With only two more days to go for Samsung’s (KRX:005935) Sept. 4 media event in Berlin, where the company is expected to unveil its next-generation Galaxy Note 3, a new report has claimed that the handset’s Long Term Evolution, or LTE, variant has turned up on the Global Certification Forum, or GCF.
According to SamMobile, the GCF certification of the LTE model of the Galaxy Note 3 includes the model number SM-N9005. The certification reveals that the handset supports LTE 2100/1800/850/1600/800Mhz (Band1,3,5,7,20), WCDMA 2100/1900/900/850Mhz and GSM 1900/1800/900/850 Mhz frequencies, suggesting that the device could support most networks around the world.
However, a separate model of the Galaxy Note 3 is also expected, which will be dedicated to networks available in China, the report said.
SamMobile reported in August that the Galaxy Note 3 would be available in two variants -- SM-N900 and SM-N9005 -- with the latter expected to feature 3GB LPDDR3 RAM and LTE connectivity.
Continue Reading Below
Meanwhile, an image of a purported developer unit of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 appeared online on Sunday, suggesting that the corners of the handset could be less rounded than its predecessor, the Note 2. The image also indicated that the bezel on the Note 3 could be thinner.
In addition, notorious Twitter tipster, Evleaks, recently leaked what was claimed to be the lock-screen wallpaper of the Galaxy Note 3. The image, which carriers many colors, has a resolution of 1920x1920, indicating that the device could sport a 1080p resolution.
According to rumors, the LTE variant of the Galaxy Note 3 will be powered by a Snapdragon 800 CPU, clocking at 2.3GHz, and an Adreno 330 GPU. The device is expected to have a 5.68-inch Full HD 1080p Super AMOLED display, a 13-megapixel rear camera, 32/64GB storage and a microSD slot, 3,200mAh battery and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Reports said that the Snapdragon 800 processor would power 70 to 80 percent of the Galaxy Note 3, while the Exynos 5420 Chipset will be featured on the remaining 20 percent to 30 percent of handsets.
Samsung is rumored to release the Galaxy Note 3 on Sept. 27 in Taiwan, while the handset could be up for pre-orders on Sept. 16. Some other reports also said that, Three UK, a U.K.-based carrier would also get the new smartphone on Sept. 16, almost two weeks after its expected unveiling.