With several million albums sold, a record-breaking string of number one hits and a distinct personal style lauded by legions of fashion lovers, Rihanna has made a permament mark on pop culture in more ways -- and hairstyles -- than one.
She's unaplogetic about simply living her life to the fullest and in the manner she finds most fulfilling, an honesty that has inspired and captured the imaginations of an army of devoted fans worldwide. In celebration of the Barbadian beauty's 26th birthday today, we've gathered together a few of Rihanna's best quotes about love, following your heart and always staying true to yourself.
1. "When a door closes you have two choices: give up, or keep going"
2."I'm the type that don't give a f**k"
3. "I think a lot of people are afraid of being happy because of what others might think of it"
4. "I'm in a positive space, but I do have my days. Everybody has their days."
5. "I never know what day it is. Never, ever, ever."
6. "You don't want to live your life and then meet someone. You want to share your life with someone. That's what I'm missing right now."
7."God just has a way of working things out the way he wants to and you have no say in that."
8. "I don't do things for the response or for the controversy. I just live my life."
9. "When I was fourteen and first started going out, I always wanted to be the opposite of everyone else. So I would go to the club in a polo T-shirt and pants and sneakers and a hat on backward, just so I would not be dressed like other girls."
10. "If someone is right for you, you'll know it."
11. "I have too many clothes, I have too many options."
12. "When you realize who you live for, and who's important to please, a lot of people will actually start living. I am never going to get caught up in that. I'm gonna look back on my life and say that I enjoyed it - and I lived it for me."
13. "The bottom line is that everyone thinks differently."
14. "You have to just accept your body. You may not love it all the way, but you just have to be comfortable with it, comfortable with knowing that that's your body."
15. "It is one thing to record an album but it's a huge difference when people play it and listen to it and embrace it the way that I do. It has always been my dream to get my music out to the world and have people hear it."
16. "People think, because we're young, we aren't complex, but that's not true. We deal with life and love and broken hearts in the same way a woman a few years older might."
17. "It's tougher to be vulnerable than to actually be tough."
18. "Attention is something I've learned to ignore. This is what I do: I live my life and they document it."
19. "Let go of the things that make you feel dead. Life is worth living!"
20. "I feel like itís hard for everybody! I donít think it has anything to do with being famous."