- Axed Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, looks like Buddy Ryan compared to his struggling replacement Todd Bowles.
- With the impossible-to-determine burden of playing football one day after a murder-suicide claimed the lives of LB Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, the Chiefs earned their second win of the season.
- Marshawn Lynch and the Seattle Seahawks look to stay in postseason contention Sunday as they visit Jay Cutler and the Chicago Bears. Here's a look at what to expect as two of the NFL's best defenses slug it out.
Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens Preview: Baltimore Looks To Sweep Black And Gold Two Years In RowThe Pittsburgh Steelers are hurting and have their backs against the wall. Two consecutive losses have dropped them to 6-5 and put them on the edge of playoff qualification. Another loss, and to hated division rivals, Baltimore, may be more than they can recover from. The Steelers will be desperate but the Ravens will be at home, where they have been significantly better than on the road.
- After a disastrous trip to New York that involved a blow-out loss to the Giants, the Packers will be looking to rebound. Coming to town are hated division rivals, the Minnesota Vikings. It could be that the Vikings, a team that started hot and cooled as the season went on, will give the Packers a serious challenge. However, Green Bay coach, Mike McCarthy will not want to see back-to-back losses and has likely burned the midnight oil looking for answers to questions raised by the Giants.
- The Houston Texans will look to end the struggles that have seen them need overtime to beat two opponents in a five-day stretch. A long injury list and a shaky secondary have led to them having to find new ways to close out games. But their sinking division rivals, the Tennessee Titans may just be the medicine they need to get back on track.
Arizona Cardinals: Loss to St. Louis Rams May Signal Beginning of the End of Whisenhunt Era In Arizona.After a four game winning streak to start the season, the Arizona Cardinals have now lost seven games back-to-back. Can head coach Ken Whisenhunt possibly hope to keep his job in Arizona, and could the presence of his potential successor, Ray Horton, on staff mean that his recovery is now a bridge too far?
- Read here to find out all the essential schemes and match ups to consider for this HUGE NFC South divisional rivalry between Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints against Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday Night Football!
- Tim Tebow isn't healthy, and shouldn't be rushed back to sit on the sideline in full gear for yet another week. Tebow will never replace an ineffective Sanchez, but McElroy could.
- The NFL's growing concerns about player safety, especially the rash of concussions that has drawn attention, has led to rule changes. Now, the NFL is determined to impose even stricter consequences for so-called "head hunters." Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed was recently suspended for a helmet-to-helmet hit. While the suspension was overturned, the message from the NFL is clear: players leading with their heads risk severe penalties that will not only affect their finances, but also their teams.
- Terrell Suggs pulled off the impossible when he took the field just five months and two weeks after tearing his Achilles. Now, Ray Lewis, not to be outdone, may make his own remarkable return as soon as week 15.
- 5 NFL Teams in need of drastic NFL changes.
- Roger Goodell has been in talks for over a month now with London mayor Boris Johnson about a permanent franchise at Olympic Stadium.
- Here are the key match ups and schemes to consider for the huge 49ers vs Saints game this weekend!