Articles by Zoe Mintz
- Christmas Day Movie Guide 2013: What Films To See On Wednesday, Dec. 25
December 23 2013 5:26 PM
A detailed list of the seven movie titles that will hit theaters on Dec. 25 -- and one on Dec. 27.
- Injured Puppy Found Alive In San Francisco Recycling Plant
December 23 2013 12:16 PM
Authorities are searching for the owner of a 10-week-old puppy that was found alive at a San Francisco dump on Saturday after being deliberately discarded.
- Terminally Ill Cancer Patient Says Final Goodbye To Childhood Dog In Poignant Photo
December 23 2013 11:12 AM
Mike Petrosino, 21, a terminally ill cancer patient, was greeted by his childhood dog, Rusty, at Massachusetts General Hospital on Friday.
- 5 Best Christmas Songs For Kids To Sing During The Holidays
December 23 2013 10:23 AM
With Christmas around the corner, here are five classic Yuletide tunes to sing with the family this holiday season.
- 5 Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes To Make This Holiday Season
December 20 2013 4:18 PM
With Christmas around the corner, here are 5 quick and easy recipes to make before Santa arrives.
- Winter Solstice 2013: When Is The First Day Of Winter?
December 20 2013 12:08 PM
The Winter Solstice begins Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:11 p.m. EST, marking the shortest day of the year as the sun reaches its southernmost point in the sky.
- 7-Year-Old Girl Accompanied By Rescue Dog During Surgery
December 19 2013 4:25 PM
A 7-year-old girl was allowed to go into surgery with her service dog that monitored her condition while under anesthesia.
- ‘World’s First’ Text Message Sent Using Vodka, New Technology Sends Binary Signals In Molecules
December 19 2013 3:10 PM
A team of scientists have successfully found a way to communicate between two points using alcohol molecules evaporated into the air.
- Warfarin May Double Stroke Risk In Those With Irregular Heartbeat
December 19 2013 12:22 PM
A popular blood-thinning drug may double the risk of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation during the first weeks of treatment, a new study suggests.
- Illinois Mother Dies While Giving Birth And Is Brought Back To Life
December 19 2013 10:17 AM
An Illinois mother had a sinking feeling she was going to die while giving birth to her second child, and she was right. But Stephanie Arnold didn't predict she would live to tell the tale.
- Dying Cancer Patient Found ‘Cold To The Touch’ In Taxi After Being Forcibly Discharged, Mother Claims
December 18 2013 5:35 PM
Deborah Washington, a North Carolina woman, has filed a lawsuit claiming hospital security guards forcibly discharged her dying or already deceased son on Nov. 22, 2011.
- Two Recently Discovered Supernovae Among Brightest Ever Recorded
December 18 2013 4:21 PM
Two supernovae discovered a few years ago are believed to be the most distant and brightest ever recorded.
- New Tapir Species Discovered In Amazon
December 18 2013 11:08 AM
A new species of tapir was discovered in the Amazon rainforest that may be one of the biggest animals on the South American continent.
- Diamonds In Antarctica?
December 17 2013 3:47 PM
Scientists say they found kimberlite deposits, a known source of diamonds, in Antarctica.
- Penguins Move In ‘Traveling Wave’ To Keep Warm During Antarctic Winter
December 17 2013 1:42 PM
A new study has found male emperor penguins move in a tight huddle to protect themselves from the harsh Antarctic winter.
- National Maple Syrup Day: 5 Recipes To Celebrate ‘Liquid Gold’
December 17 2013 12:23 PM
National Maple Syrup Day in the U.S. is on Dec. 17. Here are five ways to indulge in the sweet syrup.
- Salvation Army Bell Ringer Reports Being Assaulted For Saying ‘Happy Holidays’ Not ‘Merry Christmas’
December 16 2013 4:13 PM
A Salvation Army bell ringer says she was assaulted outside a Walmart store in Phoenix, Ariz., after she wished a woman "Happy Holidays" and not "Merry Christmas."
- Chinese Man's Severed Hand Saved After Being Stitched To Ankle [GRAPHIC PHOTO]
December 16 2013 2:46 PM
A Chinese man's hand was successfully reattached a month after it was severed in a work-related accident. Doctors kept the limb "alive" by grafting it to his ankle.
- Kidney Grown From Stem Cells
December 16 2013 12:42 PM
Australian researchers have grown a "mini-kidney" from stem cells in a process they pioneered.
- Young Boy Grabs Pope’s Skullcap At The Vatican
December 16 2013 9:58 AM
A young child yanked the pope's skullcap off his head while the pontiff was visiting the Santa Marta Vatican Institute at the Vatican on Saturday.