Articles by Thomas Halleck
- Will Xbox One Support Windows Apps?
October 22 2013 3:33 PM
Reports say Xbox One will run Windows 8 and 8.1 apps, via a description on Dell's product page. Microsoft tries to clear up the confusion.
- Netflix Surpasses HBO In Domestic Subcribers
October 21 2013 5:24 PM
Netflix also surpasses Wall Street's 3Q earnings expectations.
- BlackBerry Offers Limited BBM For Android, iPhone Release
October 21 2013 2:55 PM
BlackBerry says there is a waiting list for BBM downloads.
- Twitter Eyes Messaging As BBM Delays Continue
October 19 2013 1:06 PM
As it prepares to go public, Twitter considers competing with BBM, WhatsApp and Viber.
- How Did Google Do This Quarter?
October 17 2013 4:38 PM
Google beat Wall Street's estimates with increased revenues from new market segments and hardware.
- HTC One Max Reviews: 'Frustrating,' 'Strange' Device
October 17 2013 12:48 PM
The HTC One max is being reviewed by gadget blogs, and it looks like the phablet is far from the media darling its predecessor was.
- Google Q3 Earnings Preview: Double-Digit Growth
October 16 2013 2:37 PM
International growth, mobile expansion, Google websites and improving margins should offset a PC ad sales revenue dip.
- Google Glass 2.0 Coming In 2014, Says X Labs Exec
October 15 2013 2:36 PM
Google Glass is not yet available for purchase, but the company may skip it altogether and produce a new design as soon as 2014.
- Google Users Protest ‘Shared Endorsements’
October 14 2013 2:52 PM
The protest concern a Google Plus terms/conditions change where profile pictures and comments will be used in ads, called "shared endorsements."
- BBM For Android, iPhone Team ‘Working Around The Clock,’ BlackBerry Says
October 12 2013 5:20 PM
It has been more than three weeks since BlackBerry’s failed BBM for Android and iPhone launch. A company representative says the app’s developers continue to strive for a new launch date, but would not offer a timeline for the instant messaging app's release.
- How To Keep Your Name And Profile Out Of Google's New Ads
October 12 2013 2:00 PM
Google (GOOG) announced Friday updated terms of service to include a new ad policy, where a user's reviews and follows would be used in advertisements across the company's ad network.
- Chromecast Tops Amazon Best Sellers, International Loophole Closed
October 10 2013 6:02 PM
The Google device is at the top in the electronics category, beating out Amazon's own Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Fire HD.
- HTC One Max Unveiled In Chinese Filing
October 10 2013 2:59 PM
The HTC One Max was unveiled by a Chinese organization, and the phablet will reportedly contain a 1.7GHz quad-core processor.
- HTC One Max Event Coming Tuesday?
October 09 2013 5:07 PM
An Oct. 15 event where HTC will unveil the new phablet, called the One Max, has been confirmed by reports.
- Sony To Sell Virtual Large-Screen Personal 3D Viewer
October 08 2013 1:24 PM
This holiday season, Sony will sell the HMZ-T3W, a personal 3D viewer that utilizes dual OLED screens to create the illusion of a 65-foot screen, at a price of $999.
- 18-Karat Gold HTC One Valued At $4,400
October 08 2013 11:29 AM
HTC has developed a very limited run of an 18-karat, gold-plated HTC One for the MOBO Awards.
- The Top 5 Apps You Can't Use On Amazon's Kindle Fire HDX
October 07 2013 7:45 PM
Amazon will release the Kindle Fire HDX models the week of Oct. 21, but what popular Android and iOS apps will owners miss out on?
- BlackBerry Continues To Delay BBM For Android, iPhone
October 07 2013 2:07 PM
BlackBerry blames an unofficial version of BBM for Android making its way around filesharing sites for delays in offering BlackBerry Messenger on Google Play and Apple's App Store.
- ABC, CBS Follow NBC In Offering Android Apps For Free TV
October 04 2013 5:55 PM
CBS and ABC have released Android apps for free streaming of recent TV shows, closely following on the heels of a similar offering by NBC/Universal.
- Snapchat Takes On Vine, Facebook With 24-Hour Stories
October 04 2013 12:14 PM
Snapchat, the picture and short video messaging service known for its 10-second limit, is rolling out 24-hour status updates for iPhone and Android called Stories.