- Atari Exits Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
December 06 2013 9:01 PM
Atari will leave behind Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Xerox Cuts 500 Jobs, Calls Police Ahead Of Layoffs
December 06 2013 8:31 PM
The layoffs were part of the company's plan announced in October.
- Private Equity Sees Whether It Likes Socially Responsible Investing
December 06 2013 4:38 PM
Private equity dealmakers have slowly become aware that the greater good could make a real difference to their buyouts, exits and investments.
- Brazilians Are Accumulating Debt ... By Not Understanding Credit Cards
December 06 2013 4:27 PM
Consumer spending on credit in Brazil is high. Maybe higher than it should be.
- Don't Look Now, But Something Novel In US Budget Talks Is Occurring
December 06 2013 1:36 PM
And all the cliches apply: knock-on-wood, fingers-are-crossed etc.
- Gold Hedging Talk Returns: Barclays
December 06 2013 1:07 PM
Should gold miners bet on gold price upswings in the face of rising production costs, or instead protect themselves from volatility?
- Your Ultimate Guide To The 2014 Global Economy
December 06 2013 12:31 PM
Two indicators per country, or, how to stay on top of global economic trends in 2014 like an economist.
- Spotify Expanding Services For Nonpaying Subscribers
December 06 2013 12:22 PM
Spotify has reportedly been working on its free on-demand streaming service for more than a year, negotiating with the three major record companies.
- For Ferrari Hybrid, Less Is More
December 06 2013 11:31 AM
The LaFerrari goes from 0-60 miles per hour in under 3 seconds. And in cars available, it went from 499 to 0 in less than a year.
- Thailand Protesting Its Bahts Away
December 06 2013 11:28 AM
Protests could damage affect all demand-side components of GDP.
- 23andMe Suspends Health Tests
December 06 2013 11:20 AM
DNA analysis firm 23andMe has suspended sales of its genetic health tests, pending FDA approval.
- What One Millionaire Is Doing For Detroit
December 06 2013 11:04 AM
A judge mediating Detroit's bankruptcy is urging others to mirror the millionaire's action.
- Why Shell Canceled Its Planned Louisiana Gas Plant
December 06 2013 10:29 AM
Louisiana's Ascension Parish will miss out on a $12.5 billion gas conversion plant after Shell said costs were too high.
- Australia Co. Taps WTC Retail Space
December 06 2013 10:06 AM
Global shopping-mall operator Westfield Group paid a pretty $1.4 billion for the privilege.
- What November's Solid US Job Growth Means For The Fed
December 06 2013 9:32 AM
The Fed is looking for momentum in the economy and a budget deal to start to reduce stimulus. Was November's job gain enough?
- How Long Will It Take Chevron To Deliver Gas In China?
December 06 2013 9:14 AM
The project is Chevron’s largest investment in China to date. The U.S. firm has a 49% stake, while PetroChina holds the rest.
- Secret Russian Palladium Stockpiles: Runnin' On Empty
December 06 2013 8:57 AM
A leading metals and mining company said the Russian government may no longer have any palladium under its belt.
- Nov. US Jobs Report - An Upper
December 06 2013 8:40 AM
The U.S. economy added more jobs than expected in November - with strength in most sectors - a sign that the labor market continues to heal.
- Where Will Boeing Take Its $10B 777X Project Next?
December 06 2013 6:52 AM
Boeing handed out a long wish list that states will need to meet if they want to attract the company and the jobs it brings with it.
- Friday Futures Point To Higher Open
December 06 2013 5:42 AM
Unemployment data will be watched closely for an insight into the Fed’s next move on its stimulus program.