- NHL Cancels Another Block of Games Because of Lockout
October 19 2012 6:38 PM
- NHL Offers 50-50 Share of Hockey-Related Revenue, Nov. 2 Start of the Season
October 16 2012 6:43 PM
In an attempt to save the season, the National Hockey League has offered a 50-50 split of all hockey-related revenue with the NHL players’ association. With the offer on the table, the league hopes to start a full 82-game season on Nov. 2.
- Start of NHL Season in Jeopardy as Labor Talks Break Down
October 02 2012 6:29 PM
Talks have stalled between the players and the owners.
- Gretzky Expects NHL Lockout to be Resolved By January 1
October 01 2012 5:23 PM
The Hall of Fame hockey star expressed optimism about the lockout.
- NHL Cancels Preseason Games; Regular Season Could Go Next
September 27 2012 10:02 PM
The NHL announced Thursday the league's remaining preseason games would not be played as CBA negotiations are set to continue throughout the weekend.
- NHL Close to Ending Possible Lockout?
September 16 2012 2:22 PM
The Collective Bargaining Agreement expired on Saturday, as negotiations continue.
- NHL Lockout Looms as League and Union Exchange Proposals
September 13 2012 1:30 PM
Negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement resumed with a lockout threat looming
- Lockout Looms as Talks Between NHL and Players' Union Stall
September 01 2012 1:56 PM
The hockey season may not start on time due to a possible lockout.
- NHL News: U.S. Olympic Squad In 2014 Might Be A Dream
August 14 2012 10:17 AM
After the U.S. men’s basketball team won the gold at the 2012 Olympics, the American hockey team has a good chance to do the same in Russia in 2014. Here’s a look at the potential Team USA roster.
- NHL News: New Round of Labor Talks Looming
August 13 2012 8:45 PM
The two sides hope to avoid another lockout.
- Alexander Semin Signs One-Year Contract With Carolina Hurricanes Worth $7M
July 26 2012 5:04 PM
The left-winger has been criticized in the past for his work ethic but the Hurricanes hope he can fit right into their roster and contribute along with the Staal brothers.
- Colorado Shooting Victim Jessica Redfield Eulogized Online By Her Friends, Colleagues
July 20 2012 9:27 PM
Sports journalist Jessica Redfield, whose real name was Jessica Ghawi, chose to use Redfield as her surname because it was her grandmother's maiden name. That's just one of the stories about her that reveals a little bit about who she was.
- Shea Weber Offer Sheet Decision Will Have Major Consequences For Predators, Flyers And NHL
July 19 2012 10:10 PM
The All-Star defenseman signed a 14-year, $110 million deal with the Philadelphia Flyers Wednesday. If The Nashville Predators let him walk the franchise will be in big trouble.
- Onetime NHL Draft Pick Convicted In Murder Of Referee In Slovakia
July 16 2012 8:37 PM
Ladislav Scurko was a 2004 choice for the Philadelphia Flyers. On Monday he was given an eight year sentence in a Slovakian prison for stabbing a referee 14 times in the chest
- Cam Janssen's Homophobic Comments Fly In The Face Of The NHL's Progress For Gay Players
July 12 2012 7:55 PM
The NHL enforcer said he'd kick an openly gay player's ass.
- New Jersey Devils Rumors: Contract Talks With Marty Brodeur Break Down, Goaltender to Test Free Agency?
June 29 2012 2:07 PM
Reports are surfacing that Martin Brodeur will test the free agent market instead of resigning with the Devils.
- Cory Schneider Agrees To $12M Deal With Vancouver Canucks, Luongo Trade Inevitable
June 29 2012 10:02 AM
The former backup goalie will be thrust into a starting role in one of the most demanding hockey markets.
- Sidney Crosby Agrees To $104M Contract With Penguins
June 28 2012 7:01 PM
Sidney Crosby agreed to a $104.4 million contract extension today. It's a move that makes Pittsburgh an attractive free agent destination and a threat for years to come.
- Calgary Flames Sign Dennis Wideman To 5-Year, $26.5M Contract
June 27 2012 7:35 PM
The Calgary Flames traded a fifth round pick and restricted free agent defenseman Jordan Henry to Washington in exchange for Wideman. Wideman is an up-and-down player who will be joining his fifth NHL team.
- 10 Best Sports Video Games of All Time
June 27 2012 5:41 PM
Sports Video games are a huge part of the more than $20 billion video game market. Here is a list of some of the best of all time.