- Sorry, Blarney Stone Has ‘Nothing To Do’ With Stonehenge
March 17 2014 3:47 PM
Theories surrounding the legendary Blarney Stone in Ireland have been debunked thanks to new research from the University of Glasgow.
- Antarctic Moss Gets Revived After 1,500 Years Trapped In Permafrost
March 17 2014 2:51 PM
Ancient moss found in Antarctic permafrost was regrown in a new study conducted by researchers from the British Antarctic Survey and Reading University.
- Five New Armored Spider Species Discovered Found In Chinese Caves
March 17 2014 12:52 PM
Five new armored spider species were discovered in the South China Karst, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, a new study reports.
- 25 Bits Of Wisdom To Share On St. Patrick's Day
March 16 2014 1:59 PM
A handy list of Irish quotes, blessings and toasts to share on the holiday.
- Purim 2014: When Does The Jewish Holiday Start And 5 Facts To Know
March 14 2014 12:59 PM
The Jewish holiday of Purim begins on the evening of March 15 and ends at sundown on March 16.
- 70 Million-Year-Old Pygmy Dinosaur Discovered In Alaska
March 13 2014 12:41 PM
Fossils belonging to a previously unidentified 70 million-year-old dinosaur were discovered in Alaska. The new species, Nanuqsaurus hoglundi, is a smaller version of a T. rex.
- 15-Year-Old Suspended After School Says Hand Gesture Represented Gang Sign
March 12 2014 2:27 PM
A photo taken of a 15-year-old Mississippi high school student led to his suspension for allegedly holding up a gang sign.
- New Ancient Crocodile Species Discovered, ‘Button Tooth Crocodile’ Identified By ‘Sheer Serendipity’ [PHOTO]
March 12 2014 11:04 AM
Two 126 million-year-old fossils found in the Isle of Wight belong to a previously unidentified crocodile species.
- 5 Malaysia Airlines Conspiracy Theories
March 11 2014 3:41 PM
Theories surrounding the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 have ranged from the plausible to the downright outrageous.
- ‘Monster’ Stars In Orion Nebula Destroy Nascent Planets, UV Regions Are ‘Downright Hazardous’
March 11 2014 12:27 PM
New data from the ALMA telescope has found that protostars within a certain distance from highly luminous O-type stars can destroy the raw materials needed to form new planets.
- Arlindo de Souza: Real-Life Popeye Injects Himself With Oil And Alcohol To Bulk Up [PHOTOS]
March 11 2014 10:34 AM
A 43-year-old Brazilian man resembles the cartoon character, Popeye the Sailor, after injecting himself with mineral oil and alcohol to make his muscles swell.
- You Won't Believe How Thin These LEDs Are
March 10 2014 3:54 PM
Only a few atoms wide, they are said to be stronger and more efficient than their thicker counterparts.
- National Napping Day: 5 Ways To Sleep At Work (Without Getting Caught)
March 10 2014 11:12 AM
To celebrate National Napping Day, below are five ways to catch some shuteye at work without getting caught.
- Giant Fireball Spotted Over Yellowknife [PHOTO]
March 07 2014 4:06 PM
A fireball was captured on camera in Yellowknife in northern Canada early Thursday morning.
- Will Lydia Cross The Atlantic Ocean? Great White Shark Spotted ‘Closer To Europe' Than North America [PHOTO]
March 07 2014 2:32 PM
A great white shark named Lydia may be the first of her species to cross the Atlantic Ocean.
- International Women’s Day: 25 Sayings That Empower Women
March 07 2014 10:33 AM
International Women’s Day, which celebrates global gender equality, will take place on March 8.
- ‘Rocket Cats’ In The 16th Century? Illustrations Show Animals Strapped To ‘Jet Of Fire’
March 06 2014 4:18 PM
A 16th century German military manual shows images of jet packs strapped to cats and doves.
- Who Is Katheryn Deprill? ‘Burger King Baby’ Searches For Birth Mother On Facebook [PHOTO]
March 06 2014 2:18 PM
A 27-year-old woman who was abandoned as a child in a Burger King bathroom posted a photo on Facebook in a quest to find her birth mother.
- New Dinosaur Species Discovered In Europe, ‘Torvosaurus Gurneyi’ Was A ‘Super Predator’ [PHOTO]
March 06 2014 10:40 AM
Fossilized remains found in Portugal may belong to a new dinosaur species believed to be the largest predator in Europe during the late Jurassic period.
- What is Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease? 3 Facts About The Prion Disorder That Killed Sandi Tucker Kennedy
March 05 2014 3:15 PM
Sandi Tucker Kennedy, a Maine mother of four, died on Monday from Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.