- Valve Steam Box Could Be Ready In 'Three To Four Months,' Says Gabe Newell
March 06 2013 1:43 PM
Valve is preparing to send early prototypes of its new Steam Box hardware to users in three to four months, according to comments from the company's co-founder Gabe Newell given to the BBC.
- PS Vita Sales Quadruple In Japan, Following Price Cut
March 05 2013 4:04 PM
Sales of Sony's PS Vita console have increased four-fold in Japan following a drop in its starting price in late February.
- Woman Kicked Out Of Gym For Using Cellphone
March 05 2013 1:07 PM
Planet Fitness says former member Tina Santoro Asmar was being "extremely unprofessional and rude and dismissive."
- Is This Really 'The World's Smartest And Lightest Phone'?
March 05 2013 11:05 AM
Japanese carrier Willcom has introduced what it is calling the world's "smallest and lightest phone."
- NPD: Only 29% Of ‘Core Gamers’ Plan To Buy A Next Generation Console
March 04 2013 6:32 PM
A market survey suggests game console developers will have an even harder time selling their next-generation hardware than originally thought.
- Verizon Catches Baltimore Church Deacon With Child Pornography
March 04 2013 1:39 PM
Baltimore Catholic Church deacon William Steven Albaugh was arrested after Verizon discovered child pornography on his personal online storage locker last week.
- 'Tomb Raider' Review Roundup
March 04 2013 10:30 AM
A highly anticipated reboot of one of the most storied video game franchises in history is finally here. But is 2013's "Tomb Raider" worthy of Lara Croft's legacy?
- OUYA Console Set To Ship To Kickstarter Backers March 28
March 01 2013 10:58 AM
The OUYA game console will start shipping to Kickstarter backers on March 28, OUYA CEO and co-founder Julie Uhrman announced this week.
- Apple Censors "Barely Legal Teen" From iCloud Message
February 28 2013 4:56 PM
Apple is blocking messages with the phrase "barely legal teen" sent through its iCloud email service, suggesting the company is taking another aggressive approach to resolve its "porn problem."
- Andrew Mason Dropped As CEO Of Groupon
February 28 2013 4:50 PM
Andrew Mason has been removed from his position as CEO of Groupon.
- Sony Sells Its Tokyo Office Building For $1.2 Billion
February 28 2013 3:28 PM
Sony has sold its Tokyo-based Sony City Osaki building in an effort to cut costs and reconfigure its assets.
- All The News That Fits With Latte: Will Starbucks Deal Help NYT?
February 27 2013 5:09 PM
The New York Times has struck a new deal with Starbucks to offer coffee drinkers limited access to the paper's stories.
- Samsung Unveils New Mobile Wallet App For Android
February 27 2013 11:15 AM
Samsung is launching a new mobile wallet application for its Android smartphone and sticking closer to Apple's playbook.
- Google Developing Audio Indicators For Noisy Browser Tabs
February 26 2013 9:37 PM
Google may be adding a new feature to its Chrome web browser to help users identify deal with the problem of so-called "noisy tabs."
- Apple Offers Compensation For Kids' Excessive In-App Purchases
February 26 2013 9:33 PM
Apple has proposed a settlement to a 2011 case alleging that it inform its customers of the financial risks involved in unregulated in-app purchases.
- Amazon Nabs Exclusive Deal For FX’s ‘Justified’ On Prime Instant Video
February 26 2013 10:37 AM
Amazon has signed a new deal with FX, gaining exclusive rights to host its show "Justified" on the Prime Instant Video service.
- Zynga To Close And Consolidate More US Offices
February 25 2013 4:17 PM
Zynga announced Monday that it is closing down and "consolidating" its offices in New York and Texas to cut costs.
- App Leak Shows YouTube Planning Pay Channels
February 25 2013 3:17 PM
A few lines of code nestled away in Google's most recent update for its YouTube Android application have revealed more about the company's rumored pay-to-view services than it is currently admitting.
- Facebook, Carriers Offering Discounted Messaging
February 25 2013 12:30 PM
Facebook has partnered with a number of mobile carriers to cut costs for its mobile messaging service.
- Could Nevada’s New Online Gambling Law Save Zynga?
February 22 2013 2:00 PM
A bill permitting online gambling in Nevada was signed into law this week, giving hope to companies seeking to break into the business.