- Face Of ‘Beachy Head Lady’ Revealed
February 04 2014 10:52 AM
The face of a woman believed to be more than 1,700 years old was reconstructed and is on display at the Eastbourne Museum in East Sussex, England.
- Greenland Glacier's ‘Unusually High Speeds’ Could Push Sea Rise
February 03 2014 5:04 PM
The Jakobshavn Glacier located in Greenland was measured moving at a record speed of 10 miles per year, a new study reports.
- What Is ‘NekNomination’? Online Drinking Game Fueled By ‘Huge Amount Of Peer Pressure’
February 03 2014 2:08 PM
An online drinking game that involves filming someone chugging whole bottles of alcohol and challenging others to do the same has been cited in two deaths.
- What Makes Brain Regions Work Together?
February 03 2014 12:45 PM
Researchers have discovered a previously unknown process that helps two brain regions cooperate when joint action is required to perform a task.
- Longest Lunar Transit? NASA Images Show Rare Solar Eclipse Not Visible From Earth
January 31 2014 11:39 AM
A lunar transit that took place Jan. 30 was captured by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory.
- Will ‘Supermoon’ Be Visible On Jan. 30?
January 30 2014 5:39 PM
Despite its proximity, the latest supermoon may not be visible to everyone.
- Chinese New Year - Greetings, Proverbs, Quotes
January 30 2014 11:54 AM
The Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival, will begin on Jan. 31, ushering in the Year of the Horse.
- Rick Dyer, Bigfoot Hunter, Releases More Photos Of Alleged ‘Monster’ Sasquatch
January 29 2014 5:17 PM
Rick Dyer, a self-proclaimed "master" Bigfoot hunter, has released more photos of a Sasquatch he allegedly killed in 2012.
- Teacher Discovers ‘Remarkable’ Fossil
January 29 2014 12:57 PM
A California science teacher spotted a rare sperm whale fossil believed to be 12 to 15 million years old.
- First Living Coral Reef Discovered In Greenland
January 29 2014 11:13 AM
A new study describes how Canadian researchers accidentally discovered the first living coral reef off the coast of Greenland.
- 300,000-Year-Old Hearth Found In Israel
January 27 2014 5:07 PM
Scientists have uncovered the remains of a 300,000-year-old hearth at the Qesem Cave, an archeological site 7 miles east of Tel Aviv.
- Canadian Doctor Dies In Base Jump Off Cliff Near Grand Canyon
January 27 2014 3:07 PM
The body of a base jumper who died after jumping off a cliff near the Grand Canyon has been recovered and identified.
- 7,000-Year-Old Man Had Dark Skin And Blue Eyes
January 27 2014 11:49 AM
DNA taken from the remains of a 7,000-year-old European hunter-gatherer reveals he most likely had dark skin and blue eyes.
- World’s Oldest Cancer Originated In Dog 11,000 Years Ago
January 24 2014 2:04 PM
Scientists have sequenced the genome of the world's oldest continuously surviving cancer, a transmissible genital cancer that affects dogs.
- Is Vitamin D The ‘Sunshine’ Supplement? Study Finds Healthy People Are 'Unlikely' To Benefit
January 24 2014 11:01 AM
A new study suggests vitamin D does not play a serious role in reducing the risk of diseases or fractures.
- What Keeps Animals Warm? Insulating Power Of Fur And Feathers Points To Heat Radiation
January 23 2014 4:32 PM
A new study suggests that radiative heat plays a role in keeping animals warm, which may lead to new developments in building insulation technology.
- How Old Is Adam? Scientists Claim Earliest Male Ancestor Emerged 209,000 Years Ago
January 23 2014 3:26 PM
A new study says humanity's most recent common male ancestor emerged 9,000 years earlier than previously thought.
- 11-Foot Giant Squid Caught By Japanese Fishermen
January 23 2014 2:19 PM
The latest catch follows three other giant squids caught off the coast of Japan in recent months.
- New River Dolphin Species Discovered For First Time In 100 Years
January 23 2014 10:42 AM
Scientists in Brazil have identified a new river dolphin species found in the Araguaia river basin.
- Water Plumes Discovered On Asteroid Ceres
January 22 2014 3:53 PM
Data collected from the Herschel Space Observatory shows water plumes on the largest body in the asteroid belt, the dwarf planet Ceres.