Samsung vowed Tuesday to fight Apple's request to ban U.S. sales of some of its smartphones from U.S. stores following its landmark lawsuit verdict last week.
Apple has asked a San Jose, Calif., federal court for injunctions on Samsung's Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S2 (AT&T), Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile), Galaxy S2 Epic 4G, Galaxy S Showcase, Droid Charge and Galaxy Prevail. Apple earlier was granted an injunction banning Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet.
"We will take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of our products in the U.S. market," Samsung said in a statement reported by USA Today.
A nine-person jury found last week that Samsung had willfully infringed design and software patents covering iPads and iPhones. If the $1.05 billion damage award is upheld, it will be one of the largest verdicts in patent history.
Apple could seek a a permanent ban on as many as 28 of the Samsung devices that the jury found had infringed on its intellectual property.
Over the next few weeks Apple and Samsung are expected to be filing post-trial motions to the court.
Moody's said Tuesday that the verdict is credit negative for Samsung, but it will not have any immediate impact on the company's A1 rating and stable outlook, Reuters reported.