- Chinese Tourists Told To Curb ‘Uncivilized Behavior’
May 21 2013 5:35 AM
A prominent Communist Party official has twice this week warned Chinese tourists to use "polite tourist behavior" while abroad.
- Gold-Plated iPads And Other Lavish Hotel Perks
May 21 2013 5:34 AM
Burj Al Arab has pushed the boundaries of outrageous hotel perks one step further by issuing each guest their own gold-plated iPad.
- China's Vice Premier Blames Tourists For Harming Image
May 17 2013 3:59 PM
Wang Yang contended China's reputation overseas is being tarnished by the “uncivilized behavior” of some Chinese tourists.
- Why Mexico's Tourism Has Fallen From Grace
May 17 2013 12:27 PM
The drop in tourism has been attributed to the global recession, a high crime rate and a lack of investment in infrastructure.
- China's Abandoned Ghost City Amusement Park Demolished After 15 Years [PHOTOS]
May 14 2013 11:54 AM
Beijing's long-abandoned amusement park was supposed to be the biggest in Asia, but it never had a single customer.
- What Are The 10 Most Visited Countries In The World?
May 13 2013 8:32 AM
The U.S. may be the most powerful country in the world, but it’s not the most visited. Neither is rival superpower China -- at least not yet.
- Who Are The World’s Biggest Spenders?
April 30 2013 5:57 AM
Most of the world's biggest spenders come from Asia, but one Middle Eastern nation's residents spend almost twice as much on travel.
- China's High-End Hotel Sector Grows Despite Declining Occupancy
April 26 2013 5:46 AM
Though many high-end hotels in China are only half-full, companies still plan to open more.
- Australia’s Got Some Of ‘The Best Jobs In The World’
April 20 2013 8:38 AM
Tourism Australia's viral "Best Jobs In The World" campaign may be a lavish promotional stunt, but it's also about a real job shortage Down Under.
- 40,000 Vie For Australia's ‘Best Jobs In The World’
April 11 2013 8:12 PM
Work descriptions for Australia's "Best Jobs in the World" include "cuddle koalas," "tour the best restaurants" and "sleep under the stars."
- Au Voleur! Pickpockets Shut Down The Louvre
April 10 2013 2:46 PM
Employees at the world's most visited museum are fed up with thieves who not only rob tourists, but spit on and assault workers.
- North Korea’s ‘Hotel of Doom’ Scrapped Amid Tensions
April 10 2013 5:52 AM
Luxury hotelier Kempinski shocked everyone last year by helping open North Korea's Ryugyong Hotel. In less shocking news, it backed out.
- Is Now The Time To Buy That Vacation Home?
April 03 2013 5:09 AM
Growing demand, limited inventory and a strong stock market have helped vacation rental sales surge across the United States.
- How You Can Apply For The ‘Best Job In The World’
March 12 2013 4:57 PM
Want to get paid A$100,000 to spend six months sipping wine and petting kangaroos in Australia? Apply for the "Best Job in the World."
- Cruise Ship Bus Breaks Down Taking Passengers To Hotel
February 15 2013 3:02 PM
Some passengers who fled the disabled Carnival cruise ship Triumph and left Alabama aboard charter buses suffered yet another setback on their way to New Orleans when one of the buses broke down.
- Where Global Travel Is Booming (And Where It’s Lagging)
January 29 2013 1:23 PM
Unwto issued its latest World Tourism Barometer on Monday, outlining which regions saw the greatest growth in 2012, and what to expect in 2013.
- Why The UN Is Using Ecotourism To Fight Poverty
January 03 2013 1:05 PM
Is ecotourism a ticket out of poverty and the key to preserving our environment? The UN thinks so.
- Are You The One-Billionth Tourist?
December 12 2012 3:32 PM
The one-billionth tourist is predicted to cross an international border on Thursday, marking a milestone in human interaction.
- Why Hotel Prices For Sochi Olympics Will Stay Low
December 11 2012 12:12 PM
Russia issued a decree this week, which will regulate the maximum price for accommodation and services in Krasnodar Region hotels during the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
- 12 Biggest Travel Stories Of 2012 And Their Impact
December 07 2012 12:59 PM
From “superstorms” to mega disasters, 2012 was, by all accounts, an eventful year. More than 1 billion people traveled - led by the ramp-up in Chinese tourists.