- Japan To Name 5 Disputed Islands After Former Leader's Secret Beijing Trip
August 01 2014 5:59 AM
The islands are reportedly within Japan’s established territories and will not change the existing maritime borders.
- Why Egypt Wants A Gaza Cease-Fire
July 31 2014 6:29 PM
The Gaza Strip has two neighbors: Israel and Egypt. The latter has a strong interest in keeping things under control next door.
- Three-Day Gaza Cease-Fire Begins
July 31 2014 6:26 PM
Israel and Hamas agreed to a 72-hour humanitarian cease-fire starting Friday morning, 24 days after Operation Protective Edge began.
- Overwhelmed UN Agency In Gaza Cries For Help
July 31 2014 4:18 PM
With four times as many people to house as it had planned for, no money to do it and its shelters under fire, UNRWA is in dire straits.
- Muslim Leader In Xinjiang Murdered; Chinese Police Kill 2 Suspects
July 31 2014 2:13 PM
The stabbing death of Jume Tahir came amid increasing tensions in China's Xinjiang province.
- Accusations Of War Crimes As Gaza Death Toll Climbs
July 31 2014 11:07 AM
As Israel promised to "finish the mission," Gaza said at least 315 of their dead are children and at least 225K Palestinians are now displaced.
- Netanyahu Digs In On Hamas Tunnels
July 31 2014 7:57 AM
More than 32 secret Hamas tunnels have so far been found and destroyed, and Israel has called in 16,000 reservists to help in the offensive.
- Gaza Toll Soars As Israel 'Days' From Completing Tunnel Hunt
July 31 2014 12:57 AM
Gaza officials say at least 1,361 Palestinians, mostly civilians, have now been killed while Israel has lost 56 soldiers and three civilians.
- In Gaza, UN And Hospitals Stretched To Breaking Point
July 30 2014 4:41 PM
Two massive bombardments in Gaza Wednesday pushed organizations like UNRWA and Al-Shifa hospital to their limits.
- Gaza Operation Continues 'Forcefully,' With New US Weapons
July 30 2014 4:06 PM
Israeli officials said the operation in Gaza will proceed, while the U.S. approved the transfer of artillery shells and grenades for Israeli use.
- Scores Killed In Gaza's Shejaiya Market As Cease-Fire Ends
July 30 2014 12:32 PM
Israeli shells hit a busy marketplace in one of the poorest and most crowded Gaza City neighborhoods.
- Two New 'End Of The World' Holes Discovered In Northern Russia
July 30 2014 11:41 AM
Two new mysterious craters were found in Siberia, and geologists say they may have been caused by climate change.
- Another Day, Another Failed Cease-Fire
July 30 2014 9:41 AM
Israel attempted to call a four-hour humanitarian cease-fire, but Hamas rejected the truce and continued to shoot rockets into Israel.
- Israeli Shells Hit UN School, Hospital
July 30 2014 12:42 AM
As the Hamas-Israel conflict entered its 23rd day Wednesday, the death toll in Gaza has crossed 1,200.
- US Judge Says She Cannot Seize Kurdish Crude For Now
July 29 2014 10:13 PM
A high-stakes dispute over a tanker carrying $100 million in Iraqi Kurdish crude took a surprising turn on Tuesday when a U.S. judge said she lacked jurisdiction given the ship's distance from the Texas shore and urged that the case be settled in Iraq.
- The Gaza Conflict Has Killed More Than 200 Children
July 29 2014 5:51 PM
The death toll in Gaza continues to mount. More than 200 children have been killed since the conflict began, says a UN report.
- Waiting For Another Night Of War In Gaza, With Nowhere To Go
July 29 2014 5:46 PM
Hospitals are full, power is knocked out, people are scrambling for the last loaves of bread, and there is nowhere left to hide.
- Xinjiang Gang Knife Attack Blamed On Islamic Terrorists
July 29 2014 1:45 PM
Dozens of suspected militants were killed by police after they targeted a police station and government buildings, Beijing said.
- Clash Of The Cease-Fires
July 29 2014 11:51 AM
While Kerry and Netanyahu discussed a truce, the PLO, Hamas and Islamic Jihad spoke of a 24-hour cease-fire, and many more Palestinians died.
- 'Destroying Stones Will Not Break Our Determination'
July 29 2014 9:28 AM
At least 100 Palestinians were killed Tuesday as Israeli shelling pounded Gaza's only power plant, plunging many into darkness.