London police are still investigating the unexplained death of whistleblower Sean Hoare who was found dead at his apartment on Monday.

Meanwhile, a post-mortem examination is underway, according to the Agence France-Presse, or AFP.

Police have said they don't think Hoare's death is suspicious.

The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing, said a police statement, as reported by AFP. The man's next of kin have been informed and the family are being supported by police at this sad time.

It has been reported that the 47-year-old deceased battled drinking and drug addiction from his time spent as a showbusiness reporter.

Hoare, former News of the World reporter, has claimed that extensive phone hacking was taking place at the paper more than it had acknowledged. News of the World closed its doors earlier this month.

Hoare alleged that former editor at News of the World Andy Coulson knew about the phone hacking and encouraged it.

Last year, Hoare told the New York Times that Coulson was aware of the phone hacking that took place at The Sun and The News of the World. Both papers are owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.

The mist damaging allegation in the News of the World scandal is that journalists hacked in to the voicemail of missing British teen Milly Dowler, who was eventually found dead.

Rupert Murdoch, his son James, and their former top executive Rebekah Brooks will go before the Home Affairs Committee in London on Tuesday to answer questions from Members of Parliament regarding the phone hacking scandal that brought down News of the World and led to the resignation of two of London's top cops.