Pack your bags, movie lovers! San Diego Comic-Con 2016 kicks off on Thursday, July 21, and you won’t want to miss a minute of the fun.
Comic-Con is not just for comic fanatics. Your favorite stars from recent releases, as well as upcoming films, will also be in attendance. Check out a list of some of the top movie panels hitting SDCC 2016:
Thursday, July 21
- Feed Your Head: The VFX of “Alive Through The Looking Glass” (10AM in Room 6A):“Alice Through the Looking Glass” hit theaters in May, but San Diego Comic-Con is giving attendees a chance to dive deeper into Wonderland. The panel will explore the visual effects process, as well as feature “exclusive footage not seen in the theater.”
- Dreamworks Animation Theatrical (10AM in Hall H): Get a first look at the upcoming computer-animated musical comedy, “Trolls”! This flick is based on the iconic Troll dolls and stars Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Zooey Deschanel, Russell Brand, James Corden and Gwen Stefani. The flick is not scheduled to hit theaters until November, but fans can sit in on a panel with Kendrick, Timberlake and Mintz-Plasse. The actors will be joined by film director Mike Mitchell, co-director Walt Dohrn and producer Gina Shay.
- Relaunching the “Battlestar” Franchise (10:30AM in Room 6BCF): The “Battlestar Galactica” movie was only announced earlier this year, but Universal is ready to promote the relaunch of the franchise. Producer Alec Peter will be on hand with some special guests to discuss the upcoming flick and future plans for the “Battlestar Galactica” franchise.
- Happy Happy Joy Joy (11:15AM in Room 6A): Dying for some scoop on the upcoming “Hey Arnold” movie? You won’t want to miss this panel with some of Nickelodeon’s most influential creators. “Hey Arnold” creator Craig Bartlett will reveal some production art from the new movie.
- “Snowden” (11:45AM in Hall H): Director Oliver Stone will make his first appearance at Comic-Con to promote his upcoming biographical political thriller, “Snowden.” Stars Joseph Gorden-Levitt, Shailene Woodley and Zachary Quinto will join the director.
- “Moana”: Art of Story (12:30PM in Room 6A): Directors Ron Clements and John Musker have directed many Disney classics, like “The Little Mermaid,” “Aladdin, “Hercules,” “Treasure Plane” and “Princess and the Frog.” The duo will be leading a panel of artists at Comic-Con to talk about their upcoming animated adventure, Disney’s “Moana.”
- “Sausage Party” Filmmaker Conversation (6:30PM in Horton Grand Theatre): Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg take the stage to discuss their dive into the world of animation. Their upcoming movie, “Sausage Party,” is the world’s first R-rated CG animated comedy. A screening of the movie will also occur later that evening.
Friday, July 22
- “Captain America: Civil War” Screenwriting Q&A (1PM in Horton Grand Theatre): You’ve already watched “Captain America: Civil War” in theaters, now hear what screen writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have to say about adapting the comic for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- “Beauty and the Beast”: 25th Anniversary (4:30PM in Room 5AB): Fall in love with this Disney classic all over again. “Beauty and the Beast” directors Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise will join producer Don Hahn to discuss the making of the animated movie on its 25th anniversary.
- “Sharknado: The 4th Awakening” (7:15PM In Room 6A): You don’t need to wait until July 31 to get a first look at “Sharknado: The 4th Awakening.” Stars Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, Ryan Newman, Stacey Dash, Cody Linley, Masiela Lusha will join director Anthony Ferrante to explain the new plot twist and air new clips.
Saturday, July 23
- Back to the 90s: Nickelodeon’s “All That Reunion” And “Legends Of The Hidden Temple” (11:15AM in Room 6A): Get a first look at the upcoming TV movie based on the classic Nickelodeon game show “Legends of the Hidden Temple.” Returning cast members Kirk Fogg and Dee Bradley Baker will be in attendance.
- Warner Bros. Pictures (11:30AM in Hall H): This panel is top secret, only revealing that those in attendance will get a “sneak peek at upcoming releases.”
- Marvel Studios (5:30PM in Hall H): Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige will give attendees an “inside look at the ever expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe.”
- Kevin Smith (7PM in Hall H): Join Kevin Smith as he previews his upcoming movie, “Yoga Hosers,” as well as his exciting TV projects.