The Samsung Galaxy S2 is the hottest next generation smartphone which has yet to hit U.S. retailers. It has been a hot seller internationally, recently surpassing 3 million units sold, according to Samsung.
The South Korean-electronics maker is touting the phone's big screen, its speed and its thinness.
Vivid-Fast-Slim, the electronics maker proclaims in marketing materials.
The phone features a 4.3 Super Amoled screen, dual core processor and an ultra-slim profile.
With the screen, users will see every detail and experience the spectacle of sight.
One advantage of the screen is its ultrafast response time for smoother graphics and PC-like browsing,' Samsung says.
The phone's Live Panel customizable software allows easy access for users to see personalized content such as photos, music, video text messages, e-mail, notes games and weather all on the same screen.
A Reader's Hub will allow access to books, magazines and newspapers that Samsung says will be readable with crisp, sharp text.
The phone also features Android 2.3, the operating system code-named Gingerbread, which promises faster speeds, and power management for applications to extend battery life. The phone also provides Adobe Flash player capabilities, which translates to easy viewing of YouToube videos.
- HSPA+21Mbps for improved video streaming
- Wi-Fi Direct, which allows for device-to-device transfer speeds of Wi-Fi without a wireless access point.
- Samsung Kies 2.0 & Kies air - Allows for syncing with a computer using a Wi-Fi network for PIM backup for personal information. Management on a PC for the phone information is also available
- AllShare - wireless link to TV, laptop or audio system to play multimedia files directly from the phone. The synchronization standard used is DLNA.
- 8MP Camera with LED Flash
- Full HD Recording & Playback - 1080p recording capability
- Say N Go: Samsung Voice Solution allows for voice activated functions for calling, music, messaging, scheduling and launching apps. Other features include note-taking.
- Social Hub - Sofware puts email, SMS, IM and SNS information in one box
- NFC - short-range wireless technology allows contactless credit card payments in a secure link which can be used for ticket reservations, transit pass or electronic door entry.
- Game Hub - Software to download games, over 20 social network games and premium games. The phone features an accelerometer, gyroscope sensors for game control.
- Music Hub - Music downloads and purchases are made through software powered by 7digital, along with viewable artist bios, recommendations.
- Microsoft Exchange Active Sync - Secure access to resources on a Microsoft Exchange server for business e-mail, calendards, contacts, and task synchronization.
- ON Device Encryption - Protect mobile data through encrypted hardware
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) - the Samsung Galaxy S2 uses Cisco's AnyConnect to provide for encrypted network connections.
- MDM (Mobile Device Management) - The phone can extend corporate security policies to the Samsung Android platform
- Cisco WebEx - Allows secure online meetings to view shared desktops, browsers and applications.