- National Napping Day: 5 Ways To Sleep At Work (Without Getting Caught)
March 10 2014 11:12 AM
To celebrate National Napping Day, below are five ways to catch some shuteye at work without getting caught.
- Giant Fireball Spotted Over Yellowknife [PHOTO]
March 07 2014 4:06 PM
A fireball was captured on camera in Yellowknife in northern Canada early Thursday morning.
- Will Lydia Cross The Atlantic Ocean? Great White Shark Spotted ‘Closer To Europe' Than North America [PHOTO]
March 07 2014 2:32 PM
A great white shark named Lydia may be the first of her species to cross the Atlantic Ocean.
- International Women’s Day: 25 Sayings That Empower Women
March 07 2014 10:33 AM
International Women’s Day, which celebrates global gender equality, will take place on March 8.
- ‘Rocket Cats’ In The 16th Century? Illustrations Show Animals Strapped To ‘Jet Of Fire’
March 06 2014 4:18 PM
A 16th century German military manual shows images of jet packs strapped to cats and doves.
- Who Is Katheryn Deprill? ‘Burger King Baby’ Searches For Birth Mother On Facebook [PHOTO]
March 06 2014 2:18 PM
A 27-year-old woman who was abandoned as a child in a Burger King bathroom posted a photo on Facebook in a quest to find her birth mother.
- New Dinosaur Species Discovered In Europe, ‘Torvosaurus Gurneyi’ Was A ‘Super Predator’ [PHOTO]
March 06 2014 10:40 AM
Fossilized remains found in Portugal may belong to a new dinosaur species believed to be the largest predator in Europe during the late Jurassic period.
- What is Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease? 3 Facts About The Prion Disorder That Killed Sandi Tucker Kennedy
March 05 2014 3:15 PM
Sandi Tucker Kennedy, a Maine mother of four, died on Monday from Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
- Nickolay Lamm Launches ‘Normal Barbie’ Doll Campaign, Lammily Design Shows ‘Average Is Beautiful’ [PHOTOS]
March 05 2014 11:52 AM
Pittsburgh artist, Nickolay Lamm, launched a crowdfunding campaign to manufacture Barbie-inspired dolls with average measurements as an alternative to the Mattel original.
- First Legal LSD Trial In Decades Indicates Potential Benefits
March 05 2014 10:14 AM
The first controlled study of LSD in more than 40 years has been published in The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease.
- 160-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Fauna Identified, ‘Daohugou Biota’ Fossils Are ‘Stunning’ Finds [PHOTO]
March 04 2014 4:34 PM
Daohugou Biota, a newly identified dinosaur fauna, may shed light on the evolutionary history of vertebrates.
- Paczki Day 2014: History And Facts About The Traditional Polish Doughnut
March 04 2014 2:29 PM
Paczki Day, a holiday celebrated in large Polish communities across the United States on Fat Tuesday, revolves around a small jelly-filled doughnut.
- When Does Lent Start In 2014? 5 Facts You Need To Know About The Christian Observance
March 04 2014 10:59 AM
An explanation on the origins, practices and history of the Lenten season.
- 30,000-Year-Old ‘Giant’ Virus Revived, Can It Infect Humans?
March 03 2014 4:54 PM
A 30,000-year-old virus found in Siberian permafrost was revived, suggesting that other pathogenic viruses may get a second life as global temperatures rise.
- Did Neanderthals Speak? 60,000-Year-Old Hyoid Bone Is ‘Virtually Indistinguishable’ From Our Own
March 03 2014 3:06 PM
A new study on a 60,000-year-old Neanderthal hyoid bone suggests that the early-human species had the ability to produce speech.
- Mardi Gras 2014: Guide To Vocabulary, Terms And Words Used For Fat Tuesday
March 03 2014 12:58 PM
A guide to traditional words, terms and French vocabulary to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
- Oscars 2014 Quotes: 21 Jokes, Sayings And Acceptance Speeches From The 86th Academy Awards
March 03 2014 10:13 AM
A list of the best quotes shared during the 86th Academy Awards on March 2.
- ‘Shark’s Eye’ Cameras Have ‘Drawn Back The Veil’ On How The Ocean Predators Live [VIDEO]
February 28 2014 11:34 AM
New research using cameras mounted on sharks have captured never-before-seen footage of how the ocean predators eat, swim and live.
- Mardi Gras 2014: List Of Popular Parade Routes, Schedules From Feb. 28 To March 4
February 28 2014 9:15 AM
A list of the most popular Mardi Gras parade routes in New Orleans between Friday, Feb. 28 and March 4.
- 500-Year-Old Mummy Killed By ‘Really Severe Hits’ To The Skull, Was The Incan Woman Ritually Sacrificed?
February 27 2014 12:11 PM
A recent study that examined the remains of a 500-year-old South American mummy suggests she was killed by blunt force trauma to the skull.