
May 07 2014 4:15 PM
Al Franken says the FCC's proposed Internet rules are a dire threat to Net neutrality.
- Why Is Netflix So Slow? One Possible Answer
May 06 2014 8:06 PM
A middleman service asserts that ISPs are using their market share to make it hard for content providers to reach customers.
- Cyber Sanctions: US Tech Firms Ending Support For Russian Banks
May 06 2014 3:40 PM
Additional U.S./EU sanctions against Russia could weaken the nation's cybersecurity and leave it defenseless against the next Heartbleed.
- Google And Intel Hold Chrome OS Event: Live Stream
May 06 2014 1:09 PM
Google and Intel are co-hosting a Chrome OS event Tuesday afternoon.
- How #AmazonCart Works On Twitter
May 05 2014 4:53 PM
Twitter users can add tweeted products to their Amazon.com shopping baskets -- if they're willing to jump through a few hoops.
- Battle Over Virtual Headsets Becoming Very Real
May 05 2014 4:23 PM
Oculus is disputing ZeniMax's claims that the Rift VR headset was developed with stolen intellectual property.
- Can T-Mobile Survive Without A Merger?
May 03 2014 11:12 AM
The telecom's revenue is up but still lagging AT&T and Verizon.
- Get Your Free Wi-Fi On NYC Sidewalks
May 01 2014 6:18 PM
New York plans to turn old payphones into giant touchscreen portals in what would be the largest municipal Wi-Fi system in the world.
- I Want My Pokemon Challenge Prize
May 01 2014 12:40 PM
Google is notifying some participants of its Maps Pokemon Challenge that a prize is on the way, but others may be outta luck.
- Motorola Likely Shipping Moto 360 Watch Alongside Moto X+1
April 30 2014 7:07 PM
Motorola has not announced a ship date for the Moto 360 watch, but likely will release it alongside the Moto X+1 in August.
- Windows XP 'Dire Threat To Internet Security': Expert
April 29 2014 4:57 PM
With 488M XP users vulnerable to the IE bug and more cyberattacks, the pressure's on Microsoft to continue support or make it open-source.
- Google May Replace Nexus Program With ‘Android Silver’
April 29 2014 4:26 PM
Google will reportedly scrap further development of its Nexus devices in favor of the new Android Silver program.
- With Durov Out, ‘VKontakte’ Users React To Kremlin Control
April 24 2014 5:51 PM
Russian users of VKontakte, the "Russian Facebook," react to the removal of the social network's privacy-minded creator and CEO.