- Ancient Dolphin Fossil Found In New Zealand
January 22 2014 3:14 PM
An extinct dolphin species was identified thanks to fossils found in New Zealand's South Island.
- Two Childbirth Deaths In A Month At Boston Hospital Spark State Investigation
January 22 2014 1:12 PM
The Massachusetts public health department is investigating the deaths at South Shore Hospital.
- The Next Big Thing: Robots With E-Whiskers
January 22 2014 10:09 AM
Electronic whiskers developed by Berkeley Lab and Berkeley researchers help robots "see" and "feel" their surroundings.
- Wild Beaver Caught On Camera In England, ‘Fantastic’ Discovery Made In The River Otter [PHOTO]
January 21 2014 4:10 PM
An environmental scientist captured images of a wild beaver in Devon, England, believed to have been hunted to extinction in the 12th century.
- Night-Shift Work Causes ‘Chrono-Chaos,’ Irregular Sleep Patterns May Pose Long-Term Health Risks
January 21 2014 11:59 AM
A new study suggests irregular sleep patterns caused by shift work and jet lag disrupts the rhythm of genes, posing long-term health concerns.
- 25 Inspirational Sayings To Share On Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 20 2014 10:31 AM
Thousands across the nation will attend church services, tributes and service projects to honor Rev. Dr Martin Luther King Jr.'s memory on January 20, a federal holiday.
- Dogs And Wolves Evolved From Common Ancestor, New Study Suggests
January 17 2014 11:51 AM
The findings indicate that the origin of domesticated dogs is more complicated than the commonly held belief.
- Polar Bear Cubs Open Eyes For First Time, See Their Mother
January 16 2014 3:37 PM
Twin polar bear cubs born last month at Munich's Hellabrun Zoo were filmed opening their eyes for their first time.
- Kangaroo Drawing In Portuguese Manuscript May Rewrite Australia’s History
January 16 2014 2:03 PM
A drawing of a kangaroo in a 16th century prayer book suggests Portuguese explorers may have been the first to discover Australia.
- More Than 5,900 Gas Leaks Found In Washington, D.C.
January 16 2014 11:06 AM
Researchers have found thousands of natural gas leaks under the streets of Washington, D.C.
- New Pharaoh Discovered In Egypt, King Seneb Kay Had ‘The Longest Rule’ Of His Time
January 15 2014 3:04 PM
The remains, which date back to about 1650 B.C., were discovered near the southern city of Sohag.
- ‘Magnetic’ Fishing Net To Catch Space Junk?
January 15 2014 12:50 PM
Find out who's about to test a new space-cleanup system.
- Doomsday Clock Set To 5 Minutes To Midnight
January 15 2014 11:08 AM
The metaphorical indication of potential destruction "of our own making" remains as high as last year. Here's why.
- Disabled Toddler Asked To Leave Panera For ‘Squeaky’ Orthopedic Shoes
January 14 2014 4:55 PM
A 2-year-old Georgia toddler with developmental delays was asked leave a Panera Bread restaurant after a customer reportedly complained that her orthopedic shoes were too loud.
- Humans And Primates Burn 50 Percent Fewer Calories Each Day Than Other Mammals
January 14 2014 2:56 PM
A new study suggests that the slow metabolism found in humans and other primates may explain why they grow up slowly and live long lives.
- First Full Moon Of 2014 Will Occur On Jan. 15
January 14 2014 11:04 AM
Known as the "mini moon," the smallest full moon of the year will occur on Jan. 15.
- Unexpected Levels Of Molecular Chlorine Found In The Arctic
January 13 2014 4:36 PM
A new study suggests the Arctic atmosphere contains unprecedented levels of molecular chlorine.
- 375-Million-Year-Old Fish Fossil Reveals How Hind Legs Evolved
January 13 2014 3:52 PM
Fossils of an ancient fish found in the Canadian Arctic sheds light on how four-legged animals made the transition from fins to feet.
- MTV’s ‘16 And Pregnant’ And ‘Teen Mom’ Led To Decline In Teen Birth Rate, New Study Shows
January 13 2014 1:24 PM
The MTV shows "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom" have contributed to a 5.7 percent decline in teen births, a new study suggests.
- Jennifer Lawrence Dress Copycats Blanketing The Web
January 13 2014 10:38 AM
Jennifer Lawrence's Dior gown at the 71st annual Golden Globe Awards has inspired some to imitate the "American Hustle" star's couture look.