- Year in 2011 Review: College Sports Overshadowed by Scandals
December 29 2011 4:34 PM
When we look back on how college athletics fared in 2011, we will remember it much more for the disgraces - Jerry Sandusky and Bernie Fine on the top of that list - than some of the good stories - UConn's Kemba Walker and BYU's Jimmer Fredette.
- BYU - Tulsa: Prediction, Betting Odds, and Preview for Friday's Bowl Game
December 29 2011 4:33 PM
The Cougars have a slight edge in the Armed Services Bowl in Dallas.
- LSU Gets Verbal Commitment from Top Recruit Gunner Kiel
December 28 2011 10:09 PM
Five-star football recruit Gunner Kiel has verbally committed to play for LSU next season over Notre Dame and Vanderbilt, according to reports.
- Notre Dame - Florida State: Prediction, Betting Odds, and Preview for the Citrus Bowl on Thursday Night
December 28 2011 7:29 PM
Two famed programs go head-to-head.
- Texas - Cal: Prediction, Betting Odds, and Preview for the Holiday Bowl 2011
December 28 2011 3:55 PM
Two burgeoning programs battle in San Diego.
- Mike Munchak Not Interested in Penn State Job
December 28 2011 11:44 AM
Penn State has targeted Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak as the replacement for Joe Paterno, but Munchak isn't interested in the coaching position.
- Gunner Kiel, Indiana's 'Mr. Football,' Delays College Decision
December 27 2011 10:45 AM
Top prospect Gunner Kiel has delayed his decision on where he will attend college. Indiana's Mr. Football in 2011 is reportedly choosing between LSU, Vanderbilt and Notre Dame.
- Matt Barkley to Stay at USC -- Is He the 2012 Heisman Favorite?
December 22 2011 5:53 PM
USC's star quarterback will be back for his senior year.
- Boise State - Arizona State: Betting Odds, Prediction, Preview for the Las Vegas Bowl
December 21 2011 3:00 PM
The Broncos are heavy favorites on Thursday.
- Dwight Jones: UNC Receiver Ineligible for Bowl Game for Promoting Birthday Party [PHOTO]
December 21 2011 11:32 AM
It's his party and he'll cry if he wants to...from the bench. UNC receiver Dwight Jones was ruled ineligible to play his last game of the season after word spread he was promoting his birthday party, the 1st Annual Dwight Jones New Years Birthday Celebration, on flyers, violating NCAA rules.
- Ohio State Football: NCAA Imposes 1-year Bowl Ban
December 20 2011 2:49 PM
The NCAA decided to impose a one-year bowl ban, a reduced amount of scholarships, and an additional year of probation on Tuesday on the Ohio State football program.
- Penn State Officials Ordered to Stand Trial in Sex-Abuse Case
December 17 2011 5:15 AM
A judge ruled on Friday that two former senior officials at Pennsylvania State University must stand trial on charges of lying to a grand jury about what they knew of sexual-abuse allegations against a former football coach, Jerry Sandusky.
- Utah St. - Ohio: Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview for Saturday's Bowl Game
December 16 2011 5:53 PM
The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl features two explosive teams.
- How Social Media Affects College Athletics
December 15 2011 4:41 PM
College athletic departments are always looking to be at the cutting edge, and currently that means putting a lot of importance on social media efforts.
- Pittsburgh's Todd Graham Accepts Arizona State Job
December 14 2011 1:28 PM
Pittsburgh coach Todd Graham has agreed to become Arizona State's next coach, according to multiple reports.
- Craig James, ESPN Analyst and Former SMU Mustang, Runs for U.S. Senate
December 13 2011 2:43 PM
Former SMU Mustang and ESPN analyst Craig James will run for a seat in the U.S. Senate in his home state of Texas.
- Joe Paterno Breaks Pelvis in Fall, Hospitalized: Report
December 11 2011 2:23 PM
Paterno slipped on Saturday, according to a report, and fractured his pelvis. He was admitted to the hospital the next day, a person close to the Paterno family told the Associated Press.
- Baylor QB Robert Griffin III Awarded the 2011 Heisman Trophy Saturday
December 11 2011 2:00 AM
Robert Griffin III, a Baylor University quarterback, was chosen as the 77th winner of the Heisman Memorial Trophy as the most outstanding college football player in the United States for 2011.
- Army-Navy Game 2011: Obama Attends Rivalry Team's Tightest Game in a Decade
December 10 2011 7:45 PM
The Army-Navy rivalry has been a staple of college football for over a century now, but the 112th game between the two military schools Saturday had particular significance. President Obama was in attendance to draw attention and celebrate the withdrawal of troops in Iraq.
- Kansas Hires Charlie Weis as Next Football Coach
December 08 2011 5:25 PM
Former Notre Dame head coach and current Florida offensive coordinator will be named Kansas' next football coach on Friday afternoon, the school announced on Thursday.