Actors Seth Rogen and James Franco spoke up about the recent cyberattack on Sony Pictures and blamed the media for making the leaked emails public. The breach, which occurred in November, was linked to the two stars after it was revealed how much they were paid for the upcoming film, “The Interview.”

"It's stolen information that media outlets are directly profiting from. It's ill-gotten gains," Rogen reportedly said, during the "The Howard Stern Show" on Sirius XM Radio. The interview is scheduled to air Friday. “I do think it’s f***** up that everyone is doing exactly what these criminals want.

"If the criminals could do that themselves, they would. But they can’t, so instead, the Wall Street Journal does it for them," Rogen said, according to reports.

The leaks revealed that Rogen received $8.4 million and Franco received $6.5 million for their work in the $44 million movie. 

The hackers calling themselves the “Guardians of Peace” have threatened to continue releasing stolen data and personal information unless the studio decides to scrap the Rogen and Evan Goldberg-directed film, which is scheduled to release on Dec. 25. 

The film is about two American journalists who travel to North Korea to interview Kim Jong-un after they are recruited by the CIA to assassinate the foreign leader.

"We did not set out to make a controversial movie. We did not think it was that controversial," Rogen reportedly said on the show. "We were not like, 'Let's make a movie that's controversial about North Korea.'

"Normally, when you go promote a movie, you talk about the movie. With this, it's not that," Rogen reportedly added. "It's about the leaks and the hacking. It's a little bizarre in that regard. Everything you say can be a news story, potentially."

Stern also reportedly called the email leaks at Sony an invasion of privacy and equated them to the leak of nude photos of celebrities earlier this year. "If we protected these women with the nude pictures. It's the same exact thing," Stern said, according to the Daily Mail.

The massive cyberattack, which forced Sony to shut down its systems last month, has been linked to North Korea, but so far, there has been no evidence to prove the connection. North Korea, which has denied having a role in the hack, has praised the cyberattack on the company.