- The New York Giants have reportedly reached a deal to keep star wide receiver Victor Cruz for another year. The move gives the Giants time to negotiate a new long-term contract and keeps a key playmaker on the offense.
- The Chicago Bears have traded Gabe Carimi to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a sixth-round draft pick. Despite all the problems the offensive lineman has had in his young career, Chicago pulled the trigger on this trade too early and for too little compensation.
- Washington Redskins outside linebacker Brian Orakpo is targeting this seaon's NFL Defensive Player of the Year award. If he stays healthy, Orakpo should flourish as the best pass-rusher on a strong Washington front seven.
- Ageing defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin can help the Dallas Cowboys win the NFC East in 2013. His approach to team speed on defense will offer the perfect counter to the division's fast-paced offenses.
- The Atlanta Falcons are reportedly close to signing free agent Richard Seymour. The veteran lineman would bring tremendous versatility to Atlanta's defensive schemes.
- Chicago Bears offensive lineman Gabe Carimi raised a lot of eyebrows by skipping this week's voluntary offseason training activities. However, considering that he chose instead to stay in Arizona rehabbing his injured right knee, it's hard to imagine a better use of his time, for his own benefit or his team's.
- The New York Giants are reportedly interested in signing veteran defensive back Charles Woodson.
- Young Linebackers Sean Lee and Bruce Carter are the keys to the Dallas Cowboys' new 4-3 defense. The duo must stay healthy to make coordinator Monte Kiffin's schemes work.
Washington Redskins News: Can Mike Shanahan Turn Late-Round Picks Chris Thompson And Jawan Jamison Into 1,000-Yard NFL Running Backs?Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan has a great history of drafting late-round runners and turning them into 1,000-yard NFL running backs. Can he do the same for 2013 rookies Chris Thompson and Jawan Jamison?
- The New York Giants are reportedly meeting with free agent running back Tim Hightower today. Big Blue should sign the versatile, veteran runner.
- The Chicago Bears packed some serious surprises into their choices in the 2013 NFL Draft. Here's a look at all six Bears draftees and how much value the team is getting for its picks.
- Philadelphia really can't go wrong sitting at No. 4 tonight. With so many positions of need, whoever they chose, regardless of position, should help. For that matter, trading down for more picks isn't a bad idea, either.
- Terrell Owens wants to make an NFL comeback with the Chicago Bears, where he'd be reunited with former offensive coordinator Marc Trestman. If the Bears know what's good for them, they'll let Owens stay in retirement rather than bringing him in to wreck a promising team.
- With the offenses undergoing potential changes due to the success of the zone read, should the Packers consider taking advantage of what the system has brought to the NFL?
- Now that Nnamdi Asomugha has joined the San Francisco 49ers, are the 49ers getting the cornerback who dominated for the Oakland Raiders, or the one who flopped for the Philadelphia Eagles?
- The Arizona Cardinals have traded a pair of late-round draft picks pick to the Oakland Raiders, for veteran quarterback Carson Palmer.