Monday was a sad day for the entertainment world as well as the animal rights community. “Simpsons” co-creator Sam Simon died at the age of 59 in his Los Angeles home Sunday, Variety reported. He was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2012.
The “Simpsons” co-creator and philanthropist was an avid Twitter user who posted messages about animal rights until his death. He called out celebrities like Britney Spears for swimming with dolphins and denounced SeaWorld. He shared pictures of people in China eating “man’s best friend” and he promoted veganism.
To celebrate Simon the animal rights activist and philanthropist, some quotes of his are listed below, courtesy of Brainy Quote. Check them out:
1. "I want medical experiments on animals stopped. They don't do anything, and they don't work."
2. "Veganism is an answer for almost every problem facing the world in terms of hunger and climate change."
3. "I was just an animal lover. Everything that the Sam Simon Foundation does is supposed to help dogs and people -- that's our mission."
4. "One of the things about animal rights, which is not the only thing that I care about in this world, is that your money can bring success. I see results."
5. "With 'The Simpsons,' people didn't know what they were gonna see. They didn't have a clue."
6. "Boxing should probably be banned. But until then, I'm a big fan."
7. "Work made me crazy. I was tough to get along with."
8. "I'm supporting the charities that I supported during my lifetime, and I want to continue to do that."
9. "I don't believe in miracles."
10. “I'm just a kid from Beverly Hills that got lucky.”
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella