- Cricket World Cup - Sun shines at Mohali, but slight chances of light rain during the match
March 30 2011 3:20 AM
After rain threatened to wash out play on the evening before the match, the sun is up and shinning at Mohali and the crunch World Cup semi-final clash between India and Pakistan is expected to start as scheduled, though there are chances of light showers in the evening.
- Cricket World Cup - Rain in Mohali threatens to wash out India - Pakistan Clash
March 29 2011 2:13 PM
Mohali has been hit by rain with mere hours left for the crunch semifinal clash between India and Pakistan in the Cricket World Cup 2011.
- Cricket World Cup - India and Pakistan clash is not war, it's a Cricket match
March 29 2011 10:54 AM
Amongst all the talk of war, when India faces Pakistan in the semi-finals of the Cricket World Cup, it would be good to remember that at the end of the day, it is a Cricket match.
- World Cricket Cup: All eyes are on Mohali as giants clash
March 29 2011 10:52 AM
All eyes are now riveted on the upcoming Wednesday’s key semi-final tie between India and Pakistan in the tenth edition of the World Cup Cricket tournament to be played in the north Indian city of Mohali.
- India vs. South Africa Match Drives More than 1.4 Million Visitors to ESPNCricInfo.com in India
March 28 2011 6:54 AM
A study shows that the cricket World cup caused a surge in visitation to cricket sites in India as fans went online for the latest results and match updates. Sites reached their highest volume of traffic for the month during the week ending March 13, with 16.4 percent of India's online population visiting ESPNCricInfo.com and 13.4 percent of web users visiting Yahoo! Cricket.
- ICC say Ponting will be charged after TV damage claims
February 23 2011 5:28 AM
Australia captain Ricky Ponting will be charged on Wednesday after allegedly damaging a television in the dressing room during a World Cup match with Zimbabwe.
- Cricket World Cup 2011: U.S. issues travel warnings
February 19 2011 5:12 AM
The U.S. government has issued a travel advisory for its citizens visiting the ICC World Cup 2011 host nations, including India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- Kolkata and Mumbai cleared by ICC for World Cup
February 15 2011 6:02 AM
Kolkata and Mumbai grounds have been given the final clearance to stage Cricket World Cup matches after concerns about their readiness, the head of the governing body told Reuters on Monday.
- ICC World Cup Cricket 2011: India sees a boost in travel business
February 14 2011 9:28 AM
While visa norms would have taken much of travelers’ time to decide on their itineraries across the three nations, the tour packages for all the matches to be played in India are almost sold out, according to the travel partners of the ICC.
- Legendary Test cricketer Trevor Bailey dies at 87
February 10 2011 12:24 PM
Trevor Bailey, one of the greatest England all-rounders of the post-war era, has been found dead in a fire at a nursing home in Essex.
- One day game returns to spiritual and financial home
February 08 2011 3:32 AM
One-day 50-overs cricket returns to its spiritual and financial home next week when India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka host the World Cup after a 15-year gap.
- India's batmakers hit for six by global sponsors
February 07 2011 4:09 AM
When the world's batsmen dazzle crowds at this month's cricket World Cup, many will use bats hand-made in India. But lucrative global branding that masks the bats' true makers threatens the country's craftsmen.
- Cricket: New Zealand's all-rounder Oram cleared to travel to World Cup after foot pain
February 06 2011 7:21 AM
New Zealand all-rounder Jacob Oram has been cleared to travel to the World Cup after sustaining an injury before the team's one-day match against Pakistan on Saturday.
- Pakistan cricket players charged with cheating, corruption
February 04 2011 10:30 AM
Three Pakistan cricket team players and an agent will face corruption charges, according to Britain’s the Crown Prosecution Service
- Tailenders guide India home after Pathan blitz
January 19 2011 1:53 AM
Yusuf Pathan blazed a half-century but India still had to call on their tailenders to clinch victory over South Africa by two wickets in the third one-day international at Newlands on Tuesday.
- India name 15-member squad for World Cup
January 17 2011 5:48 AM
The selectors on Monday named the final 15-member squad for next month's World Cup, to be jointly hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- World Cup venues will be ready in time, says ICC chief
January 15 2011 2:46 AM
The subcontinent will be ready in time to host the World Cup though five venues were still undergoing work, the International Cricket Council (ICC) chief executive Haroon Lorgat said on Saturday.
- Tsotsobe leads South Africa to emphatic win
January 13 2011 2:39 AM
Lonwabo Tsotsobe received the man of the match award after his four wickets led South Africa to a crushing 135-run win over India in the first one-day international at Kingsmead on Wednesday.
- Cricket: England win with last ball against Australia in T20 thriller
January 12 2011 10:47 AM
Debutant Chris Woakes kept his cool to steer England to a one wicket victory against Australia in the last ball of the day while chasing 158 in the first T20 match of the series at the Adelaide Oval.
- Sportsmen help Australia flood victims, Federer to organize exhibition match
January 12 2011 8:49 AM
Tennis ace Roger Federer, who is in Melbourne, Australia, preparing for the Australian open, is expected to organize a charity exhibition match on Sunday, while other sports stars donated in their own ways.