Articles by Zoe Mintz
- 5.6-Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Iran Near Nuclear Power Plant
November 28 2013 2:16 PM
A 5.6-magnitude earthquake shook southern Iran, near a nuclear power plant in the Bushehr region on Thursday evening.
- 15 Thanksgiving Quotes To Share On Turkey Day
November 28 2013 1:03 PM
Here's some Thanksgiving quotes from presidents, comedians and spiritual leaders on gratitude, grace and the beloved turkey.
- Marissa Alexander Released From Jail For Thanksgiving
November 28 2013 11:34 AM
A 33-year-old Florida mother who was sentenced to 20 years in prison for aggravated assault was released from jail on Wednesday while she awaits a new trial.
- Ohio Amish Girl, Family Fled To Avoid Forced Chemotherapy
November 28 2013 10:42 AM
The whereabouts of the family of a 10-year-old Amish girl diagnosed with leukemia are unknown after they reportedly fled the country to avoid court-mandated chemotherapy.
- Is Gray Thursday The New Black Friday?
November 27 2013 1:56 PM
As more retailers extend their Black Friday store hours to include Thanksgiving Day, some analysts weigh in to explain why shopping on Turkey Day is here to stay.
- Tornado In North Carolina Caused By Winter Storm Boreas
November 27 2013 10:54 AM
An EF-2 tornado struck the southeastern portion of the North Carolina coast Tuesday night, stemming from high winds caused by Winter Storm Boreas, according to the National Weather Service.
- Thanksgiving Movies: 12 Films To See In Theatres Or Online
November 27 2013 9:32 AM
A list of the latest holiday blockbusters opening on Thanksgiving weekend and older films available to watch on demand.
- Hanukkah 2013: 5 Facts You Need To Know About The Popular Jewish Holiday
November 26 2013 3:37 PM
Hanukkah, also known as the festival of lights, begins at sundown on Nov. 27.
- 800-Pound ‘Dinosaur’ Fish Caught Off Miami Beach
November 26 2013 12:01 PM
It took a famous Florida captain four hours to reel in a rare deep-ocean dweller off the coast of Miami Beach.
- Did Dayna Morales Lie? Family Says They Tipped Gay Waitress, Would ‘Never’ Leave Hateful Note
November 26 2013 9:48 AM
A New Jersey family has come forward insisting they did not deny a waitress a tip because she is gay.
- Black Friday 2013: 5 Tips To Stay Healthy And Energized On Your Shopping Spree
November 25 2013 4:54 PM
Five tips and tricks health experts recommend to stay energized and healthy on Black Friday.
- ‘Hitler Puppy’ Called Patch Looks Like ‘Little’ Adolf Hitler
November 25 2013 3:57 PM
An British puppy called Patch is gaining popularity for his uncanny resemblance to Adolf Hitler.
- Thanksgivukkah: 3 Facts You Need To Know About The 'Once-In-A-Lifetime’ Holiday
November 25 2013 2:33 PM
For the first time since 1888, the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah will be celebrated on Thanksgiving Day.
- Where Will The Thanksgiving Storm Hit?
November 25 2013 11:16 AM
Winter Storm Boreas is poised to head to the Northeast, threatening Thanksgiving travel plans.
- World’s Largest Tortoise? Fake Image Depicts 800-Pound Turtle ‘Found’ In The Amazon River
November 22 2013 2:43 PM
An image circulating online of what is being called the “world’s largest tortoise” has been found to be a hoax.
- Two Men Rescue Greenland Shark From Choking On Moose
November 22 2013 11:21 AM
Jeremy Ball approached the shark and began pulling the moose chunk out of the fish's mouth. "A couple yanks and it just came right out,” he said.
- New Dinosaur Discovered, Ruled Before T. Rex
November 22 2013 10:28 AM
A new species found in Utah may be the largest meat-eating dinosaur that ever lived in North America.
- Woman Swings Frozen Turkey During Grocery Store ‘Food Fight’
November 21 2013 3:47 PM
A dispute between two groups of women at a Wisconsin store escalated into a food fight involving a frozen turkey.
- ‘Dead’ Baby In China Found Alive At Funeral Home
November 21 2013 3:22 PM
A newborn baby boy was found crying at a funeral home in eastern China two days after he was declared dead at Anhui Provincial Children's Hospital.
- Giant Mushroom To Ring In New Year In Pa. Town
November 21 2013 1:30 PM
A 700-pound mushroom sculpture will be lowered in the town of Kennett Square, Pa., this New Year's Eve.