Authorities said the circumstances surrounding the death of former News of the World reporter Sean Hoare doesn't appear to be suspicious.
Hoare was a whistleblower in the phone hacking scandal that is shaking the Rupert Murdoch empire and led to the closure of the News of the World tabloid.
Hoare was found dead on Monday at his home in Watford, England.
Hoare has alleged that former editor at News of the World Andy Coulson knew about the phone hacking and encouraged it.
Last year, Hoare told the New York Times that Coulson was aware of the phone hacking that took place at The Sun and The News of the World. Both papers are owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.
London police arrested Coulson last week. Coulson denies knowing about the phone hacking. Police also arrested Murdoch's top executive Rebekah Brooks in connection with the incident.
Hertfordshire Police has said that around 10:40 a.m. that morning they were called to Langley Road, Watford, concerning a man living on that street, a news agency reported.
When police and medics arrived at the scene, the man's body was found, and he was pronounced dead shortly after.
The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing, police said in a statement according to a report.
Hoare told the Guardian last week, that he hoped the hacking scandal would result in the cleaning up of journalism in general. Hoare also said he blew the whistle on what some of his former colleagues were doing with that aim in mind, according to the Guardian.
At least two of Britain's top cops have resigned as a result of the ongoing phone hacking and police bribery allegations.