- Asia's ‘Warren Buffett’ Expects Big Alibaba Payday
May 08 2014 8:35 AM
Softbank CEO Masayoshi Son has an estimated $58 billion stake in the Chinese e-commerce group that just filed in the U.S. for its IPO.
- Hundreds Dead In Nigeria After Attack
May 07 2014 11:08 AM
A Nigerian senator has confirmed that Boko Haram militants attacked the border town of Gamboru Ngala on Monday night.
- Ukrainian Forces Enter Mariupol, Briefly Retake City Hall; Five Dead
May 07 2014 8:32 AM
Tensions in Ukraine have continued to grow as Ukrainian forces entered the rebel-held city of Mariupol overnight.
- Clay Aiken Holds Slim Lead In North Carolina Congressional Race
May 07 2014 7:34 AM
The former "American Idol" runner-up is holding the lead in the state's Democratic primary by just 369 votes.
- China Arrests Human Rights Lawyer Before Tiananmen Protests Anniversary
May 06 2014 8:48 AM
A group of dissidents have reportedly been arrested in China before the 25th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square protests on June 4.
- 30 Pro-Russian Insurgents Killed In Ukraine, Airport Shuttered
May 06 2014 7:36 AM
Violence has escalated in Ukraine's eastern region as presidential elections and an impending referendum approaches.
- Daniel Loeb Calls Out The Big Shots: Latest Victim is Sotheby's
May 05 2014 6:25 PM
Winning seats on Sotheby's board of directors is only the latest in a string of critical assaults on established companies by Daniel Loeb.
- Teacher Appreciation Week Quotes: 15 Sayings To Give Thanks
May 05 2014 9:54 AM
Here's a list of quotes to honor America's educators for Teacher Appreciation Week, which begins on May 5, 2014.
- How Donald Sterling Could Keep The LA Clippers
May 01 2014 4:48 PM
Donald Sterling has several legal options he could employ if he tries to keep ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers.
- For NBA Commissioner Silver, Mounting Pressure Forced Decisive Action
April 30 2014 5:04 PM
Besides being a thorny PR issue, Sterling's racist speech spotlights the pressure Silver faces in shepherding a league that is a global business.
- With Sterling Banned, Who’s Running The Clippers Now?
April 29 2014 5:32 PM
His wife could be in charge -- but it's probably the team president.
- ‘Dance Moms’ Quotes: 25 Sayings From The Lifetime Show To Share On International Dance Day 2014
April 29 2014 11:24 AM
A list of quotes from the reality-TV stars of Lifetime’s hit series “Dance Moms” to share on April 29, 2014.
- Ancient Tomb In Egypt Contains Dozens Of ‘Royal Entourage’ Mummies
April 28 2014 5:28 PM
An ancient tomb discovered in the Valley of Kings contains dozens of mummies, including those of royal children, dating back to 14th century BC.
- Praying Mantis Wears Tiny 3D Glasses For Vision Research
April 28 2014 3:56 PM
In a new study, praying mantises were outfitted with 3D glasses to help scientists understand how the insects' stereoscopic vision compares to vertebrates.
- New Round Of Sanctions Slams Putin's Inner Circle
April 28 2014 11:42 AM
The new sanctions list includes seven Russian officials and 17 companies, from the financial, energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Putin’s Plan Unfolding In Eastern Ukraine, Experts Speculate
April 25 2014 3:42 PM
With escalating tensions in eastern Ukraine, there is speculation that President Putin is repeating a strategy he used in Crimea.
- Mars May Have Been Wet Only 200,000 Years Ago
April 25 2014 11:36 AM
A new study focusing on a particular crater on Mars suggests water may have lasted on the Red Planet longer than previously thought.
- Giant Iceberg Six Times The Size Of Manhattan Drifts Toward Southern Ocean
April 25 2014 11:01 AM
A giant iceberg that broke off from the Pine Island Glacier in western Antarctica is drifting toward the Southern Ocean, a new NASA video shows.
- 163 Million-Year-Old Flying Reptile Discovered In China
April 24 2014 4:15 PM
A fossil belonging to the oldest pterodactyloid has been discovered and named by a team of international scientists, according to a new study published in Current Biology.
- Blood Is Drawn As Ukraine Crisis Heats Up
April 24 2014 2:24 PM
Despite the Geneva agreement that provided a conflict-resolution outline for Ukraine, parties including Russia have started to move troops.