Diet & Fitness
- French Fries or Apples? Food Ads Sway Kids More than Parents
October 07 2011 2:12 AM
Advertisements have more influence on children's food choices than their parents, according to a study from Texas.
- Emergency Rooms See 60% Increase in Visits From Kids for Concussions: Report
October 06 2011 2:07 PM
CDC report shows that there has been a 60 percent increase in kids who come in for TBIs.
- Mild Stroke Patients Should Be Checked for Depression, Visual Problems: Study
October 04 2011 2:37 PM
Study suggests that doctors check with mild stroke patients about depression and other effects.
- Denmark 'Fat Tax' Targets Popular Junk Foods: Will Other Countries Follow?
October 03 2011 1:44 PM
On Saturday, Denmark became the first country in the world to introduce a fat tax, surcharge on unhealthy foods that are high in saturated fat for in hopes of curbing bad eating habits.
- The 100 Foods Dr. Oz Wants in Your Shopping Cart [List]
October 01 2011 11:12 PM
Dr. Mehmet Oz, TV's most popular medical expert, wants to keep you looking and feeling your best, so he has posted a shopping list on his Web site with 100 foods to try.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: A History of Healing
October 01 2011 3:32 PM
October marks National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This month is all about spreading awareness and support about breast cancer and those whose lives have been affected by the disease.
- Blue-Collar Workers More Likely to Smoke Than Educators, Management: Study
September 30 2011 2:50 PM
Study shows that smoking is more common among blue-collar workers.
- Dog Owners Get More Exercise Thanks to Their Furry Friends, Poll Shows
September 26 2011 6:56 PM
Dog owners are more likely than non-dog owners to get exercise they need.
- Fourteen States Report Infections from Listeria Outbreak Linked to Cantaloupe
September 22 2011 9:35 PM
Fourteen states have people infected from listeria-tainted cantaloupes.
- Low Blood Sugar Increases Desire for Unhealthy Foods, Especially in the Obese: Study
September 20 2011 10:31 PM
Study finds that food cravings can depend on blood sugar levels.
- Step Away From the Computer! Exercise May Help Teen Smokers Quit the Habit, Study Says
September 20 2011 5:13 PM
Study shows that exercise may help teenagers quit smoking.
- Diabetes Patients are Vulnerable to Dementia: Study
September 20 2011 4:37 AM
Scientists at a Japanese university say people suffering from diabetes have a greater chance of developing dementia.
- Chuck Schumer Gets in on Apple Juice Arsenic Levels Debate
September 18 2011 1:39 PM
Sen. Chuck Schumer calls for national arsenic standard.
- White Fruits, Vegetables May Help Lower Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
September 16 2011 5:47 PM
Study shows that white fruits and vegetables are linked to lower stroke risk.
- Obesity Pill Manufacturers to Take Another Shot at FDA Approval for Contrave, Lorqess, Qnexa
September 16 2011 4:33 PM
Three companies will ask FDA to approve their obesity pills.
- Yellow on the Eyelids? You Could be at Risk for Heart Attack, Study Says
September 16 2011 2:42 PM
Yellow markings around eyes can mean heart attack, according to a study.
- Best Hospitals in the U.S. Named, 7 Are Good for Children’s Asthma
September 15 2011 5:24 PM
The Joint Commission has released its 2010 list of top-performing U.S. hospitals.
- Got Bad Body Odor? Blame it on Mom and Dad
September 15 2011 3:02 PM
Genetics play a role in what has been referred to as “fishy odor syndrome,” a study shows.
- Michigan Governor Puts Child Obesity on Health To-Do List
September 14 2011 3:55 PM
Governor announced plan that will track child obesity throughout the state.
- 336 Million People Affected with Diabetes Worldwide: IDF
September 14 2011 6:58 AM
Around 366 million people worldwide are affected with diabetes, reported the International Diabetes Federation (IDF).