- Google Releases Android 4.4.3 On Nexus 5, Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 To Follow
June 03 2014 2:43 PM
Google has begun rolling out the release of Android 4.4.3, an update to KitKat that fixes a number of bugs, on Nexus devices.
- Apple Targets Google's Most Profitable Business: Search
June 03 2014 2:16 PM
New OS features announced at WWDC aim to keep Apple users within the company's ecosystem.
- Apple Releases iOS 8 Beta 1: How To Download The Latest iPhone Software
June 02 2014 5:06 PM
Apple says iOS 8 is coming to the iPhone and iPad this fall, but for $99, anyone can download the beta from the developer website.
- HTC Cancels One M8 Prime, Plans To Release 'One M8 Plus'
May 30 2014 10:20 PM
Conflicting reports say HTC has either cancelled its next smartphone release, or turned it into two new models.
- Motorola: Moto 360 Watch Price 'Substantially’ Higher Than $250
May 24 2014 11:54 AM
Fitting the necessary hardware into a round design was a "scary" feat for company engineers.
- Researchers Build Autonomous Drone With Google's Project Tango
May 23 2014 5:25 PM
UPenn researchers combined Tango with an off-the-shelf drone to produce a flier capable of steadying itself even when knocked around.
- Google Starts 'Small' With Wireless Internet
May 23 2014 10:11 AM
How will Google's plan to lease Wi-Fi hardware to small businesses affect consumers and advertisers beyond free Internet access?
- Release Date Rumors Fly For Motorola's Moto 360 Watch
May 20 2014 7:05 PM
Motorola will reportedly launch the Moto 360 in July with a "premium" price.
- Smartphone Cameras Offer Key To Securing Data
May 20 2014 2:43 PM
Researchers have found a foolproof way to encrypt data online, using a smartphone's camera.
- LG To Release First Phone For Android Silver Program
May 19 2014 11:30 AM
Google will re-brand the Nexus 6 as the first Android Silver device, releasing the handset on Sprint in the U.S. in February.
- Beware The Dangers Of Free Wi-Fi
May 16 2014 5:20 PM
Virtual private networks are the most reliable way to protect your devices from hackers, but most are tough to use.
- Experts Say Russia’s GPS Shutdown Would Hurt Russians, Science
May 16 2014 12:40 AM
Russia is threatening to shut down GPS stations within its borders, but experts say the move will have little effect on the U.S. military.
- The Floor's Officially Open On Net Neutrality
May 15 2014 1:15 PM
Now's the time to speak up if you don't think ISPs should be able to charge big companies for faster Internet access.
- Google Maps Public Transit, Traffic For New Cities
May 15 2014 11:20 AM
Google has added support for Maps public transit directions in new cities throughout the U.K. and Brazil.
- Are We Headed Back To A World Before Search Engines?
May 13 2014 3:43 PM
The EU's ruling that Google must respond to requests to remove "irrelevant" information could close doors that the Internet opened for everyone.
- Get A Drone's-Eye View: Camera Lets VR Users 'Fly'
May 12 2014 5:44 PM
French manufacturer Parrot plans to release a consumer-grade drone that packs a wireless camera, allowing VR headset wearers a birds-eye view.
- Beat-Killers: The 3 Headphones That Are Better Than Beats By Dre
May 09 2014 4:03 PM
Beats by Dre is a billion-dollar company--according to Apple. Here are alternatives to their bass-heavy, "premium" headphones.
- Net Neutrality Is The 'Free Speech Issue Of Our Time': US Senator
May 07 2014 4:15 PM
Al Franken says the FCC's proposed Internet rules are a dire threat to Net neutrality.
- Why Is Netflix So Slow? One Possible Answer
May 06 2014 8:06 PM
A middleman service asserts that ISPs are using their market share to make it hard for content providers to reach customers.
- Cyber Sanctions: US Tech Firms Ending Support For Russian Banks
May 06 2014 3:40 PM
Additional U.S./EU sanctions against Russia could weaken the nation's cybersecurity and leave it defenseless against the next Heartbleed.