- Why Australia's Beef Exporters Really Like South Korea
December 05 2013 12:17 PM
Total bilateral trade between South Korea and Australia amounted to about $29 billion last year.
- David Cameron On China: 'We Want China To Succeed' - But Is It Too Little, Too Late?
December 05 2013 5:19 AM
Cameron was singing a different tune -- one of mutual cooperation -- during his China visit earlier this week. Some Chinese don't buy it.
- 2014: More Uncertainty Awaits 'Fragile 5’ Economies
December 04 2013 4:27 PM
Each of the “fragile five” countries faces an election in 2014.
- Pakistani Man In Dubai Kills Daughters, Himself Over Financial Debts
December 04 2013 11:00 AM
The majority of people in the UAE are foreign migrant workers, principally from India, Pakistan and The Philippines
- The Cypriot Solution To Its Banking Crisis
December 04 2013 9:25 AM
Find out how Cypriots are hedging against the banking crisis and skirting strict capital controls on their bank accounts.
- Chinese Patriots Rally To Nation, Not Government
December 04 2013 6:05 AM
While many Chinese conversations turn patriotic as tensions flare over the Diaoyu/Senkaku islands, many still can't get behind the government.
- China Service Sector Holds Steady, PMI Shows
December 03 2013 9:17 PM
Both HSBC and official surveys show growth remains in positive territory.
- Biden’s East Asia Trip A Balancing Act
December 02 2013 6:55 AM
Japan expects Washington’s support in its air defense zone dispute with China, but the vice president also needs to diffuse tensions with Beijing.
- China, US, Japan Jets Tail Each Other
November 29 2013 9:04 PM
China's unilateral declaration of an "air defense zone" has both rattled and perplexed the international community.
- Mongolia Looks To Stock Trading As Trade With China Sinks
November 29 2013 3:02 PM
As Mongolia's economy slows down, the government is turning to investment in its stock exchange as a means of diversification.
- China To Japan: Get Back To Us In 44 Years
November 29 2013 11:28 AM
China's Defense ministry responded sarcastically to Japanese and American requests to revoke the Air Defense Identification Zone.
- China’s No-Fly Zone Tests Delicate Security Balance In Asia
November 29 2013 1:25 AM
Amid rising tensions with the U.S., Japan and South Korea, Beijing said its East China Sea air defense zone is an act of “self-defense.”
- 5.6-Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Iran Near Nuclear Power Plant
November 28 2013 2:16 PM
A 5.6-magnitude earthquake shook southern Iran, near a nuclear power plant in the Bushehr region on Thursday evening.
- Chinese Industrial Profits Jump 13.7% In October
November 28 2013 5:03 AM
Aided by strong sales and improved operating margins, Chinese industry put in yet another stellar performance.
- Who Stands To Lose From China-Japan Territorial Dispute?
November 27 2013 11:08 AM
The recent escalation of the conflict over the Diaoyu/Senkaku islands could lead to renewed disruption of bilateral trade and investment between China and Japan.
- Chinese Pressure Uighur Muslims In Xinjiang To Abandon Veils, Beards
November 27 2013 7:15 AM
Muslim Uighurs, the largest ethnic group in Xinjiang province, have expressed their resentment over efforts by the state to alter their physical appearance.
- China ‘Will Face Ridicule’ If It Does Not Respond To US B-52s
November 27 2013 1:20 AM
In a direct challenge to Beijing the Pentagon ordered two unarmed B-52 bombers to fly over China’s new air defense zone in the East China Sea.
- Troubles In Paradise: Bangkok Protests Likely To Spread Nationwide
November 27 2013 12:03 AM
The movement to topple the government of Thailand is expected to spread from Bangkok to Phuket and elsewhere Wednesday.
- Chinese Jingoists Predict 'Six Inevitable Wars'
November 26 2013 4:04 PM
As U.S. planes defy a self-declared defense zone, a newspaper predicts wars with most of China's neighbors to regain lost territories.
- You Won't Believe How Much China's Wealthy Have Stashed Overseas
November 26 2013 12:41 PM
More than half of China’s millionaires are considering or have already taken steps to move money overseas.