- Permafrost Thawing May Lead To ‘Way More’ Carbon Dioxide In The Atmosphere
April 08 2014 11:34 AM
Melting permafrost in places like Sweden may lead to an accelerated warming trend, a new study suggests.
- Small Volcano Island Fuses With Another Off Japanese Coast
April 07 2014 2:41 PM
A small volcanic island that emerged in November has merged with a nearby island, according to data from NASA's Earth Observatory.
- 520 Million-Year-Old Shrimp Has Earliest Known Vascular System
April 07 2014 10:38 AM
Researchers uncovered a 520 million-year-old arthropod fossil that has the first-known cardiovascular system preserved in remarkable detail.
- 907-Pound Tuna May Set A Record
April 04 2014 11:34 AM
The Pacific bluefish tuna caught by New Zealand angler Donna Pascoe may be the largest of its kind to be caught via rod and reel.
- Skydiver Captures The Moment He Was Nearly Struck By A Giant Meteorite
April 03 2014 3:28 PM
Anders Helstrup, a Norwegian skydiver, has recently shared footage of a large object that passed by him during a jump. He claims it was a meteorite.
- 112 Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Chase Reconstructed In 3D
April 03 2014 12:40 PM
Dinosaur footprints excavated more than 70 years ago have been constructed using 3D technology. The findings, published in the journal PLOS ONE, reveal a dinosaur chase that took place during the Cretaceous period.
- Chupacabra Caught Alive In Texas?
April 03 2014 9:43 AM
A Texas family claims the "strange" animal caught in their backyard may be a baby chupacabra.
- Moon’s Age Found Thanks To New ‘Geologic’ Clock
April 02 2014 5:40 PM
Planetary scientists have determined that the moon formed nearly 100 million years after the start of the solar system, a new study suggests.
- Pollard Himself Opposed To Deal: Source
April 02 2014 2:13 PM
A Zionist leader who has spoken with him says the spy does not want to be freed in exchange for Israeli concessions.
- Dingo Not Just A Wild Dog? New Classification Gives Animal ‘Sky-High’ Importance
April 02 2014 10:37 AM
New findings dispel long-held beliefs about Australia's largest land predator.
- Why Do Zebras Have Stripes?
April 01 2014 5:27 PM
A new study poses an explanation to why zebras have black-and-white stripes on their bodies.
- April Fools’ Day 2014 Quotes: 15 Sayings To Share On The Prankster Holiday
April 01 2014 10:36 AM
A list of sayings to share on April Fools' Day 2014.
- 'I Don't Think They're Going To Find It'
April 01 2014 5:19 AM
Some search and rescue experts have grown doubtful that any debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 will be found.
- Swedish Family Catches 15-Inch Giant Rat In Kitchen
March 27 2014 10:00 AM
Since gaining Internet fame, a 15-inch rat caught in a Swedish family's home has been dubbed "Ratzilla."
- 520 Million-Year-Old Sea Creature Pulled Off A ‘Major’ Evolutionary Feat To Become ‘Top’ Predator
March 26 2014 4:24 PM
A new study found that an ancient sea creature known as Tamisiocaris evolved into a filter feeder, resembling modern whales and sharks.
- Hammerhead Shark Takes Kayaker On 2-Hour ‘South Florida Sleigh Ride’ [VIDEO]
March 26 2014 2:35 PM
Adam Fisk, a Florida Atlantic University senior, was dragged in his kayak for two hours by an 11-foot hammerhead shark.
- Goats Are Smart? Study Shows Animals Have ‘Excellent’ Long-Term Memories
March 26 2014 10:26 AM
A new study conducted by researchers at Queen Mary University of London suggests goats can learn new tasks quickly and have a remarkable ability to remember them for months to come.
- There Is ‘Goo’ In Our Bones?
March 25 2014 4:51 PM
A new study has proposed a new structure for bone mineral where the chemical citrate creates a "goo" that prevents bones from shattering.
- Two Fossils Belonging To The Same Turtle Bone Discovered Centuries Apart
March 25 2014 1:17 PM
An amateur fossil hunter found the second half to a giant sea turtle bone unearthed more than 160 years ago.
- Tolkien Reading Day 2014: 25 Inspirational Quotes From The Books Of J. R. R. Tolkien
March 25 2014 10:19 AM
Tolkienists around the world will gather this Tuesday to celebrate the works of acclaimed fantasy author, J.R.R. Tolkien.