- Israel’s Other Settlement Fight: Negev Desert Bedouins Face Forced Relocation
August 02 2013 11:09 PM
Israel is considering a bill that would require the settlement of land claims by Bedouins in the Negev Desert, even if it forces them to move.
- Selling Secrecy: Israel Turning World’s Cyber Problems Into Economic Opportunities
July 19 2013 9:14 PM
With its experience with cyberattacks, Israel looks to develop its own defensive capacity commercially.
- Middle East Eyes Nuclear Power As West Reconsiders
June 21 2013 9:22 PM
As the West re-evaluates nuclear power following the Fukushima disaster, Middle Eastern countries look to build more plants.
- Israel's Medical Startups Can Regrow Bones, But Can They Grow Money?
May 11 2013 10:50 AM
Israel is one of the world's most attractive places for life-sciences startups, but lately the biomedical revolution there has hit a snag.
- Palestinians In Israeli Jails: Terrorists Or Political Prisoners?
April 27 2013 11:54 AM
Israel calls them terrorists; Palestinians call them freedom fighters. They are the thousands of security detainees in Israeli prisons.
- How To Invest In Israel’s Startup Boom Without A Lot Of Shekels
March 22 2013 9:43 PM
Israel's inventive startups need money for their bright ideas. A crowdfunding company has a new model for backing these companies.
- $10B Water Project May Bring Peace Or Plague To Middle East
March 08 2013 7:33 PM
It costs $10 billion. It may bring peace, or environmental disaster. It involves the thorniest issue in the Middle East: water.
- What Impending Doom? Israel 'Safer Than Before'
February 15 2013 7:35 PM
Never mind the Arab Spring and Iran: Israel is safer than in recent years. Here are the top security threats that the country faces right now.
- Israel's Election Surprise: Behind Netanyahu's Flop, Social Issues
January 23 2013 12:43 PM
The center-left's success in Tuesday's vote forces Prime Minister Netanyahu to look at social issues he'd been ignoring.
- Why PM Benjamin Netanyahu Will Win Israel's Election
January 15 2013 12:32 PM
In the January 22 election, Israel’s prime minister Netanyahu has a weak hand to play, but his opponents are even weaker.
- Two States Or Not For Israelis And Palestinians?
November 27 2012 9:50 AM
The Oslo peace agreements say there should be two states, and things will get trickier once the UN votes on Palestine's de facto statehood.