- Sri Lanka Thrash India by 51 Runs; Batmen Fail Again
February 21 2012 9:55 AM
India once again wilted against quality pace bowling as Sri Lanka defeated them by 51 runs in the eighth match of the one-day Tri-series at the Gabba in Brisbane on Tuesday.
- Ricky Ponting Retires from ODI; Hopes to Play 2013 Ashes
February 21 2012 5:14 AM
Ricky Ponting, Australia's most successful one-day cricketer, accepted that his limited overs international career was over on Tuesday but said he wanted to continue in test cricket and hoped to play in the 2013 Ashes. It's a bit hard to say I've retired given I've been dropped but I don't expect to play one-day international cricket anymore, he said.
- Sahara Reverses Its Decision to End commercial Ties with BCCI; To Sponsor Indian Cricket Team
February 16 2012 3:59 PM
Sahara Group on Thursday returned as the main sponsor of the world's richest cricket body, reversing its earlier decision to end all commercial ties with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). It will continue sponsorship of the Indian team.
- Dhoni Earns India Thrilling Tie with Sri Lanka
February 14 2012 9:40 AM
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni fell just short of pulling off another thrilling run chase as his team fought out a dramatic tie with Sri Lanka in the fifth triangular series match at Adelaide on Tuesday.
- Calm Dhoni Takes India Home after Gambhir Heroics
February 12 2012 9:00 AM
Gautam Gambhir's 92 at the top and some smart batting by captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni at the finish helped India chase down a 270-run target against Australia in Adelaide on Sunday.
- India Thrash Australia in a Thriller Match; Gambhir's 92 Helps India
February 12 2012 7:35 AM
Gautam Gambhir's 92 at the top and some smart batting by captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni at the finish helped India chase down a 270-run target against Australia in Adelaide on Sunday for their second win in the triangular series.
- Dhoni Suspended for Fourth Test
January 15 2012 4:51 AM
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the captain of the Indian cricket team, has been suspended for the fourth and final Test against Australia, because of slow over rate, the International Cricket Council said on Sunday.
- Australia Crush India to Seal Series Triumph
January 15 2012 4:33 AM
A rampant Australia blitzed India's tail to crush the hapless tourists by an innings and 37 runs with more than two days to spare in the third test and take an unassailable 3-0 lead in the series on Sunday.
- Australia vs India: India Staring at Defeat after Top Order Collapse
January 14 2012 7:42 AM
Australia, fired by David Warner's 180, are closing on victory after reducing India to 88 for four in their second innings after two days of the third test on Saturday.
- Australia vs India: Australia Crumble to 369 All Out; Warner Scores 180
January 14 2012 4:20 AM
Australia crumbled after opener David Warner was dismissed for 180 as India's pace attack finally stood up in the third test and bowled the hosts out for 369 to bring up tea on the second day on Saturday.
- Australia vs India: Australia 147 for no Loss; Warner Unbeaten on 104
January 13 2012 6:47 AM
David Warner smashed the fastest test century by an opening batsman as Australia battered India on the first day of the third test on Friday.
- Is Sehwag the Cause of Discord in Indian Cricket Team?
January 12 2012 5:15 AM
Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag is the man polarizing opinions in the Indian dressing rooms, according to a report in an Australian newspaper.
- I've Never Seen Indian Team Fight: MS Dhoni
January 12 2012 4:30 AM
India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has rejected suggestions of in-fighting in his team on the tour of Australia, saying the claims were possibly the result of a beer-induced fantasy.
- Australia Crush India by an Innings and 68 Runs; Lead Series 2-0
January 06 2012 3:45 AM
Australia, inspired by captain Michael Clarke, crushed India by an innings and 68 runs in the second test at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Friday to take a 2-0 lead in the four-match series.
- Virat Kohli Fined for Finger Gesture
January 05 2012 6:41 AM
Indian cricketer Virat Kohli will be fined 50 percent of his match fee, for a finger gesture made to the crowd on the second day of the second Test match against Australia.
- Michael Clarke Scores Triple Century; India Toiling 114-2 at Stump
January 05 2012 4:37 AM
Michael Clarke hit a majestic unbeaten 329 before declaring Australia's first innings at 659 for four with a lead of 468 on the third day of the second test against India at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Thursday.
- Michael Clarke Gives India Bowlers a Hard Day
January 04 2012 5:27 AM
Michael Clarke hit a brilliant unbeaten 251 and Ricky Ponting his first hundred in two years as Australia took control of the second test against India on Wednesday, finishing the second day on an imposing 482 for four.
- Australia vs India: Ponting, Clarke Help Australia Take Control of 2nd Test
January 04 2012 1:08 AM
Ricky Ponting scored his first century in two years and Michael Clarke a career-high unbeaten 170 as Australia took control of the second test against India on Wednesday, reaching 394 for four at tea on day two.
- Cricket: Ponting and Clarke Hit Centuries to Put Australia in Firm Control (Photos)
January 04 2012 12:14 AM
Michael Clarke and Ricky Ponting have both scored centuries to give Australia the upper hand in the second Test against India. At tea Australia had scored 349 runs at the loss of 4 wickets.
- Australia vs India: Australia Bundle India Out for 191
January 03 2012 1:50 AM
Fast bowler James Pattinson took four wickets, including that of Sachin Tendulkar, as Australia bundled India out for 191 after tea on the opening day of the second test on Tuesday.