- Pep Guardiola has agreed to terms with German Bundesliga top team Bayern Munich on a three year contract.
- The Dutchman is looking to get back to his best and help Schalke 04 regain their form
- Lewis Holtby's proposed free transfer summer move from Schalke to Tottenham could be under threat as his boyhood team Everton have been alerted to the possibility of a cash deal during the January transfer window.
- The bible story of the prodigal son best describes Nuri Sahin situation. Only just 19 months after making the dream move to Real Madrid, he is back to where he started his professional career. Nuri Sahin has signed a long term loan deal that will keep him till 2013/14 with an option of buying back from Real Madrid. Sahin is a local boy and he is pretty much at home with Dortmund, He is going back to a club he is familiar with. He started his career with Dortmund at the age of 16 making him the youngest Bundesliga debutant; he scored his first goal for Dortmund the same year making him the youngest goal scorer in the Bundesliga. He has been a ball boy for club, so he has been very much around the club apart from his loan spell with Feyenoord.
- The stock of Japanese players continues to rise in the German league, no thanks to Shinji Kagawa’s exploits at Borrusia Dortmund.
- Bayern Munich has shown once again why they are the clear title favourite – currently taking advantage of the warm whether in Doha Qatar, they defeated fellow Bundesliga top fligh team Shalke by 5 goals to nil. Mario Mandzukic and Thomas Muller scored 2 goals each before half time before Mario Gomez crowned an entertaining evening with a goal. The game highlighted why Bayern Munich is fast becoming one the best club sides in Europe. Currently there seems to be a huge gulf in class between the Bavarians and other Bundesliga team.
- Shalke‘s midfielders Ibrahim Afelley and Christoph Moritz both would be sideline when the 2nd half of the season begins. Both players picked up an injury in their friendly game against Qatar based team Al Saad.
- Neven Subotic and Sven Bender has penned a new deal with Borrusia Dortmund, the new deal will committed them to back to back champions till 2016 and 2017 respectively. Both players have been part of Dortmund’s rise back to the top – they were part of the back to back winning exploits of the German Bundesliga. Subotic deal will tie him to the Westphalian club for anther 2 years while the 3 times German international will stay a year extra.
- As it is now becoming a custom for German clubs, Borrusia Monchengladbach are pitching their tent in Dubai. The Foals are taking advantage of the nice whether to prepare for the second half of the season and away from the cold and icy condition back home. The German top side end the first half of the season by drawing on the road against current league leaders Bayern Munich. In addition to their mid season preparation, they have also taken up ambassadorial role on behalf of DFL Deutsche Football Ligue, helping to further increase the profile of then Bundesliga in the middle East.
- Bayern Munich in Doha The current league leader Bayern Munich end festivities and pitched their camp in Doha, Qatar for intensive week long training ahead of the second half of the season. The Christmas has not affect the Bavarians, though with 9 points gap they are out in the best preparation to ensure that they have successful end .Manuel Nuer pointed to the fact that the sense of togetherness within the team was the key factor in their trailblazing first half of the season. In other developments, Bayern Munich has completed signing FSV Mainz 05 defender Jan Kirchhoff. His contract with Mainz end this season, therefore making him a free agent
- The influx of Japanese stars such as Shinji Kagawa has changed Bundesliga for the better.
Champions League News: Bundesliga Trio of Bayern Munich, Borrussia Dortmund and Shalke FC Gifted Good Draw In EuropeThe European competition enters into the knockout stage next year and it could be described as relatively favourable to the German representatives. From a positive angle, all the German team progressed into the knockout stage for the UEFA Champions League . Current leaders Bayern Munich, last season league champions Borrusia Dortmund and Shalke FC all topped their respective groups and progressed to the next round. This is welcoming as this would improve their coefficient in Europe (4 representatives in Champions League).All teams have been hand a good draw and will for once fancy their chances, more so because all the German teams were the group leaders they will play the first leg away.