- For Iraqi Sunnis, A Choice Between Repression And Shariah
June 13 2014 2:53 PM
The ISIS advance in Iraq has created a painful dilemma for the Sunni Muslims under its control.
- Karachi Raid Shows Taliban Factions Still Working Together
June 10 2014 5:45 PM
The recent attacks by the Pakistani Taliban may show signs that the group is not as divided as previously thought.
- South Korea's Sewol Ferry Crew Go On Trial
June 10 2014 8:04 AM
The trial of the captain and crew of the South Korean ferry that sank almost two months ago began Tuesday.
- Audrey Zhang, NY Fifth Grader, Wins Google Doodle Contest With Water-Themed Design
June 09 2014 8:14 AM
An 11-year-old Long Island girl won the Doodle 4 Google 2014 contest with a design based on clean water initiatives.
- Malaysia Has Spent $8.6M On Flight MH370 Search
June 09 2014 8:14 AM
Flight MH370 disappeared on March 8 with 239 people on board during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
- Ahead Of The World Cup, Has Brazil Dropped The Ball?
June 06 2014 9:38 PM
Political, logistical and contractual problems threaten to turn a potential PR bonanza into a nightmare.
- Fatalities Feared In Kosovo Power Plant Explosion
June 06 2014 8:40 AM
A large blast at Kosovo's second biggest coal-fired power station has caused injuries and damaged property.
- D-Day Anniversary: Historic Photos From The Beaches Of Normandy
June 06 2014 7:51 AM
On June 6, 1944, hundreds of thousands of Allied soldiers stormed five beaches of northern France. Today marks the 70th anniversary.
- Boko Haram Attacks Kill Hundreds In Multiple Villages
June 05 2014 8:30 AM
At least 200 Nigerians were killed in northeastern Nigeria; some areas are so remote that it has taken days for reports to reach authorities.
- Obama's New Clemency Program Prompts 18,000 Applications
June 03 2014 8:50 AM
Thousands of prisoners have applied for commuted sentences under President Obama's new drug clemency program.
- ‘Bring Back Our Girls’ Protests Banned In Nigeria
June 03 2014 8:30 AM
Nigerian police have banned protests in support of the more than 200 girls that were abducted by Boko Haram in April.
- Police Seal Off New Search Area In Madeleine McCann Case
June 02 2014 7:51 AM
British police officers have cordoned off an area near the Portuguese resort where the 3-year-old went missing seven years ago.
- Life After Microsoft: How Ballmer, Allen and Gates Are Spending Their Billions
May 30 2014 5:12 PM
From basketball to extraterrestrials to global health, the top Microsoft execs have pursued wildly different paths since leaving the company.
- Indianapolis Police Officer Shot On City’s Northeast Side, 3 Found Dead On Scene
May 30 2014 8:50 AM
The officer, who has not been identified, was shot but saved by a bulletproof vest he was wearing, police said.
- For Therapists, Isla Vista Mass Killings A Teachable Moment
May 29 2014 12:07 PM
For those in mental health and law enforcement, Elliott Rodger's killing spree is prompting discussions of how better to prevent such tragedies.
- Chinese Woman Beheads Cat, Sparks Outrage
May 29 2014 8:40 AM
A Chinese woman has apologized for decapitating a kitten and sharing pictures online.
- Tense Calm Blankets Donetsk After Deadly Airport Clash
May 28 2014 8:59 AM
Chechen leaders deny involvement in a clash between pro-Russian separatists and Ukrainian forces that killed dozens in Donetsk.
- GlaxoSmithKline Under Investigation By UK Fraud Agency
May 28 2014 8:14 AM
The U.K.’s Serious Fraud Office has opened a formal criminal investigation into the pharmaceutical company's commercial practices.
- Putin Says Russia Will ‘Respect’ The Outcome Of Ukraine Vote
May 23 2014 10:25 AM
Speaking in St Petersburg on Friday, Putin said he would “respect the choice of the Ukrainian people” in Sunday's upcoming presidential election.
- Two Dead After Violent Clashes In Istanbul
May 23 2014 8:27 AM
The violence, which took place in a working-class neighborhood, was the site of last year's anti-government demonstrations.