- Abraham Lincoln Quotes: 25 Inspirational Sayings To Celebrate The President’s 205th Birthday
February 12 2014 11:26 AM
A list of 25 quotes attributed to Abraham Lincoln to celebrate his 205th birthday which falls on February 12, 2014.
- New Glasses Makes Sure ‘No Cancer Is Left Behind’
February 11 2014 5:01 PM
A new high-tech set of glasses allows surgeons to visualize cancer cells for the first time.
- Is Marble Canyon The New ‘Motherlode’?
February 11 2014 1:42 PM
The "epic" discovery of a fossil bed in the Canadian Rockies has yielded remains of 50 animal species in just 15 days of site exploration.
- Permian Mass Extinction Took 60,000 Years, China Rock Shows
February 11 2014 11:13 AM
New research has pinpointed the exact duration of the Permian mass extinction, an event that took place some 252 million years ago and wiped out the majority of animal life on Earth.
- New Climate Change Map Reveals Where Species Will Go As Global Temperatures Rise
February 10 2014 4:37 PM
Many species will run into ocean or mountain barriers and be trapped with nowhere to go, a study warns.
- Rare Bronze Apollo Statue Found In The Gaza Strip
February 10 2014 2:05 PM
An ancient and valuable statue of the Greek god Apollo has been seized by Hamas and vanished from public view.
- Are Cat Bites Worse Than Dog Bites?
February 10 2014 11:03 AM
A new study has found that one out of three patients who sought treatment for a cat bite were hospitalized.
- Did Nessie Die? No ‘Confirmed Sightings’ Of Loch Ness Monster In Almost 90 Years
February 07 2014 4:28 PM
A veteran Loch Ness monster spotter says there have been no "confirmed sightings" of the legendary creature since 1925.
- ‘Steak-Knife’ Teeth Found In Oldest Land Predators
February 07 2014 2:23 PM
Dimetrodon, a carnivore that walked on land between 298 million and 272 million years ago, had serrated ziphodont teeth, a new study finds.
- Oldest Human Footprints Outside Of Africa Discovered In England
February 07 2014 12:18 PM
British scientists have uncovered the world's oldest footprints found outside of Africa. Discovered along the Norfolk coast, the prints are about 800,000 years old.
- 15 Inspirational Quotes To Share During The 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
February 07 2014 9:27 AM
Words of advice Olympic athletes have shared on the sports they love, the challenges they overcame and the joy they experienced in achieving their Olympic dreams.
- Salmon Born With Magnetic ‘Map’ To Navigate During Migration
February 06 2014 3:16 PM
A new study reveals that Pacific salmon are born with an innate map of Earth's magnetic field to guide them to feeding grounds during migration.
- ‘Whopper’ Jellyfish Discovered On Australian Beach
February 06 2014 12:22 PM
A giant jellyfish belonging to a previously unidentified species washed ashore last month on a beach in Tasmania, Australia.
- 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony Live Stream
February 06 2014 10:41 AM
The 2014 Sochi Olympics opening ceremony will take place at Fisht Olympic Stadium on Feb. 7.
- Oldest Camel Bones Get Carbon Dated, Results Contradict The Bible
February 05 2014 5:15 PM
Radiocarbon dating of the oldest known camel bones have pinpointed when domesticated camels arrived in Israel, pushing it forward from the 12th to the 9th century BC.
- 18-Foot Burmese Python Caught In Florida Everglades, Could Be State Record Capture [PHOTO]
February 05 2014 4:21 PM
An 18-foot, 2-inch long Burmese python was caught and killed in the Florida Everglades on Tuesday.
- Bumblebees Can Fly Higher Than Mount Everest? ‘Remarkable’ Trait Puzzles Scientists
February 05 2014 1:08 PM
A new study has found that alpine bumblebees are capable of higher heights than previously thought.
- Sucker-Footed Bat Relatives Discovered In Egypt, ‘Ancient Lineage’ Proven By Fossil Find [PHOTO]
February 05 2014 11:06 AM
Fossilized remains of extinct relatives of the sucker-footed bat were discovered in Egypt, proving the bat family originated in Africa.
- Is The Mystery Behind The ‘Pompeii’ Of China Solved?
February 04 2014 4:15 PM
A new study suggests the thousands of well-preserved fossils from the Jehol Biota site in northern China most likely died from a series of volcanic eruptions that took place 120 million years ago.
- Is Starfish-Wasting Syndrome Turning Starfish Into ‘Splats’?
February 04 2014 12:32 PM
The mysterious starfish-wasting syndrome has been killing starfish populations along North American coasts for months.