An electrical fire prompted a mass evacuation of the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel Saturday morning, ABC15.com quoted the Phoenix Fire Department as saying. Fire crews began ushering hotel guests out after multiple explosions. No injuries have been reported.
Local media outlets reported thick smoke billowing out from a hotel utility room, but no active fire. The 31-story hotel is located on 3rd and Van Buren streets in downtown Phoenix.
About 100 fire units were dispatched to assist hotel guests and staffers at the building. The fire department later said the explosions were caused by an electrical fire on the first floor.
— Pete Suratos (@PeteSuratosTV) October 25, 2014
— Marla Lichtman-Cruz (@Marlafaith3) October 25, 2014