- Daytona 500: Matt Kenseth Wins 'the Most Bizarre Race' in NASCAR's History [VIDEO]
February 28 2012 5:32 AM
After fire and rain brought chaos to the 54th running of the Daytona 500 at the Daytona International Speedway, it was Matt Kenseth who edged ahead of other contenders to win the 2012 Daytona 500 on Tuesday.
- Daytona 500 Explosion: Race Postponed by Jet Dryer Collision on Lap 160 [VIDEO]
February 27 2012 11:42 PM
Juan Pablo Montoya's Number 42 Chevrolet smashed into a jet dryer truck causing a massive fireball and adding another delay to the race.
- Daytona 500 Start Time: Night Start Could Mean Ratings Boom
February 27 2012 2:49 PM
The change in start time could mean more viewers for the Daytona 500.
- Danica Patrick Crash: Watch Video of Horrifying Gatorade Duel Wreck
February 24 2012 9:27 AM
Following a horrifying crash in the Daytona 500 qualifier, racing star Danica Patrick emerged unscathed and ready for the big race.
- Irwindale Speedway Season Cancelled, Track Closes Down: Why?
February 14 2012 12:37 PM
Officials announced in a one-sentence statement that the Irwindale Speedway will be closed down and the 2012 has been cancelled.
- Kurt Busch Out at Penske Racing; Who Will Take Him Now?
December 05 2011 5:23 PM
Kurt Busch and his Penske Racing team parted ways Monday after a tumultuous finish to the Sprint Cup season. Where he goes next depends on his attitude.
- Tony Stewart Wins Sprint Cup Title; Becomes NASCAR’s 1st Driver/Owner Champion Since 1992
November 21 2011 3:43 AM
Driver Tony Stewart won his third NASCAR championship on Sunday becoming the first driver/owner to win a championship since Alan Kulwicki did so in 1992. Stewart won Cup championships in 2002 and 2005 while he was driving for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Jeremy Mayfield Arrested for Drugs, Guns and Stolen Goods: What's Next? [PHOTOS]
November 02 2011 7:32 PM
Former NASCAR driver and owner Jeremy Mayfield was arrested at his western North Carolina home in Catawba County and charged with felony possession of methamphetamine, adding more hardship to his sordid history with the drug.
- Marco Simoncelli Crash Highlights High Risk in Motorsports: 122 Deaths in 65 Years
October 24 2011 2:07 PM
Three of the most popular governing bodies in motorsports have tended to dozens of fatalities. It begs the question: Are Motorsports Too Dangerous?
- Dan Wheldon Crash VIDEO: IndyCar Star to be Remembered, Honored at Weekend Funeral Services
October 21 2011 10:37 AM
Wheldon was considered a top driver in IndyCar.
- Dan Wheldon Crash VIDEO: Horrific Indy Car Accident Recalls Paul Dana's Death
October 18 2011 9:29 PM
The tragic loss of Wheldon was the first fatality since Dana in 2005.
- Dan Wheldon's Crash: 5 Other Indy 500 Pile Ups
October 18 2011 4:28 PM
This weekend marked the death of Dan Wheldon, the 33-year-old English race car driver who went careening to his death after a 15-car pile up at the 2011 IZOD IndyCar World Championship at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday. Despite the need for changes and regulations, the unfortunate fact is that the dangerous sport often leads to the death of even the best drivers. We take a look at five other top drivers who were killed in the Indianapolis 500 over the years.
- Dan Wheldon Indy Fans Leave Tributes
October 18 2011 1:14 AM
Dan Wheldon's Indy fans on Monday began leaving tributes for the 33-year-old two-time Indianapolis 500 winner.
- Dan Wheldon Crash VIDEO: Gruesome Indy Car Accident Kills Driver [Analysis]
October 17 2011 9:43 PM
The star driver died two hours after the accident.
- VIDEO Indy Car Crash: Gruesome Coverage of How Dan Wheldon Died in Fiery Accident and Why
October 17 2011 6:12 PM
Dan Wheldon was unable to survive a horrific crash
- Danica Patrick Ends IndyCar Career on Same Day as Dan Wheldon Crash
October 17 2011 11:03 AM
Danica Patrick ended her IndyCar racing career on Sunday, the same day that Dan Wheldon was killed in a horrific crash. She plans to compete full-time in NASCAR.
- Indy Car Driver Dan Wheldon Was to Replace Danica Patrick Next Season
October 17 2011 10:34 AM
Indy Car driver Dan Wheldon would have replaced Danica Patrick, who is moving to NASCAR full time, next season in the Go-Daddy-sponsored car for Andretti Autosport.
- Dan Wheldon Crash: Did IndyCar Ignore Drivers' Concerns About Track Speed? [VIDEO]
October 17 2011 9:16 AM
Dan Wheldon crashed and died on Sunday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway during lap 13 at the IndyCar Series finale. But drivers had reportedly been concerned about the high speeds at the track. They were hitting nearly 225 mph during practice, according to The Associated Press.
- Indy Car Crash: Dan Wheldon Dies in Fiery Accident; Danica Patrick Response (VIDEO)
October 17 2011 2:59 AM
The Las Vegas race took the life of the 33-year-old Indy star.
- Dan Wheldon Crash VIDEO: Gruesome Accident Leaves IndyCar Star Dead at Age 33
October 16 2011 8:54 PM
Wheldon was considered among the best IndyCar drivers.