- Ayanbadejo's release has only modest cap implications (the Ravens will save $800,000), and can be viewed as part of a movement to create a younger—and many have speculated, quieter—team.
- With the offenses undergoing potential changes due to the success of the zone read, should the Packers consider taking advantage of what the system has brought to the NFL?
- Now that Nnamdi Asomugha has joined the San Francisco 49ers, are the 49ers getting the cornerback who dominated for the Oakland Raiders, or the one who flopped for the Philadelphia Eagles?
- The Arizona Cardinals have traded a pair of late-round draft picks pick to the Oakland Raiders, for veteran quarterback Carson Palmer.
- The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent cornerback Tracy Porter, reuniting the cover man with former position coach Dennis Allen.
- Predicting the Washington Redskins seven picks in the 2013 NFL draft, including a pair of safeties and an athletic, IVY League offensive lineman.
- The Oakland Raiders have traded two future draft picks to the Seattle Seahawks, for quarterback Matt Flynn. It's a bold move the Raiders had to make.
- Notre Dame's Manti Te'o looks likely to fall far enough for the Chicago Bears to pick him in the 2013 NFL Draft. Despite the hits his image has taken in recent months, Te'o would be an excellent fit for a defense that needs to replace Brian Urlacher sooner rather than later.
- The Washington Redskins have re-signed free-agent tight end Fred Davis. The move retains one the key weapons for quarterback Robert Griffin III.
- The New Orleans Saints have agreed a deal for free-agent outside linebacker Victor Butler. The move adds a player who could be key to the success of the Saints new 3-4 defense.
- The Atlanta Falcons have signed former New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora, to replace free agent John Abraham.
Food for Thought: Should Green Bay Have Followed Atlanta's Lead in Learning Info About the Zone Read?Could the Packers have headed out this off-season to learn more information about the zone read? After all, San Francisco took advantage of NFL teams ignorance of it during the playoffs.
NFL Trade News: Quarterback Matt Flynn Is Wanted By The Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars And Oakland RaidersThe Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars and Oakland Raiders are all reportedly interested in trading for Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback Matt Flynn.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reportedly ready to trade their first-round draft pick for New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis. The trade would make the Bucanneers a dangerous team defensively in 2013.
- Chicago Bears icon Brian Urlacher is leaving the team after 13 seasons. Even as he continues his career in another uniform, it's a great time to look back at all he's accomplished—and how he stacks up against the team's unmatched tradition of middle linebackers.
- Signing free-agent linebacker Antwan Barnes shows the New York Jets are finally fixing their weak pass rush.
- The New England Patriots should move fast to sign recently released defensive end Elvis Dumervil.