Articles by Zoe Mintz
- Swedish Family Catches 15-Inch Giant Rat In Kitchen
March 27 2014 10:00 AM
Since gaining Internet fame, a 15-inch rat caught in a Swedish family's home has been dubbed "Ratzilla."
- 520 Million-Year-Old Sea Creature Pulled Off A ‘Major’ Evolutionary Feat To Become ‘Top’ Predator
March 26 2014 4:24 PM
A new study found that an ancient sea creature known as Tamisiocaris evolved into a filter feeder, resembling modern whales and sharks.
- Hammerhead Shark Takes Kayaker On 2-Hour ‘South Florida Sleigh Ride’ [VIDEO]
March 26 2014 2:35 PM
Adam Fisk, a Florida Atlantic University senior, was dragged in his kayak for two hours by an 11-foot hammerhead shark.
- Goats Are Smart? Study Shows Animals Have ‘Excellent’ Long-Term Memories
March 26 2014 10:26 AM
A new study conducted by researchers at Queen Mary University of London suggests goats can learn new tasks quickly and have a remarkable ability to remember them for months to come.
- There Is ‘Goo’ In Our Bones?
March 25 2014 4:51 PM
A new study has proposed a new structure for bone mineral where the chemical citrate creates a "goo" that prevents bones from shattering.
- Two Fossils Belonging To The Same Turtle Bone Discovered Centuries Apart
March 25 2014 1:17 PM
An amateur fossil hunter found the second half to a giant sea turtle bone unearthed more than 160 years ago.
- Tolkien Reading Day 2014: 25 Inspirational Quotes From The Books Of J. R. R. Tolkien
March 25 2014 10:19 AM
Tolkienists around the world will gather this Tuesday to celebrate the works of acclaimed fantasy author, J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Animatronic Doll Performs ‘Disturbing’ Dance In New York City Art Gallery
March 24 2014 4:44 PM
An animatronic doll created by artist Jordan Wolfson has amassed a viral following.
- New ‘Glasshead Barreleye’ Fish Discovered With ‘Mirror-Like’ Eye That Points Upwards
March 24 2014 3:18 PM
A fish with a cylindrical eye that points upwards was discovered in the Tasman Sea located between Australia and New Zealand.
- New Gully On Mars? NASA Spacecraft Spots Feature Not Visible 3 Years Ago
March 24 2014 10:32 AM
NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter has captured images of what appears to be a new gully formation in the southern highlands of Mars.
- Malaysian Woman Claims To Have Spotted Missing MH370 Airplane In Indian Ocean
March 21 2014 2:14 PM
Did a Malaysian woman onboard a Saudi Arabian Airlines flight on March 8 spot debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370?
- This Is How Much Food 9 US Fisheries Are Wasting
March 21 2014 11:03 AM
A new report published by the nonprofit conservation group Oceana exposes nine of the "dirtiest" U.S. fisheries.
- ‘Scandal’ Season 3 Spoilers: Watch 2 New Sneak Peek Videos From Episode 14, ‘Kiss Kiss Bang Bang’ [VIDEOS]
March 20 2014 3:44 PM
Two sneak peek videos for episode 14 of "Scandal" sheds some light on what's to come on March 20.
- Premature Baby Survives In Icebox For 5 Months
March 20 2014 1:43 PM
Mithilesh Chauhan, a premature baby born in Mumbai, India, survived in an icebox for five months after the child's parents could not afford to keep him in a hospital.
- What Is Norooz? Greetings, History And Traditions To Celebrate The Persian New Year
March 20 2014 10:50 AM
Norooz, also known as the Persian New Year, begins at 8:27 p.m. local time in Tehran on March 20 and lasts for 12 days.
- ‘Chicken From Hell’ Dinosaur Species Discovered
March 19 2014 5:02 PM
A new dinosaur species has been nicknamed the "chicken from hell" after its bird-like appearance.
- Earliest Bone Marrow Found In 370-Million-Year-Old Fish
March 19 2014 2:15 PM
The earliest evidence of bone marrow was discovered in an extinct ancient fish known as a Eusthenopteron that lived 370 million years ago.
- When Will Hekla Erupt? Surface Swelling Spotted On North Side Of Iceland Volcano
March 19 2014 10:55 AM
Once of Iceland's most active volcanoes may erupt soon, according to a University of Iceland geologist.
- When Did Chickens Cross The Pacific Ocean?
March 18 2014 5:04 PM
A new study that sequenced DNA found in ancient chicken bones suggests early Polynesian people did not reach South America before European explorers.
- Giant ‘Fireball’ Seen Over Canadian Maritimes
March 18 2014 2:19 PM
A fireball was spotted over the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia and Quebec early Tuesday morning sparking a social media firestorm of what the object was.