Security Tool is a computer virus pretending to be a security application and is promoted through pop-ups, trojans and malware webites.
It tells you that there is a virus in your computer and will trick you into installing the program. The rogue anti-spyware programs are distributed through websites that simulate virus scans, then the user is told to download the software to clean his PC.
Once installed, the Security Tool will start automatically each time you turn on your PC and log in to Windows. Then it will start scanning your computer and show you a list of fake infections.
When you try to clean the infected files, you are prompted to buy the software.
To get rid of this software, you need MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, a legitimate software that will get you rid of all those rogue applications and malware.
How to remove Security Tool:
* Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
* Install the mbam-setup.exe file.
* To install it, just press next and don’t edit any options if you are not sure what you’re doing.
* After the installation is ready, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will start automatically and will require you to update the software, so just press OK.
* Go to the Scan tab, select “Perform Quick Scan” and press “Scan.”
* MalwareBytes Anti Malware will now scan all your PC for malware, including the Security Tool.
* You will see a “The Scan completed successfully. Click ‘Show Results’ to display all objects found” prompt once the scan is finished. Press OK.
* Now press “Show Results.”
* You will see a list of malware applications, including the Rogue.SecurityTool. Be sure to select them all and press “Remove Selected.”
* After MalwareBytes Anti Malware finishes the cleaning, you can close the program and be sure your PC is clean.