With Christmas less than two weeks away, many people have bought their gifts and are thinking about the final touches. If you’re one of those people who likes to go the extra mile and want to stuff a stocking for your girlfriend but don’t know what she would want, just keep reading. We’ve compiled a list of some little presents that most women would like to see.
1. Lip-gloss: It’s practically impossible to get Kylie Jenner’s lip kit, but Victoria’s Secret has a variety of lip-glosses that are flavored. Buy one for $10, 2 for $15, or 4 for $20. Strawberry fizz, Delish and Sweetheart are popular colors.
2. Eye Shadow: Urban Decay has great eye shadows. Their new palette, called Naked 3, retails for $54.00 and can be bought at retail stores like Ulta Beauty, Sephora, Nordstrom or Macy’s. Of course, you can always check Amazon too.
3. Liquid Eyeliner: Thanks to artists like Adele, the cat-eye trend isn’t going away anytime soon. Maybelline’s ink pen eyeliner makes slicking on the perfect line easy -- and it won’t break the bank either. It retails for $7.99.
4. Chocolate: This one is easy and probably inexpensive. Of course, there are chocolates that are on the pricey side, but Dove makes a silky chocolate that isn’t expensive. You can buy the bar, but if you buy the bag, which usually retails for $7, each chocolate is individually wrapped. More, a special message is written under every wrapper.
5. Nail Polish: Nail polish is another little present that can be picked up at retail stores like Ulta Beauty or Sally’s. Try Essie’s Wicked for $8.50 or the color of the month, Butler Please.
— Jennifer Dye (@chroma_nails) December 12, 2015
6. Wacky socks: While your grandmother might be notorious for giving you underwear for Christmas, funky socks are a fun way to give clothing. Pick a pattern and color that’s crazy, or toe socks, which are funky by nature.
7. Perfume: A rollerball fragrance is the perfect thing for a stocking stuffer. Try Love Express by Express for $15.90.
8. Hand Lotion: The winter months can be brutal on the hands, but a little lotion can help soften them up. Try Hand Food for $4.00. It leaves hands smooth and doesn’t have the oily residue. It can be bought at Sephora or Ulta.
9. Lip Balm: Since lips have a tendency to dry out in the winter too, chapstick is a good gift idea. Try Eos lip balm, which can be picked up in most beauty stores or pharmacies. The raspberry one is delicious.
10. Candle: Help spice up the scent of her home with a delicious-smelling candle. Yankee Candle has a ton of different scents and different sized candles that can fit any budget, or stocking.
11. Wine cork: Keep her wine fresh with a unique wine cork. If she likes to travel, look for one that has a compass at the top. If she has a quirky sense of humor, Gag Gifts has a pickle wine stopper.
12. Gift Card: Whether you give her $5 for her future cup of Joe at her preferred coffee shop or $25 for her favorite restaurant or store, gift cards are a great way to top off Christmas.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella