- Obama's New Clemency Program Prompts 18,000 Applications
June 03 2014 8:50 AM
Thousands of prisoners have applied for commuted sentences under President Obama's new drug clemency program.
- ‘Bring Back Our Girls’ Protests Banned In Nigeria
June 03 2014 8:30 AM
Nigerian police have banned protests in support of the more than 200 girls that were abducted by Boko Haram in April.
- Police Seal Off New Search Area In Madeleine McCann Case
June 02 2014 7:51 AM
British police officers have cordoned off an area near the Portuguese resort where the 3-year-old went missing seven years ago.
- Life After Microsoft: How Ballmer, Allen and Gates Are Spending Their Billions
May 30 2014 5:12 PM
From basketball to extraterrestrials to global health, the top Microsoft execs have pursued wildly different paths since leaving the company.
- Indianapolis Police Officer Shot On City’s Northeast Side, 3 Found Dead On Scene
May 30 2014 8:50 AM
The officer, who has not been identified, was shot but saved by a bulletproof vest he was wearing, police said.
- For Therapists, Isla Vista Mass Killings A Teachable Moment
May 29 2014 12:07 PM
For those in mental health and law enforcement, Elliott Rodger's killing spree is prompting discussions of how better to prevent such tragedies.
- Chinese Woman Beheads Cat, Sparks Outrage
May 29 2014 8:40 AM
A Chinese woman has apologized for decapitating a kitten and sharing pictures online.
- Tense Calm Blankets Donetsk After Deadly Airport Clash
May 28 2014 8:59 AM
Chechen leaders deny involvement in a clash between pro-Russian separatists and Ukrainian forces that killed dozens in Donetsk.
- GlaxoSmithKline Under Investigation By UK Fraud Agency
May 28 2014 8:14 AM
The U.K.’s Serious Fraud Office has opened a formal criminal investigation into the pharmaceutical company's commercial practices.
- Putin Says Russia Will ‘Respect’ The Outcome Of Ukraine Vote
May 23 2014 10:25 AM
Speaking in St Petersburg on Friday, Putin said he would “respect the choice of the Ukrainian people” in Sunday's upcoming presidential election.
- Two Dead After Violent Clashes In Istanbul
May 23 2014 8:27 AM
The violence, which took place in a working-class neighborhood, was the site of last year's anti-government demonstrations.
- Another Thai Coup, Another Maze Of Chaos
May 22 2014 11:57 AM
Despite past overthrows, the looming royal succession makes the latest military takeover even more fraught with danger.
- High Times Out West, But Not So High At Office
May 21 2014 6:09 PM
The recreational use of marijuana is legal in Colorado and Washington, but laws still allow employees who use it legally to be fired.
- Putin: Troop Pullback Aims For ‘Favorable Conditions’ For Ukraine Election
May 21 2014 11:39 AM
Russian President Vladimir Putin explains why he ordered his troops to pull back from regions near Ukraine.
- Twin Car Bomb Explosions In Nigeria Kill At Least 118
May 20 2014 3:38 PM
While no group has claimed responsibility, the region is known to be a hotbed for clashes between Christian and Muslim groups.
- Massive Sinkhole Appears On College Football Field
May 20 2014 8:18 AM
A giant sinkhole has opened at Austin Peay State University’s football stadium in Clarksville, Tenn.
- Train Crash Near Moscow Kills At Least 4
May 20 2014 7:34 AM
A freight train and passenger train collided outside of Moscow on Tuesday killing at least four people, Russia's Interior Ministry said.
- Journalists Dominate Twitter During Jill Abramson’s Commencement Speech
May 19 2014 2:03 PM
Hundreds of journalists and news outlets reacted on Twitter to Jill Abramson's commencement address at Wake Forest University.
- Activists Kidnap 2 Chinese Workers From Myanmar Mine
May 19 2014 9:14 AM
An activist group has claimed responsibility for kidnapping two Chinese workers at a copper mine in Myanmar.
- Chinese Navy Ship To Map Ocean Floor For Signs Of Flight MH370
May 19 2014 8:26 AM
Authorities have agreed to let a Chinese naval ship survey the seabed over the search area for the missing plane.