- Yemeni Parties And Houthi Rebels Sign Deal
September 21 2014 3:34 PM
The Yemeni government press office said the agreement called for an immediate ceasefire and an end to all violence.
- Afghan Election Body Names Ex-Finance Minister Ghani President-Elect
September 21 2014 3:23 PM
The announcement came hours after Ghani and rival, Abdullah Abdullah, signed a power-sharing agreement.
- Turkey Says No Ransom Paid For Release Of Hostages Held By Islamic State
September 21 2014 1:47 PM
The hostages, including Turkey's consul-general, diplomats' children and special forces soldiers, were seized from the Turkish consulate in Mosul.
- Afghanistan’s Presidential Rivals Sign Power-Sharing Deal
September 21 2014 10:36 AM
Ashraf Ghani and Abdullah Abdullah will share control over who leads key institutions, such as the Afghan army.
- 100,000 Kurdish-Syrian Refugees Flee ISIS For Turkey
September 21 2014 8:33 AM
The deputy of Turkey's pro-Kurdish HDP party says ISIS is conducting genocide, not war.
- Indonesian Province Considers Draconian Anti-Gay Law
September 20 2014 10:47 PM
Aceh, the westernmost part of the country, may enact a law stipulating 100 cane lashes for those found guilty of having gay sex.
- Yemeni Government And Houthi Rebels Reach Agreement, UN Envoy Says
September 20 2014 6:53 PM
Medical sources said 13 Houthis had died on Saturday in fighting with the army in the capital.
- US Airstrikes Targeted Location Of ISIS-Held Turkish Hostages
September 20 2014 6:22 PM
The now-freed hostages said some among the group were injured in U.S. airstrikes, but the bombings likely save their lives.
- Afghan Presidential Rivals At Last Reach Unity Deal After Disputed Vote
September 20 2014 5:11 PM
One of the new president's first tasks is likely to be signing a bilateral security agreement with the United States.
- Yemen TV Building On Fire As Clashes Continue In Capital
September 20 2014 7:39 AM
After weeks of protests and clashes, the conflict intensified on Thursday when Shi'ite Houthi rebels clashed with the army.
- Fung-Wong Batters Philippines; 5 Dead, 200,000 Displaced
September 20 2014 7:07 AM
Nearly 85,000 people have been displaced by the storm in Manila alone, while a total of 700,000 have been affected.
- 18 Islamic State Militants Killed In Syria
September 20 2014 3:54 AM
Masoud Barzani, an Iraqi Kurdish leader, had called on international forces to stop the militant group's advance in Syria.
- ISIS' Turkish Hostages Freed In Covert Operation
September 20 2014 1:06 AM
The 49 hostages, including Turkish diplomats and their family members, were captured by the Islamic State group in Mosul in June.
- Islamic State Fans 'Flames Of War' With US In New Video
September 19 2014 8:59 PM
ISIS released a documentary-style video all but inviting U.S. troops back to Iraq for a fight.
- China-India Territorial Dispute Heats Up While Leaders Meet
September 19 2014 12:11 PM
While China's leader pledged big investments in India, his military was encroaching on Indian territory, Indians say.
- 'We Will Take In Our Brothers Fleeing'
September 19 2014 11:03 AM
Turkey has accepted more than 847,000 Syrian refugees fleeing ISIS since the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad began in 2011.
- Asian Games 2014 Opening Ceremony In Pictures
September 19 2014 8:46 AM
The 17th Asian Games were inaugurated with an extravagant opening ceremony on Friday. The closing ceremony is scheduled for Oct. 4.
- France Conducts First Airstrikes On Islamic State Group
September 19 2014 8:28 AM
France became the first country to assist the U.S. with airstrikes against the Sunni militant group in Iraq.
- Obama's ISIS Plan 'Has A Chance To Succeed'
September 19 2014 8:28 AM
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton said the Iraqi government's inclusiveness will help the U.S.-led effort to combat ISIS.
- Australia's Parliament House Viewed As 'Potential Target' For Terrorists
September 19 2014 6:03 AM
On Thursday, police officers had raided houses in Brisbane and Sydney, and arrested 15 men suspected of being linked to ISIS.