Shazam announced its Super Bowl 2012 kickoff Thursday, revealing that the entire Super Bowl, Super Bowl halftime show and almost half of all Super Bowl commercials can be tagged to win amazing prizes like cars, Best Buy gift cards and more.
Shazam, the audio recognition app, has been fully integrated into Super Bowl 2012, making this the first Shazamable Super Bowl. Formerly used to retrieve song information and access purchasing capabilities, now Shazam is offering a complete Super Bowl 2012 experience.
According to Reuters, those using the Shazam app (click here to download) can use it to tag a play or advertisement during Super Bowl 2012 to access live statistics, unlock new immersive advertising experiences, qualify for sweepstakes, participate in polls, support charities and obtain discount offers and free downloads. Users can also share their activity with friends on Facebook or Twitter.
Shazam boasts more than 175 million users worldwide and has chosen Super Bowl 2012 to launch its Shazam for TV platform. Just open the app and Shazam's Super Bowl second screen will retrieve the unlocked information.
The big story Sunday during the game and Monday at the water cooler and in executive offices around the country will be that so many of the advertisements in the Super Bowl were Shazamable, said David Jones, EVP of marketing at Shazam. This will be the year of the Shazamable TV ad.
How Can You Win?
Here is a list of the Shazam-enabled Super Bowl 2012 commercials, via Wireless and Mobile News:
- Toyota - the ad will include a sweepstake to win two Camrys - one for you and one for a friend.
- Best Buy - Best Buy's spot will feature two of Shazam's founders. Additionally, Best Buy is running a $50 gift card offer for consumers looking to buy and activate a mobile phone in 2012 when they tag the ad.
- Cars.com - when viewers use Shazam to tag the ad, Cars.com will donate $1 to one of seven charities, up to a maximum $100,000.
- Pepsi - the new ad that features the winner of the X-FACTOR - Melanie Amaro performing Otis Redding's song Respect - will invite people to unlock a free video.
- Teleflora - viewers who tag Teleflora's Give ad starring super model Adriana Lima will receive a secret offer.
- Plus, a number of other commercials including GE, Relativity's new Navy SEALs action-thriller, Act of Valor and Disney's upcoming movie John Carter will be Shazam-enabled, providing great offers and more.
Super Bowl 2012 Stats at Your Fingertips
- Access up-to-the-minute statistics to keep track of all the key plays and players;
- Participate in polls about the game and ads with other fans;
- Share their experience with their friends on Facebook and Twitter;
- Conveniently purchase merchandise including hats to jerseys and much more from Shazam's mobile store.
Super Bowl Halftime Show 2012 Shazam Capabilities
Through a partnership with Bud Light, the Super Bowl halftime show 2012 starring Madonna, Nicki Minaj, MIA, Cee-Lo Green and LMFAO will be Shazam-enabled. When people use the Shazam app during the halftime show, they can unlock exclusive content and experience more by the artists.