- Sachin Tendulkar and His 100th Century: A Case of the Pathetic State of Sports in India
November 21 2011 6:47 AM
The hype and expectation circling the still elusive 100th international century for Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar, is a clear indication of the pathetic state of sports, in general, in India.
- Peter Roebuck Suicide: Police to Question 16 Boys he Supported
November 21 2011 4:14 AM
The police is set to speak to 16 youngsters, who were sponsored and supported by deceased cricket writer Peter Roebuck. The youngsters lived with Roebuck in his eight-bedroom house in South Africa.
- West Indies Team in Awe of Sachin Tendulkar
November 20 2011 4:12 PM
West Indies' Kirk Edwards said that they are in awe of Sachin Tendulkar. He said that playing with the legend makes him forget his own game.
- Yuvraj Singh Dropped for Final Test against WI
November 19 2011 4:16 PM
Test career of Yuvraj Singh stuttered again as he was dropped from the Indian team for the third and final test against West Indies.
- Cricket World Mourns Passing of South Africa’s Basil D'Oliveira
November 19 2011 11:30 AM
In honor of D’Oliveira, South African and Australian cricketers stood in silence for one minute.
- Sports Minister Wants to Probe into Kambli’s Claims
November 19 2011 8:16 AM
The BCCI dismissed former player Vinod Kambli's claims of possible corruption in India's 1996 World Cup semi-final loss to Sri Lanka but Sports Minister Ajay Maken has demanded a probe.
- Vinod Kambli Claims That 1996 World Cup Cricket Semi-Final Was Fixed
November 19 2011 4:35 AM
Vinod Kambli, a former international cricketer, has voiced his suspicions that the 1996 World Cup semi-final encounter, between India and Sri Lanka, was fixed.
- India Smell Victory against West Indies in 2nd Test
November 16 2011 9:24 AM
India marched steadily towards victory after enforcing the follow-on despite an improved batting performance by West Indies in the second innings of the second test.
- Imran Khan Speaks Out Against Pakistan’s Anti-India Bias
November 14 2011 4:56 PM
Khan, a vociferous opponent of the current leadership in Pakistan, has also spoken out against the rise of Islamic militancy.
- Cricket Writer Peter Roebuck Found Dead
November 12 2011 10:30 PM
Noted cricket writer Peter Roebuck was found dead Saturday at his hotel in South Africa, where he was covering Australia-South Africa Test series.
- Indian Squad Retained for 2nd Test: No Place for Harbhajan
November 10 2011 6:26 AM
India selectors have retained their 15-man squad for the second test against West Indies in Kolkata, meaning there is no place for off-spinner Harbhajan Singh.
- India Beat West Indies by 5 Wickets in 1st Test
November 09 2011 5:00 AM
Sachin Tendulkar missed his much-anticipated 100th century but his contribution of 76 runs helped India beat West Indies by five wickets.
- Windies Fightback After Ojha Strikes
November 06 2011 6:48 AM
Opener Kraigg Brathwaite and veteran Shivnarine Chanderpaul hit unbeaten half-centuries to guide the West Indies to 159 for the loss of three wickets, at tea on the opening day of the first test against India.
- ‘We Will Let Sachin Get the Century’: MS Dhoni
November 05 2011 5:20 PM
Sachin Tendulkar's 100th international century is the expected highlight of the three-test series against West Indies but Mahendra Singh Dhoni does not to talk about it.
- Doubts over Kotla Pitch Ahead of India-West Indies Test
November 05 2011 6:08 AM
India host West Indies in the opener of their three-match series on Sunday but there are doubts on the Ferozeshah Kotla Stadium pitch, which will be hosting a test for the first time since serving an international ban.
- Should Pakistan Rename its Most Famous Sports Arena: Gaddafi Stadium?
November 01 2011 2:16 PM
It is not entirely clear why Bhutto named the stadium after Gaddafi.
- Pakistan Cricketers Guilty of Fixing Matches, Raising New Questions of Sport’s Integrity
November 01 2011 10:59 AM
The two face possible prison terms.
- India Ease to Another Win Over Struggling England
October 24 2011 3:17 AM
Fast bowler Varun Aaron picked up three wickets on his debut as India stayed on course to whitewash England in the one-day international series by cruising to a six-wicket victory in the fourth match on Sunday.
- Dhoni Leads India to Series Victory
October 21 2011 1:45 AM
India pulled off a thrilling five-wicket victory over England with four balls to spare in the third one-day international on Thursday to take an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-match series.
- Decision Review System No Longer Mandatory, Says ICC
October 12 2011 2:07 AM
The controversial decision review system (DRS) will no longer be mandatory and its use will be left to bilateral agreements between participating boards, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said on Tuesday.