Articles by Zoe Mintz
- 4 New Legless-Lizard Species Discovered In California
September 18 2013 10:03 AM
Four new species of legless lizards have been uncovered in four of California’s most unassuming locations.
- 3,000-Year-Old Mummy Sarcophagus Restored With Lego
September 17 2013 4:38 PM
The Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge used Lego to repair the 13th century Egyptian cartonnage mummy case of Hor, an ancient Egyptian king.
- Doctor Regenerates Jockey’s Finger After Horse Bite
September 17 2013 2:31 PM
A Florida doctor used a novel technique to grow back a man's finger after it had been bitten off.
- Researchers Find Location Of Human Imagination
September 17 2013 11:43 AM
In a recent study conducted by researchers at Dartmouth, scientists discovered where the brain’s “mental workspace" – a neural network that manipulates images, symbols, and other mental constructs – is located.
- 8-Year-Old Boy Writes Santa To Make Kids Stop Bullying His Twin Sister
September 17 2013 9:33 AM
In a letter he penned to Santa, 8-year-old Ryan Suffern says his Christmas wish is to have kids stop teasing his twin sister at school.
- Stella The Dog Brought Back To Life By Santa Monica Firefighters
September 16 2013 4:10 PM
The boxer from Santa Monica, Calif., was trapped inside a burning building when firefighters found her and resuscitated her with oxygen.
- Holy Water In Austria Contaminated With Fecal Matter
September 16 2013 12:51 PM
According to a new Austrian study, 86 percent of holy water is contaminated with fecal matter that causes diseases that lead to fever, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
- New Snail Species Discovered In Croatia's Deepest Cave
September 16 2013 11:00 AM
Scientists have identified a new snail species discovered in in Croatia’s Lukina Jama–Trojama cave system.
- Lost Class Ring Returned After Nearly 40 Years
September 16 2013 9:50 AM
Diver Brian Tovin tracked down the owner of a nearly 40-year-old class ring he found in South Carolina's Cooper River last month.
- Home Depot Flash Mob Proposal Goes Viral
September 13 2013 3:42 PM
When Dustin Reeser went to Home Depot last week, he thought he was helping his roommate pick up party supplies -- instead, he walked into a flash mob proposal orchestrated by his boyfriend, Spencer Stout.
- 5 Facts You Need To Know About Yom Kippur
September 13 2013 1:59 PM
Considered the holiest day of the Jewish year, Yom Kippur is observed from sundown on Sept. 13 to nightfall on Sept. 14, 2013.
- Brain-Eating Amoeba Confirmed In St. Bernard Parish Water Supply
September 13 2013 9:42 AM
The deadly brain-eating amoeba Naegleria fowleri has been found in the St. Bernard Parish water supply in Louisiana, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control confirmed Thursday.
- Ozzy Named World's Fastest Tightrope Walking Dog
September 12 2013 4:23 PM
The 4-year-old border collie/kelpie mix made the Guinness Book of World Records by crossing a 11.4 foot long tight rope in 18.22 seconds.
- 'Dead' Snake Rises Out Of Wine Bottle
September 12 2013 3:03 PM
A woman in China who opened a bottle of 3-month-old "snake wine" was attacked by its contents.
- Blobfish Crowned World’s Ugliest Animal
September 12 2013 12:00 PM
The blobfish, a fish native to Australian waters, has been voted the world's ugliest animal in a campaign by the Ugly Animal Preservation Society.
- 741-Pound-Alligator Sets New State Record In Mississippi
September 12 2013 10:10 AM
Jimmy Greer, Dalco Turner, John Ratcliff and Jennifer Ratcliff are credited with catching a record-breaking 741-pound alligator in Mississippi on Sunday.
- New Clues To How Ancient Crocodiles Outlasted The Dinosaurs
September 11 2013 4:15 PM
A new study shows for the first time how ancient crocodiles evolved and survived when they lived among dinosaurs.
- Mom Publicly Shames Daughter For Twerking
September 11 2013 2:16 PM
A California mom made her daughter hold a sign at a busy street corner after she learned the 11-year-old twerked at a school dance.
- 9/11 Memorial Events Held Across The United States [PHOTOS]
September 11 2013 12:23 PM
Twelve years after the attacks that launched more than a decade of war, Americans are remembering the thousands of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001.
- 120-Year-Old Medal Of Honor Found Inside Book At Church Sale
September 11 2013 9:59 AM
A Congressional Medal of Honor awarded to Joshua Chamberlain for his role in the Battle of Gettysburg was discovered in the back of a book bought at a church fundraising sale in Duxbury, Mass.