Scott Parker is back from injury and may start for Tottenham in place of Sandro, who is out for the remainder of the season after undergoing knee surgery for a damaged anterior cruciate ligament. Younes Kaboul is out for another month while he attempts to recover from a knee injury. Emmanuel Adebayor is on Africa Cup of Nations duty in an otherwise full squad for manager Andre Villas Boas to pick from. Spurs haven’t beaten United at home since May 2001.
Manchester United winger Ashley Young remains out until next week with a knee injury. Jonny Evans isn’t quite ready to return yet, but Nemanja Vidic is fully fit and likely to start alongside Rio Ferdinand. United also have little injury worries apart from that, and are looking to avenge their 3-2 defeat at Old Trafford in September.
- Gareth Bale – The winger has been in sensational form this season with 11 goals and Former manager Harry Redknapp even compared his ability to change games to Lionel Messi earlier in the season.
- Jermain Defoe – Spurs’ top scorer with 14 goals so far this term. The owness is on him even more so now that Adebayor has departed, he is Spurs’ only experienced striker currently in the squad.
- Nemanja Vidic – The heartbeat of United’s backline, their defence and organisation visibly improved against Liverpool with his return for the first hour. A real leader amongst men.
- Robin van Persie – What more is there to say about the flying Dutchman that hasn’t already been said this season? 21goals and 9 assists in all competitions tells the story.
- Michael Carrick – Has enjoyed an excellent season with his customary outstanding range of passing, Tottenham will have to get tight to him to try and stop United’s flowing attacks.
Line ups (probable):
Spurs (4-2-3-1): Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Vertonghen, Naughton, Parker, Dembele, Lennon, Dempsey, Bale, Defoe.
United (4-4-2): De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, Rooney, Van Persie.
Prediction: Should be an open, entertaining affair. Sandro is a huge loss for Spurs and their home record against United is nothing short of appalling, but I back them to spring a surprise here by matching the score line earlier in the season. 3-2
Where To Watch Online: Manchester United vs. Tottenham1026516