Stock index futures pointed to a slightly lower open on Wall Street on Tuesday, with futures for the S&P 500 down 0.1 percent, Dow Jones futures down 0.1 percent and Nasdaq 100 futures down 0.1 percent at 0733 GMT.
* Chip maker Texas Instruments Inc
* Companies scheduled to report quarterly results on Tuesday include Goldman Sachs
* Goldman Sachs is expected to report sharply lower quarterly earnings due to weak trading and a charge for buying back preferred stock from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway
* Tokyo stocks hit a three-week low on Tuesday, hit by Texas Instruments' warning on the impact from Japan's earthquake and after the yen climbed on S&P's revised credit outlook for the United States. European stocks were up 0.5 percent in morning trade, rebounding from the previous session's sharp sell-off.
* Apple Inc
* Toshiba Corp <6502.T> said on Tuesday it likely fell short of its operating profit estimate for the past business year by 4 percent after last month's massive earthquake and tsunami affected operations at some of its plants.
* Booming smartphone demand and cost cuts kept cellphone venture Sony Ericsson <6758.T>
* Wall Street fell more than 1 percent on Monday as sovereign debt fears on both sides of the Atlantic and China's monetary tightening hurt the outlook for global economic growth.
* The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> slid 140.24 points, or 1.14 percent, to 12,201.59. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> declined 14.54 points, or 1.10 percent, to 1,305.14. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> dropped 29.27 points, or 1.06 percent, to 2,735.38.
(Reporting by Blaise Robinson; Editing by Louise Heavens)