SportsNet - June 2013
According to reports from The Daily Star, Manchester City are awaiting the green light in order to make an offer for Real Madrid's exciting winger Angel Di Maria.
The 25-year-old Argentina star has been scouted by Chelsea and was alleged to be following Jose Mourinho to Stamford Bridge, but the reports since died down although The Blues are still said to be monitoring the situation. These fresh new reports surfacing on Tuesday state that new City Boss Mauel Pellegrini is waiting for Real Madrid to allow them to make an offer for Di Maria, who could potentially switch from La Liga to experience Premier League football.
Real Madrid's main target is Tottenham's Gareth Bale, if that move goes through as expected then this will certainly open the door for Di Maria to make his move away from The Bernabeu Stadium. Madrid will hope use it to recoup some of the fees spent on Bale.
Meanwhile, Chelsea will be watching closely with Mourinho having good experience working with Di Maria before and would like the pacy winger at Stamford Bridge.
As new Manchester United Boss David Moyes looks to gether a more creative midfield, he has turned his attentions to Marco Verratti, who is described as being the 'heir to Pirlo' in the Italian National side, being a very confident deep lying playmaker, the type of position touted as being the missing link in United's midfield.
United have been alerted by the current contract situation at Paris Saint-Germain, according to Talksport, the players agent has requested a pay rise for his lient from PSG, knowing of the interest from United and also Real Madrid. The French club could be prepared to sell if they do not wish to negotiate a pay rise for the Italian youth International.
Verratti has lit up the European Unders 21 Championships and has gained a whole new array of admirers, proving his comfortable ability on the ball and how little he loses it. The player has recently stated he would like to stay in France, however with the prospect of Premier League football being so high on the agenda of most players, this is said to have the player considering his options.
Arsene Wengers Arsenal have agreed personal terms with Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain and are set to agree the fee with Madrid this week, according to The Daily Mail.
The 25-year-old Argentina International had been on the radar of another London club in the shape of Roman Abramovich's Chelsea, but it seems after their attentions were set on Napoli's Edinson Cavani, Higuain had been agreeing terms with Arsenal. The Madrid man is keen on competing in the English Premier League and is looking set to get his chance. Talks between the two clubs have reportedly progressed well and the move will be finally sealed at the end of this week.
Arsenal are playing big during this summers transfer window, somthing their owners have previously been rather reserved about. but this season they are chasing some of the biggest names on the market and signing Higuain will be making a huge statement. Wenger has money available and it looks as if they are looking to bring in a number of new faces.
Tottenham Hotspur are desperately struggling to keep their graps on their high flying winger Gareth Bale, with Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United all seriously chasing the capture of the Welsh International.
Although Spurs have suggested that the 23-year-old was happy to stay at White Hart Lane despite the club failing to secure a Champions League spot. The club will do all they can to keep hold of their prize asset, even though it had previously been said that Bale would leave during this summers transfer window, if they failed to qualify for the Champions League.
Real Madrid are stepping up their pursuit and are prepared to offer a hefty sum in order to bring the most sought after talents in the world right now, to The Bernabeu Stadium. Former Madrid legend Zinedine Zidane has stated how important it is that his former club 'must sign Bale this season', and current midfielder Luka Modric has also stated his desire to play alongside Bale once again, the former Tottenham playmaker says that 'he would fit in perfectly in the squad'.
Chelsea's eccentric Brazilian star David Luiz has never been short of controversy during his short playing career and it is looking like the 26-year-old may want out of Stamford Bridge.
Luiz revealed this week that he has been talking a lot about 'The PSG project', referring to the incredible squad that is being built over in the French Ligue 1 with Paris Saint-Germain. He confirmed that he has been talking about it with his Brazilian team mates over in South America during the Confederations Cup and said that "the club made a good job in Ligue 1, and there have a very good players like Lucas Moura, Thiago Motta, Maxwell and Thiago Silva". He is also said to be excited about teaming up with his National defensive partner Thiago Silva.
However, Chelsea will not wish to sell one of their best player, who had been converted from a centre back to a centre midfielder by interim Boss Rafa Benitez last season. He is considered a key player and many had touted him as a future Chelsea captain. Never shy of the media, Luiz has often talked to the press regarding various issues and is always quick to voice his opinion.