- The Keys To Sri Lanka, Saudi Arabia Migrant Labor Rights Deal
March 07 2014 11:03 AM
An estimated 500,000 Sri Lankan workers – about three-fifths of whom are women -- in the Kingdom.
- Seeking Aid From The Enemy
March 07 2014 10:47 AM
Though their two nations are officially hostile, Syrians injured in the country's civil war and Israeli medical workers have managed to get past that.
- Chocolates For Mrs. Assad: Syria From Inside The Regime
March 07 2014 9:43 AM
A Dutch journalist and a Belgian photographer set out across war-torn Syria with a wild plan: to interview President Bashar Assad. Here's what happened.
- Where Exactly Are North Korea's Military Forces Located?
March 07 2014 6:45 AM
Tanks, planes, and ships: here is what North Korea's armed forces are working with.
- India Agrees To Help Provide Bangladesh With More Electric Power
March 06 2014 5:16 PM
India currently provides her neighbor with 500 MW of electricity.
- The Real Culprit Behind China's High Housing Prices
March 06 2014 2:37 PM
A Chinese property tycoon blamed bureaucratic red tape for unsustainable housing prices.
- Why Did Three Persian Gulf States Suddenly Pull Their Envoys Out Of Qatar?
March 06 2014 2:12 PM
Qatar has long annoyed its fellow GCC members, particularly Saudi Arabia.
- Russia, Ukraine And Sanctions: A Double-Edged Sword
March 06 2014 1:27 PM
Russia’s actions in Crimea may well lead Russia to be shunned and isolated by the world community.
- 5 Afghan Soldiers Killed In NATO-Led Airstrike
March 06 2014 7:04 AM
Afghan president Hamid Karzai has ordered an investigation into the attack by NATO, which said it will be conducting an internal inquiry.
- Drone Captures Rare View Of Mansion Owned By China's Former Security Chief
March 06 2014 2:29 AM
Zhou Yongkang is reportedly under virtual house arrest, while the government investigates charges of corruption against him and his colleagues.
- Israel Says It Intercepted Missiles Headed From Iran To Gaza
March 05 2014 2:46 PM
In the early hours of Wednesday morning the IDF intercepted rockets it says were bound for the Gaza Strip.
- Laos: Rapid Economic Growth Leaving Rural Poor Behind
March 05 2014 1:35 PM
Laos has consistently delivered 8 percent annual GDP growth over the past decade.
- What You Need To Know About China's Defense Budget
March 05 2014 12:56 PM
With its defense budget, China is making a statement. And how do India, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and the Philippines compare?
- Why China Hiked Defense Spending By Double Digits
March 05 2014 5:47 AM
Asia Pacific is the only region that saw an increase in defense budgets between 2009 and 2014, while the world’s total saw annual declines.
- Damascus Small Businesses And The War
March 05 2014 5:46 AM
In Syria's capital, merchants caught between rebels and the regime try to do business as usual. Amid the civil war, that's not working.
- Welcome to the Embassy of Satan!
March 04 2014 5:20 PM
The former U.S. embassy in Tehran is a bizarre, must-see tourist site and a focal point for enduring anti-American sentiment.
- Bikes For Bengalis: Japan’s Honda Operating Motorcycle Plant In Bangladesh
March 04 2014 12:38 PM
The CD-80 model is priced at 11,000 Taka (about $142), which costs less than an imported motorcycle
- Caterpillar's Russia Problem
March 04 2014 10:40 AM
For more than a decade Caterpillar has made big bets on Russian trade, but growth could be at risk if the United States imposes sanctions.
- The Separatist Movement Behind The Deadly Attack In China
March 01 2014 9:28 PM
The brutal attack that has left 33 dead and 130 more wounded is said to be the work of separatists from an autonomous region in northwest China.
- New Video Game Has Chinese Shooting What?
February 28 2014 12:13 PM
A new video game released by China's government newspaper takes aim at the Japanese.