- 163 Million-Year-Old Flying Reptile Discovered In China
April 24 2014 4:15 PM
A fossil belonging to the oldest pterodactyloid has been discovered and named by a team of international scientists, according to a new study published in Current Biology.
- Blood Is Drawn As Ukraine Crisis Heats Up
April 24 2014 2:24 PM
Despite the Geneva agreement that provided a conflict-resolution outline for Ukraine, parties including Russia have started to move troops.
- Journalist Simon Ostrovsky Released In Ukraine
April 24 2014 1:26 PM
The reporter for Brooklyn-based Vice News was freed after being held by pro-Russian insurgents for two days.
- New Warhol Artwork Pops Out Of 30-Year-Old Floppy Disks
April 24 2014 11:05 AM
New artwork belonging to pop artist Andy Warhol was found on floppy disks from 1985 thanks to a project led by Carnegie Mellon University's computer club.
- Who Are The Journalists Captured In Ukraine?
April 23 2014 2:24 PM
Americans, Ukrainians and others have been detained in eastern Ukraine by pro-Russian forces, in one case for "incorrect reporting."
- New Mineral Discovered In Australia Is ‘Completely Unique’
April 23 2014 10:41 AM
A newly identified mineral found in a remote part of Australia has a unique chemistry and crystallography.
- 15 Quotes To Say Thanks On Administrative Professionals Day
April 23 2014 8:40 AM
Administrative Professionals Day, this year falling on April 23, recognizes the work of secretaries, administrative assistants, receptionists and other office administrators.
- Krypton Used To Date 120,000-Year-Old Antarctic Ice
April 22 2014 11:25 AM
A new technique using krypton has successfully dated an ancient piece of Antarctic ice.
- Neanderthals Had ‘Even Less’ Genetic Diversity Than Modern Humans, New DNA Study Shows
April 22 2014 11:01 AM
New DNA analysis of Neanderthal genomes shows that the human ancestors had a shallow gene pool.
- 25 Quotes To Share On Earth Day
April 22 2014 8:31 AM
A list of environmental quotes to share on Earth Day 2014.
- 10 Facts To Share On Earth Day
April 22 2014 8:25 AM
Earth Day, an international holiday to educate and raise awareness about environmental issues, is held on April 22 each year.
- Russia Says Ukraine Is 'Grossly Breaching' Deal
April 21 2014 1:54 PM
Less than a week after an agreement to resolve the crisis in Ukraine, new violence has been reported in the country's east section.
- Ancient ‘Glassy Globs’ Contain Plant Life ‘Trapped Inside’ For Millions Of Years
April 21 2014 10:34 AM
Fragments of ancient plant life were discovered encapsulated in impact glass from the Pampas of Argentina.
- Easter 2014 Quotes: 25 Sayings To Share During The Christian Holiday
April 19 2014 12:04 PM
A list of quotes to help celebrate Easter this year.
- Deal, What Deal? Pro-Russian Separatists Aren’t Going Anywhere
April 18 2014 12:31 PM
Despite an initial agreement by Russia, Ukraine and the West, agitators refuse to lay down their arms and vacate government buildings.
- 3 Facts You Need To Know About Good Friday
April 18 2014 9:46 AM
Good Friday, also known as Viernes Santo, falls on April 18, 2014.
- 300-Million-Year-Old Herbivore Ancestor Fossil Found In Kansas
April 17 2014 8:53 PM
A fossil belonging to the first terrestrial carnivore has been identified as Eocasea martini.
- Anti-Semitic Leaflets In Ukraine Bring Jews To Forefront Of Uprising
April 17 2014 3:49 PM
Questions swirl over anti-Semitic leaflets distributed in eastern Ukraine asking Jews in the region to “register” with pro-Russia separatists.
- Ukraine On ‘Brink Of Civil War’ As Diplomats Reach Agreement
April 17 2014 1:46 PM
Ukrainian, Russian and Western diplomats try to quell deepening unrest in Ukraine, but on the ground, the situation remains tense.
- Tiny Molecule Solves Major Fertility Mystery
April 16 2014 4:28 PM
Scientists have identified a protein that is essential for the fertilization process between sperm and egg.