Articles by Zoe Mintz
- Two Recently Discovered Supernovae Among Brightest Ever Recorded
December 18 2013 4:21 PM
Two supernovae discovered a few years ago are believed to be the most distant and brightest ever recorded.
- New Tapir Species Discovered In Amazon
December 18 2013 11:08 AM
A new species of tapir was discovered in the Amazon rainforest that may be one of the biggest animals on the South American continent.
- Diamonds In Antarctica?
December 17 2013 3:47 PM
Scientists say they found kimberlite deposits, a known source of diamonds, in Antarctica.
- Penguins Move In ‘Traveling Wave’ To Keep Warm During Antarctic Winter
December 17 2013 1:42 PM
A new study has found male emperor penguins move in a tight huddle to protect themselves from the harsh Antarctic winter.
- National Maple Syrup Day: 5 Recipes To Celebrate ‘Liquid Gold’
December 17 2013 12:23 PM
National Maple Syrup Day in the U.S. is on Dec. 17. Here are five ways to indulge in the sweet syrup.
- Salvation Army Bell Ringer Reports Being Assaulted For Saying ‘Happy Holidays’ Not ‘Merry Christmas’
December 16 2013 4:13 PM
A Salvation Army bell ringer says she was assaulted outside a Walmart store in Phoenix, Ariz., after she wished a woman "Happy Holidays" and not "Merry Christmas."
- Chinese Man's Severed Hand Saved After Being Stitched To Ankle [GRAPHIC PHOTO]
December 16 2013 2:46 PM
A Chinese man's hand was successfully reattached a month after it was severed in a work-related accident. Doctors kept the limb "alive" by grafting it to his ankle.
- Kidney Grown From Stem Cells
December 16 2013 12:42 PM
Australian researchers have grown a "mini-kidney" from stem cells in a process they pioneered.
- Young Boy Grabs Pope’s Skullcap At The Vatican
December 16 2013 9:58 AM
A young child yanked the pope's skullcap off his head while the pontiff was visiting the Santa Marta Vatican Institute at the Vatican on Saturday.
- 4.4 Million-Year-Old Horse Fossil Found, New Species Is ‘One Piece Of A Very Complex Puzzle’
December 13 2013 1:02 PM
A new horse species was discovered from a 4.4 million-year-old fossil uncovered in Ethiopia.
- Top 5 Places To Make Funny Holiday Cards For Friends And Family
December 12 2013 3:43 PM
For those searching for a way to spread some holiday cheer, here are five free ecard sites to help you send season's greetings to loved ones near and far.
- New Zealand Man Finds New Year’s Eve Love ‘Katie’ In Viral Facebook Campaign
December 12 2013 12:41 PM
A New Zealand man that turned to Facebook to find a woman he met on New Year's Eve last year says the campaign got out of hand when the mystery woman was bombarded with thousands of messages that forced her to go offline.
- What Happened To Roanoke's Lost Colony? Old Map May Hold New Clues
December 12 2013 11:36 AM
A mystery surrounding a 16th century North Carolina colony may be one step closer to being solved, thanks to a new investigation on a 425-year-old map.
- Golden Globe Awards 2014: Full List Of Nominations
December 12 2013 9:05 AM
The nominees have been announced for the 71st Golden Globe awards, which will air on Sunday, Jan. 12.
- Lizards Breathe Like Birds, One-Way Breathing Pattern May Be 270 Million Years Old
December 11 2013 4:05 PM
Monitor lizards have a unidirectional way of taking in oxygen, a new study suggests.
- New Bird Flu Strain Remains Powerful After Becoming Resistant To Antiviral Drugs
December 11 2013 2:36 PM
Researchers have found the H7N9 virus remains powerful even after it develops a resistance to antiviral medications.
- Who Is Joe Cantrell? Arizona Man Banned From Walmart For Life Over Price Matching [PHOTO]
December 11 2013 11:57 AM
Joe Cantrell, 49, an Arizona man, has been banned from Walmart for life after he allegedly threatened an employee with bodily harm.
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Gift Ideas: What To Give Fans This Christmas
December 11 2013 9:35 AM
For family and friends obsessed with the A&E hit reality series, here are seven "Duck Dynasty"-inspired gift ideas for under $60.
- New Greenhouse Gas Discovered, Has Higher Global Warming Impact Than CO2
December 10 2013 2:12 PM
A new greenhouse gas has been identified that is 7,100 times more powerful at warming the Earth over 100 years than carbon dioxide.
- 7 Christmas Gift Ideas For Every Kind Of Teen Girl
December 10 2013 11:37 AM
Whether the teenage girl in your family enjoys sports, fashion or the arts, here are some gift ideas for under $70 to keep them and your wallet happy this Christmas.