- Has Malaysia Airlines Learned From MH370 Disaster?
July 17 2014 4:04 PM
Malaysia Airlines' future may depend on how it handles the MH17 crisis over the next days and weeks.
- Is Syria The New Rwanda? World Stands Silent, Again
July 15 2014 7:38 PM
On the 20th anniversary of the end of the Rwandan genocide, the world watches as thousands are killed in Syria's endless civil war.
- Pill To Prevent HIV Recommended By New WHO Guidelines
July 11 2014 7:00 AM
New World Health Organization HIV prevention guidelines recommend the use of PrEP to curb the spread of the virus across the globe.
- American Apparel Might Be Running Out Of Thread
July 08 2014 3:03 PM
American Apparel's U.S. manufacturing base is costing it dearly, and a loan default following the ouster of CEO Dov Charney will force changes.
- What Selfies Say About The New ‘Normal’ In Plastic Surgery
July 02 2014 12:58 PM
Plastic surgeons across the country are treating a younger clientele thanks to the growing demands of social media.
- No-Fly List: Mysterious Document That Can Ground You For Life
June 25 2014 3:27 PM
Since 2001, thousands of names have been added to the U.S.'s no-fly list, which aims to prevent suspected terrorists from boarding airliners.
- FIFA Executive Committee Members Have History Of Scandals And High Salaries
June 23 2014 2:54 PM
Considering it's a nonprofit, FIFA is rich, and so are some of its top execs.
- Reddit Moderators Find Niche, But It's Not Always Easy
June 18 2014 5:17 PM
Moderators on the popular social news site Reddit have to strike a balance between being an umpire, policeman and parent.
- How The Sunni-Shiite Conflict Frames The Crisis In Iraq
June 17 2014 12:47 PM
The age-old rift between the two main sects of Islam lies at the center of the Middle East, and may turn even more violent.
- A Disastrous Void: Why The MH370 Public Response Failed
June 16 2014 6:58 AM
Public relations experts weigh in on the crisis response effort executed by the Malaysian government and Malaysia Airlines.
- What Happened To MH370? Everyone Knows - Theoretically
June 15 2014 12:30 PM
In the absence of hard evidence, speculation has flourished. Explanations range from believable to bizarre.
- For Iraqi Sunnis, A Choice Between Repression And Shariah
June 13 2014 2:53 PM
The ISIS advance in Iraq has created a painful dilemma for the Sunni Muslims under its control.
- Karachi Raid Shows Taliban Factions Still Working Together
June 10 2014 5:45 PM
The recent attacks by the Pakistani Taliban may show signs that the group is not as divided as previously thought.
- South Korea's Sewol Ferry Crew Go On Trial
June 10 2014 8:04 AM
The trial of the captain and crew of the South Korean ferry that sank almost two months ago began Tuesday.
- Audrey Zhang, NY Fifth Grader, Wins Google Doodle Contest With Water-Themed Design
June 09 2014 8:14 AM
An 11-year-old Long Island girl won the Doodle 4 Google 2014 contest with a design based on clean water initiatives.
- Malaysia Has Spent $8.6M On Flight MH370 Search
June 09 2014 8:14 AM
Flight MH370 disappeared on March 8 with 239 people on board during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
- Ahead Of The World Cup, Has Brazil Dropped The Ball?
June 06 2014 9:38 PM
Political, logistical and contractual problems threaten to turn a potential PR bonanza into a nightmare.
- Fatalities Feared In Kosovo Power Plant Explosion
June 06 2014 8:40 AM
A large blast at Kosovo's second biggest coal-fired power station has caused injuries and damaged property.
- D-Day Anniversary: Historic Photos From The Beaches Of Normandy
June 06 2014 7:51 AM
On June 6, 1944, hundreds of thousands of Allied soldiers stormed five beaches of northern France. Today marks the 70th anniversary.
- Boko Haram Attacks Kill Hundreds In Multiple Villages
June 05 2014 8:30 AM
At least 200 Nigerians were killed in northeastern Nigeria; some areas are so remote that it has taken days for reports to reach authorities.