- First Legal LSD Trial In Decades Indicates Potential Benefits
March 05 2014 10:14 AM
The first controlled study of LSD in more than 40 years has been published in The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease.
- 160-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Fauna Identified, ‘Daohugou Biota’ Fossils Are ‘Stunning’ Finds [PHOTO]
March 04 2014 4:34 PM
Daohugou Biota, a newly identified dinosaur fauna, may shed light on the evolutionary history of vertebrates.
- Paczki Day 2014: History And Facts About The Traditional Polish Doughnut
March 04 2014 2:29 PM
Paczki Day, a holiday celebrated in large Polish communities across the United States on Fat Tuesday, revolves around a small jelly-filled doughnut.
- When Does Lent Start In 2014? 5 Facts You Need To Know About The Christian Observance
March 04 2014 10:59 AM
An explanation on the origins, practices and history of the Lenten season.
- 30,000-Year-Old ‘Giant’ Virus Revived, Can It Infect Humans?
March 03 2014 4:54 PM
A 30,000-year-old virus found in Siberian permafrost was revived, suggesting that other pathogenic viruses may get a second life as global temperatures rise.
- Did Neanderthals Speak? 60,000-Year-Old Hyoid Bone Is ‘Virtually Indistinguishable’ From Our Own
March 03 2014 3:06 PM
A new study on a 60,000-year-old Neanderthal hyoid bone suggests that the early-human species had the ability to produce speech.
- Mardi Gras 2014: Guide To Vocabulary, Terms And Words Used For Fat Tuesday
March 03 2014 12:58 PM
A guide to traditional words, terms and French vocabulary to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
- Oscars 2014 Quotes: 21 Jokes, Sayings And Acceptance Speeches From The 86th Academy Awards
March 03 2014 10:13 AM
A list of the best quotes shared during the 86th Academy Awards on March 2.
- ‘Shark’s Eye’ Cameras Have ‘Drawn Back The Veil’ On How The Ocean Predators Live [VIDEO]
February 28 2014 11:34 AM
New research using cameras mounted on sharks have captured never-before-seen footage of how the ocean predators eat, swim and live.
- Mardi Gras 2014: List Of Popular Parade Routes, Schedules From Feb. 28 To March 4
February 28 2014 9:15 AM
A list of the most popular Mardi Gras parade routes in New Orleans between Friday, Feb. 28 and March 4.
- 500-Year-Old Mummy Killed By ‘Really Severe Hits’ To The Skull, Was The Incan Woman Ritually Sacrificed?
February 27 2014 12:11 PM
A recent study that examined the remains of a 500-year-old South American mummy suggests she was killed by blunt force trauma to the skull.
- ‘Polar Bear Capital Of The World’ Now On Google Maps; New Photos ‘Connect People To The Arctic’
February 27 2014 9:57 AM
The Arctic town of Churchill, Manitoba, in northern Canada was captured on Google Maps, offering an unprecedented view of polar bears.
- Who Is Tariqka Sheffey? US Army Soldier Posts Controversial Instagram Selfie Avoiding Flag Salute [PHOTO]
February 26 2014 4:55 PM
A U.S. Army soldier is receiving harsh criticism after posting a photo of herself on Instagram while avoiding a flag salute.
- ‘Desert Breath’ Seen From Google Earth, Mysterious Spiral Symbolizes The ‘Passage Of Time’
February 26 2014 1:54 PM
A mysterious spiral spotted on Google Earth in an Egyptian desert is credited to an artist that created the installation artwork in March 1997.
- What Is Rat-Bite Fever? 5 Facts About The Disease That Killed 10-Year-Old Aidan Pankey
February 26 2014 11:06 AM
Ways to spot, treat and prevent streptobacillus moniliformis, also known as rat-bite fever.
- Oscar Quotes: 15 Memorable Sayings From Past Academy Awards Acceptance Speeches
February 25 2014 4:28 PM
With the 86th Academy Awards less than a week away, below are 15 memorable quotes from past acceptance speeches.
- Water Discovered On Jupiter-Sized Exoplanet
February 25 2014 1:47 PM
A planet the size of Jupiter outside our solar system contains water, according to a new study.
- Largest Solar Flare Of 2014 Erupts
February 25 2014 11:57 AM
An X-class solar flare, which may be the largest recorded this year, erupted at 7:50 p.m. EST on Monday.
- Fort Caroline Found? Oldest Fortified Settlement In North America May Be Located In Georgia
February 21 2014 3:53 PM
A new study has located Fort Caroline approximately 70 miles away from where researchers thought it stood.
- 70 Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Skull Found In Canada, Rare Fossil May Belong To Mature Pachyrhinosaur
February 21 2014 3:05 PM
An ancient, 6-foot-long skull belonging to a large pachyrhinosaur was discovered in the Alberta Badlands.